Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amiparanoid)
    That's exactly what I thought. The SAT has a lot of knowledge content involved, whereas the TSA actually seems to rely on logical rigour...

Btw, PPE at Balliol here. :eek:
    Like, the TSA is what the SAT really should be. If they had that in the US, so many students would be better prepared to learn in college.

AH. I WANT TO KNOW! BALLIOL. AHH

Why did you apply to Balliol? I did because of its reputation for PPE and for being leftist.

ReputationRep:
    The worst part is that you can't even guess how well you did (or didn't do). If you did badly, it's only a reflection of yourself and your intelligence, and there's absolutely nothing else you can blame it on.

Just to cheer you all up, y'know.

ReputationRep:
    another balliol ppe applicant here

ReputationRep:
    AAB offer from Exeter! Not sure how that's relevant to the Oxford forum, but it's a PPE offer so yay Well, Political Econ&philos so kind of the same thing :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coughsplutter)
    AAB offer from Exeter! Not sure how that's relevant to the Oxford forum, but it's a PPE offer so yay Well, Political Econ&philos so kind of the same thing :P
    Yay - well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pokerplayer1191)
    Like, the TSA is what the SAT really should be. If they had that in the US, so many students would be better prepared to learn in college.

AH. I WANT TO KNOW! BALLIOL. AHH

Why did you apply to Balliol? I did because of its reputation for PPE and for being leftist.
    Partially the PPE reputation, partly after stumbling across this: http://users.ox.ac.uk/~ball1646/

Her "main area of research is philosophy of logic language." She also is interested in Aristotle and Philosophy of Linguistics.

Politics + any Philosophy of Linguistics and Logic = :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coughsplutter)
    This is getting creepy; I got an offer from Exeter for Phil/Pol a few days ago.

So that's an offer from Sheffield (in Politics/Philosophy) and Exeter for both of us. At similar times. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amiparanoid)
    This is getting creepy; I got an offer from Exeter for Phil/Pol a few days ago.

So that's an offer from Sheffield (in Politics/Philosophy) and Exeter for both of us. At similar times. :eek:
    Now just to wait for the offers from Oxford at the same time :yep:

I hope so anyway :p:

All the scenario needs are some creepy looking twins on bicycles and the scariness is sealed.... unless we actually turn out to be twins ourselves... that'd be text book creepiness. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I've heard this from a few people and I was just wondering if it is true that if you don't hear from Oxford 4 days before the scheduled interview date they put up on their website, you'll have to ring them up????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilyusha)
    another balliol ppe applicant here
    same here.. that makes already 5 PPE applicants to Balliol only on this thread!! aaaaah! well, good luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matija_v)
    same here.. that makes already 5 PPE applicants to Balliol only on this thread!! aaaaah! well, good luck to everyone!

:cry: We should be the ones that get in! AHH hopefully

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow i didn't know this had been opened up again. My college said they didn't know the dates for the results to be released so once again this forum has helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GG_C)
    I've heard this from a few people and I was just wondering if it is true that if you don't hear from Oxford 4 days before the scheduled interview date they put up on their website, you'll have to ring them up????
    I got an email from the college I was allocated to several weeks ago (I assume this should be the same for other colleges?) about interviews. Basically, yes:

"If you are required to come to Oxford in December we will send you a formal invitation, which will be despatched at least seven days before the scheduled date of interviews for the subject for which you are applying... If you have not been contacted four days before the interviews are due, please get in touch as a matter of urgency."

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I got the same thing as sirensinging.

I think that's mostly them acknowledging your application though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Graphix)
    We register on the TSA site no earlier than ten days before the 15th January...did you get a sheet from your school with your login details??
    ah yes brilliant thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rophy)
    your centre gives you a password and you get them online, but they might be waiting until nearer the time cuz it's not till 15th January good luck
    great thanks you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazy_chic)
    great thanks you too
    no problem :yep:

ReputationRep:
    OMG TSA was SOOOOO HARD lol. the multiple choice was impossible and i was so traumatised by it that my essay was a pile of flaming crap lol. the specimen papers were so misleading, making me think that the TSA would be fine. lol. bye bye Oxford

ReputationRep:
    The TSA went oké for me, I think.. Although I did notice to mistakes I've made already, reading this thread... :O

I can't wait for my interview invite/rejection! :woo:

I have applied for PPE at Magdalen btw!

(I got my first offer today: PPE at York! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trollman)
    oxford have our results now, they use them to decide who gets an interview, and we will get offers or rejections before xmas, so finding out the results is just a formality!

Are you sure we all find out whether we've been rejected/have an offer before Christmas?? Why did I think it was mid January, which is horrible considering we have January exams!

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.