Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For the life-expectancy question, my main points were basically:

1) Have to be supported by the State for a longer period of time.

2) Age of retirement may have to be raised.

3) Old-age illnesses may become more prevalent, burden on healthcare system.

4) Overpopulation, urban sprawl, high density apartments constructed, etc.

Then in terms of bull$**t to fill space:

1) People on fixed-rate pensions would be f***ed (I put it slightly more eloquently).

2) People might have more kids in the hope of financial + personal support in their old age.

Did anyone do anything drastically different or just get different points?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else make the pyramid? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gilbare)

Amazing lol

I made it in mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keynesismyhomeboy)
    when is the earliest one could hear about interviews?
    I think I got 4. At least I believe that I saw 4 consecutive public holidays...

I got C on question 50

but I left so much out

Btw. what was the one with the tree obscuring the view of the house? I calculated 2,5m applying the same ration of the first tree to the first house to the second tree and the second house...but the nearest answer was 4m so I picked that...

And the one with the telephone bill? I took A after getting sick of calculating so much^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09911041)
    3) i have 1:15. i simply counted one 3rd of the triangles and got 14 in one row and 11 altogether for the parts between.
    they were 4 rows so 14 + 11 + 14/3 = 29,66 for 2 hexagons.

I did this the first time, but there's a row of triangles on the bottom as well as the top, i.e. the entire thing is encircled by triangles. So you have to include one extra row. I think... I did get 1:15 the first time, but did it another way and wrote down 1:18.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kwinten)
    I had five. At least there were five consecutive days in april, but it may be that they were in the same country or so? (don't know if that was prohibited, guess i forgot to look for that)
    I put this too I think..

ReputationRep:
    That's genius! Didn't have time for that though. What anwser did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stashup)
    Btw. what was the one with the tree obscuring the view of the house? I calculated 2,5m applying the same ration of the first tree to the first house to the second tree and the second house...but the nearest answer was 4m so I picked that...

And the one with the telephone bill? I took A after getting sick of calculating so much^^
    I did it like 1,6:7 equals x:20, and then worked it out. It had to be just over 4.5, so I chose the 4,8 one.
    What was the telephone bill one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elieshout)
    That's genius! Didn't have time for that though. What anwser did you get?
    Erm, I could tell you the answer I got if I was told the options! I remember it being a bit devious...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j1991)
    I did the same essay. What did you include because I bullsh**** a lot! Didn't know what I was going on about, and it had no structure!
    just thought about some everyday-life examples, i don't know if that is actually good.

first paragraph: definition for "rational" by describing how a judge comes to his decisions. (reasonable, without emotions, only evaluating facts) --> that means altogether "rational"

then as a bridge: if rational, then always reasonable, but also the other way around?

in the moment of the actual action, someone might say 'yes':
    example of a professional poker player(his job is basically to act reasonably to win long-term): he has to make a decision and is usually able to do that rationally since he is a professional.
    if he is affected by something else (e.g. so much money on the table or he has lost so much before or he doesn't like his opponent) if might start playing unreasonably.
    since he plays poker for a living and "has" to win the money back to buy something to eat etc. he sees this as the only chance to get to money and blanks out all other possibilites. he thinks he has a really good reason and is therefore acting rationally.

that is wrong. as defined before, he has to eveluate his situation by taking all possibilites into account and without any emotions.

therefore, it is not necessarily rational even if you have a good reason.

thats it. maybe i screwed this up? :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Got B for the telephone one I think. Medium Usage category. Quite confusing though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmorrison12)
    Hi, this is a bit off topic but what are you doing on your gap year because I was considering it if I don't get an offer anywhere good as a back up option?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagikMonkey)
    I did this the first time, but there's a row of triangles on the bottom as well as the top, i.e. the entire thing is encircled by triangles. So you have to include one extra row. I think... I did get 1:15 the first time, but did it another way and wrote down 1:18.
    i know. this is what i said and this is why i devided 14 by 3.
    so i included the extra row.
    could be wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    How many questions did people have to guess?

I guessed the two at the end becasue I ran out of time, I probably guesssed about 4 or 5 problem solving ones though to be honest... But they weren't totally random guesses...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09911041)
    i know. this is what i said and this is why i devided 14 by 3.
    so i included the extra row.
    could be wrong though.
    Hmm. All I remember is doing it your way and getting 1:15, then going back when I had the time and literally counting every single triangle to be sure. Oh well. We'll find out soon enough...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mightyduck)
    I took the TSA in Germany (and yes, I am German) and was stunned at the number of absolute elite students who showed up there. Altough they were all really cool people.
    Did you sit the TSA at Schloss Salem?

I actually think this year's TSA was easier than last year's. Still, I know I got some of the questions wrong.

Does anyone remember what they got for the Metallica-question?
    I think I got the town in the right corner...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elieshout)
    I did it like 1,6:7 equals x:20, and then worked it out. It had to be just over 4.5, so I chose the 4,8 one.
    What was the telephone bill one?
    ****...this is exactly what I did but I must have got the calculation wrong. baaaaaah

Thank god my essay was quite decent otherwise I'd be quite pessimistic right now :-P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rev_pain)
    Hi, this is a bit off topic but what are you doing on your gap year because I was considering it if I don't get an offer anywhere good as a back up option?

Yeah that's exactly what I did mate. Got an offer from a very nice university, was all set to go, then on the day of my results I though actually with 4 A's I think I'll try again, see if I can't go somewhere amazing.

I am going...

Fiji - coaching rugby for a month with Madventurer (mandatory PS enhancer)
    Australia for 6 weeks with some mates before going on to Thailand for another 6 weeks
    New Zealand - teaching skiing in South Island for 3 months.

Important thing to remember is that most of the selection process is done before you'd be thinking about going. Hence you can say what you like in your PS

ReputationRep:
    Could have done a lot better tbh. Have a mental block on almost all the questions except the granny one (I got 5) and the last one (didn't know so guessed). And I did Q.4 and talked about the positive and negative changes on society, mentioning taxes, immigration and the dependancy ratio; the grey pound, families relying more on them for babysitting etc, and new products and services directed at elderly. But dispite putting raise retirement age in my plan, I forgot to mention it.... but my essay went better than the multi choice.

ReputationRep:
    this sort of ingenuity should stand you in good stead :P

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.