Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    Ahh you see, I did the same calc. but the woman said it couldn't be any higher as it would blocked her height. Therefore it had to be 4.2
    was that answer D?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmorrison12)
    How many people did the question on reason and rationality? all the others seemed absolutely horrible. I wrote about how rationality seemed to be more objective, based on what society viewed to be reasonable whereas reason is more subjective and a result of the thought processes of the individual. So what we might call irrational behaviour is the result of faulty or unusual reasoning. Also said a bit about how you can be reasonable without being rational... something about living between two supermarkets and having no rational reason to pick one over the other and therefore rationality would dictate starving to be the only solution, so an irrational method like tossing a coin would be reasonable.

Multiple choice was pretty standard I though, only two I couldn't get were the last one on the pyramid with coloured sides and the hexagon to triangle ratio. It took me about 4 minutes to realise that just under 50% of students are always going to be under-average. I laughed in the exam.
    Pretty much exactly what I wrote for the essay :p:

ReputationRep:
    I chose the Einstein question, just like someone else in this thread, have read up on Dawkins :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heinsmit)
    was that answer D?

I don't remember. I don't think so though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izinku)
    This is vv v v v good!
    I wish... besides, I ****** up multi choice

Oh well, I'll post here again when I get my result- won't achieve anything by discussing it now :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Ahh you see, I did the same calc. but the woman said it couldn't be any higher as it would blocked her height. Therefore it had to be 4.2
    she said she wants not too much but that (20/ (7/1,6) at least) (!) so it was at least a little bit more than 4,5 but the one next to it --> 4.8.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09911041)
    she said she wants not too much but that (20/ (7/1,6) at least) (!) so it was at least a little bit more than 4,5 but the one next to it --> 4.8.
    But when I input it, the 4.8 one blocked it out completely rather than simply 'JUST' obscuring the building.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with everyone here- this test was much more difficult in terms of pacing than last year. It's not that the problems were more "challenging," they were just far more time consuming! I guessed on far more than I'd care to admit- terrified of getting something like a 30 out of 50!!! Hopefully that 17% increase in applicants doesn't apply to PPE, and the admissions tutors will take pity on our TSA scores for interview selection :sad:

For the Granny one I got 5, and for the phone bill question I got B (Bellaphone, I think?). Does anyone remember what they got for wheel rotation question? I got 1, but had to guess as I was sure it would be 2 (and that wasn't an option).

Btw, it seems like the USA/international essay questions were totally different- did anyone else do question "X," whether it is "right" for the majority to always get their way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09911041)
    I calculated 4.2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marlowe92)
    I agree with everyone here- this test was much more difficult in terms of pacing than last year. It's not that the problems were more "challenging," they were just far more time consuming! I guessed on far more than I'd care to admit- terrified of getting something like a 30 out of 50!!! Hopefully that 17% increase in applicants doesn't apply to PPE, and the admissions tutors will take pity on our TSA scores for interview selection :sad:

For the Granny one I got 5, and for the phone bill question I got B (Bellaphone, I think?). Does anyone remember what they got for wheel rotation question? I got 1, but had to guess as I was sure it would be 2 (and that wasn't an option).

Btw, it seems like the USA/international essay questions were totally different- did anyone else do question "X," whether it is "right" for the majority to always get their way?
    Granny one I counted 5, bellaphone was the phone service I calculated to be the cheapest (did them all), and the wheel question should be 1.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, the wheel rotation... it was 1 rotation of the big wheel right?

ReputationRep:
    But when I input it, the 4.8 one blocked it out completely rather than simply 'JUST' obscuring the building.
    The way I understood it, it had to AT LEAST obscure the whole building, but be the shortest one to do so. So it could not be under the size needed, but as little over it as possible. If you work out the equasion, you'll see the anwser is 4,57....., so the tree has to be the one of 4.8 as it is the shortest one longer than this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elieshout)
    The way I understood it, it had to AT LEAST obscure the whole building, but be the shortest one to do so. So it could not be under the size needed, but as little over it as possible. If you work out the equasion, you'll see the anwser is 4,57....., so the tree has to be the one of 4.8 as it is the shortest one longer than this.
    somebody please tell me... was the 4.8 option answer D?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heinsmit)
    somebody please tell me... was the 4.8 option answer D?
    It could well be, although I'm not 100% sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stephens)
    I calculated 4.2.
    :ditto:

i did 4.8 worked out using the same ratio

ReputationRep:
    Methinks the overall average for this year is going to be much much lower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rev_pain)
    cheers, that sounds pretty good, I was considering this american thing where you can teach sport but it might be during exam time.
    Might just get a job/work experience
    yeah that does sound good. I contemplated America but I without sounding like an alcoholic, the fact that you can't drink there til you're 21 did put me off a little. It does look great but I do want to party a bit while I'm on a gap year. Basically just do something you think you'll enjoy. I've got friends who are working in Australia but I thought I'd rather just have a good time and work in UK. I've got mates are working in law firms and accountancy firms to enhance their chances of uni but I thought if I'm going to take a year out I'd rather be doing something fun. My opinion anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully everyone will do so **** that they'll just have to interview us all as the results will clearly be way too unreliable

ReputationRep:
    I'm still not sure about that wheel question, I put 1, but wasn't sure about whether a large wheel connecting to a small wheel will move at the same rate if the bands do not slip, I have a feeling they will, and the answer should be C: 8.

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.