Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izinku)
    what was the question?
    errrm you were given a table of how many calories he burnt per 500m rowed and were given the amount he rowed in the 3 times he used the machine. You had to work out the equivalent for each bit on each one but the last bit on the table which you kept as the same value.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommy Jay)
    Multiple choice is wayyy more important!

If you have good multiple choice, but bad essay = interview

if you have bad multiple choice, but good essay= no interview

that is a huge generalisation, but there is no doubt a lot more weighting is given to the multi-choice

I like this you know..=)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    errrm you were given a table of how many calories he burnt per 500m rowed and were given the amount he rowed in the 3 times he used the machine. You had to work out the equivalent for each bit on each one but the last bit on the table which you kept as the same value.
    can't remember exactly what I put, but I remember it was the quite obvious one, so I didn't spot a trick there at least... does that help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stephens)
    We'll need the exact figures for how much each piece cost to answer your question.

The key to the question was atleast. Hence he will not buy 24c worth, (12), because thats not atleast 25% of $1. He'll buy 26c worth, so 13.
    What are you talking about.......

1/2 on percy pigs = 50p on percy pigs
    1/4 on haribo = 25p on haribo
    1/10 on gum = 10p on gum

50+25+10=85 p
    100 - 85= 15p

So he has 15 left to spend whichever way he wishes to.

If x=sweets , at least doesnt mean x> portion. It's bigger or equal to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stephens)
    We'll need the exact figures for how much each piece cost to answer your question.

The key to the question was atleast. Hence he will not buy 24c worth, (12), because thats not atleast 25% of $1. He'll buy 26c worth, so 13.
    I remember at one case, he was able to spend at LEAST 25c on one particular thing but each of that thing was 3c so he had to spend at least 27c. I ended up saying he spent 0.5 on one thing, 0.27 on another, he bought something else and I worked out that he had 10c to spend on gum. You could've increased the 27c but I tested other options.

Got 5-11

ReputationRep:

Oh I got something ridiculous for that, cant remember the value though. I did rough ratios. and you?

ReputationRep:

1/10 on gum = 10p on gum

50+25+10=85 p
    100 - 85= 15p

Nope, he had to spend at least 25% of £1 on haribo. Haribo are 3c each. 24c is not 25% so the next bit up is 27c on harbio.

ReputationRep:

1/10 on gum = 10p on gum

50+25+10=85 p
    100 - 85= 15p

he was spending AT least that fraction on all those. so there may have been one where he bought one more, in which case that takes a chunk out of the budget of buying further gum... if that makes sense... which makes it 11...

ReputationRep:
    I remember at one case, he was able to spend at LEAST 25c on one particular thing but each of that thing was 3c so he had to spend at least 27c. I ended up saying he spent 0.5 on one thing, 0.27 on another, he bought something else and I worked out that he had 10c to spend on gum. You could've increased the 27c but I tested other options.

Got 5-11
    ooooooooooh, I seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I didnt even pay attention to the other prices It makes sense now

ReputationRep:
    i got 5-11.

Do you remember what you got for the rowing one?
    If I remember correctly my calculation wents something like this:
    400 meter at 50 calories per 500 meter = 40 calories
    600 meter at 55 calories per 500 meter = 66 calories
    500 meter at ?? calories per 500 meter = ?? calories
    200 meter at ?? calories per 500 meter = ?? calories
    I don't remember the values for those last two, but I remember the total ended in a 0, so the last one ended in a 4.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I got something ridiculous for that, cant remember the value though. I did rough ratios. and you?
    Can't remember what I got but I'm pretty certain I did it right. As I did ratios for all of them as it was pretty basic numbers and then just left the last row as 60 or 40 or whatever it was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heinsmit)
    can't remember exactly what I put, but I remember it was the quite obvious one, so I didn't spot a trick there at least... does that help?

the trick was that he didnt reset it for the second row
    but reset it half way through the third row
    it was smth like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elieshout)
    If I remember correctly my calculation wents something like this:
    400 meter at 50 calories per 500 meter = 40 calories
    600 meter at 55 calories per 500 meter = 66 calories
    500 meter at ?? calories per 500 meter = ?? calories
    200 meter at ?? calories per 500 meter = ?? calories
    I don't remember the values for those last two, but I remember the total ended in a 0, so the last one ended in a 4.
    Nope, the 2nd to last one ended in a 4 iirc. (44 i think) as the last one was either 60 or 40. I got a total ending in 0 though Think I got 210 or 190 or something. Looking at it I may've done it wrong though as I think you're meant to add it cumulatively?

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember what I got but I'm pretty certain I did it right. As I did ratios for all of them as it was pretty basic numbers and then just left the last row as 60 or 40 or whatever it was.
    How did you find the CT ones? There were some quite tricky ones

ReputationRep:
    the trick was that he didnt reset it for the second row
    but reset it half way through the third row
    it was smth like that
    all i remember there being specific info about was the third row, so was there any trick to the first row? i assumed there was no resetting until the third row

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musty129)
    I like this you know..=)
    I like this too! i totally ballsed up the essay lol

ReputationRep:
    all i remember there being specific info about was the third row, so was there any trick to the first row? i assumed there was no resetting until the third row
    I really cant remember

The hockey players question was annoying.

What was question 50 that everyone is talking about?

ReputationRep:
    I assumed it is automatically reset between rows, mainly because machines at my gym do that...

ReputationRep:
    How did you find the CT ones? There were some quite tricky ones
    only one i REALLY didn't get was the one about kids underperforming in tests. i was like....wtf so I just guessed and said anything. Other than that I was fairly happy with them. I'm **** at problem solving though so it was more that part of it that concerned me.

Did anyone else feel like there loads more problem solving qs than usual?

ReputationRep:
    I really cant remember

The hockey players question was annoying.

What was question 50 that everyone is talking about?
    pyramid, i put c having looked at it for 10 seconds so let's hope

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.