Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DEPECHEMODE)
    The TSA went oké for me, I think.. Although I did notice to mistakes I've made already, reading this thread... :O
    Did you mean "two" here?

Because two mistakes is hardly a problem :P

(Original post by amy123123)
    Are you sure we all find out whether we've been rejected/have an offer before Christmas?? Why did I think it was mid January, which is horrible considering we have January exams!
    its just what an admissions person said when they visited our school, they said we let u knw by xmas/before the new year whereas camb wait longer as they intefview more people but looking on their website it says january so i dont knw, doesnt matter i will get my rejection in like 2 weeks lol!

ReputationRep:
    Dear {Removed for privacy reasons},

Ms Gerhardi has asked me to reply on her behalf. The proportion of applicants summoned to interview is difficult to calculate on a College-by-College basis - the University-wide figure for Economics and Management has usually been around 25% deselected, though last year this was around 50% - it can vary depending on how many people apply.
    The TSA is indeed used to filter applicants, though there is no pass percentage. Candidates are ranked and a bottom percentage deselected. As I say, this percentage can vary from year to year.
    I'm sorry not to be more precise in my response, but the system we use is very individual and exact numbers will depend on the number and quality of the candidates applying in a particular year.

Many thanks

{Removed for privacy reasons}

So, do you think it'll be another 50% deselection year? Does anyone know why they hiked up the deselection by 25 percentage points in one year. Its not as if twice as many applied, or quality halved- or was it? (referring to the former)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elitist1991)
    Dear {Removed for privacy reasons},

Ms Gerhardi has asked me to reply on her behalf. The proportion of applicants summoned to interview is difficult to calculate on a College-by-College basis - the University-wide figure for Economics and Management has usually been around 25% deselected, though last year this was around 50% - it can vary depending on how many people apply.
    The TSA is indeed used to filter applicants, though there is no pass percentage. Candidates are ranked and a bottom percentage deselected. As I say, this percentage can vary from year to year.
    I'm sorry not to be more precise in my response, but the system we use is very individual and exact numbers will depend on the number and quality of the candidates applying in a particular year.

Many thanks

{Removed for privacy reasons}

So, do you think it'll be another 50% deselection year? Does anyone know why they hiked up the deselection by 25 percentage points in one year. Its not as if twice as many applied, or quality halved- or was it? (referring to the former)
    My guess is that it will be closer to 25%, but I am applying for PPE. I think they cull as many as needed to get the interview number down to a manageable one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Graphix)
    Did you mean "two" here?

Because two mistakes is hardly a problem :P
    Ooh oops. I meant two indeed!
    Two mistakes would be amazing obviously, but I already made two mistakes in the 6 questions extensively discussed in this thread... Haha!

Lets hope those were just the harder questions, and that I managed reasonably well for the whole thing!

Meeh.

Good luck to all you guys (except for my fellow Magdalen PPE applicants mehe:ninja: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DEPECHEMODE)
    Ooh oops. I meant two indeed!
    Two mistakes would be amazing obviously, but I already made two mistakes in the 6 questions extensively discussed in this thread... Haha!

Lets hope those were just the harder questions, and that I managed reasonably well for the whole thing!

Meeh.

Good luck to all you guys (except for my fellow Magdalen PPE applicants mehe:ninja: )
    Good luck!!

I'm sure it went well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pokerplayer1191)
    My guess is that it will be closer to 25%, but I am applying for PPE. I think they cull as many as needed to get the interview number down to a manageable one.
    I have a horrible feeling that it will be above 50% deselected, though I cant quite justify why so dont really worry about it. I think interviews/rejections will start next week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elitist1991)
    I have a horrible feeling that it will be above 50% deselected, though I cant quite justify why so dont really worry about it. I think interviews/rejections will start next week
    Goodness I hope so. I got a very cryptic email from Balliol today saying that "While this isn't inviting to an interview, would you be able to attend in Oxford if we did?"

THANKS BALLIOL. FOR RAISING MY HOPES

ReputationRep:
    Goodness I hope so. I got a very cryptic email from Balliol today saying that "While this isn't inviting to an interview, would you be able to attend in Oxford if we did?"

Oh wow, I hate the cryptic-ness of the whole flaming process :eek3:

I've heard NOTHING whatsoever from Brasenose but apparently they're quite slow with sending out invites/rejections anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone upload the 2009 TSA paper on freeexampapers.com?

Thanks

ReputationRep:

Has anyone else got an email like this? (because I haven't)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rev_pain)
    Has anyone else got an email like this? (because I haven't)
    And more specifically, are there any international applicants who haven't received one of these emails? As far as I know, the only people who have received these are international students. Still, I'm international and haven't received anything. Perhaps it's college specific?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyledb17)
    And more specifically, are there any international applicants who haven't received one of these emails? As far as I know, the only people who have received these are international students. Still, I'm international and haven't received anything. Perhaps it's college specific?
    I did recieve one. I'm applying to Univ, they send one about a week after the deadline. I'm an international, no idea wheter or not they send them to UK students, although I did get the impression they send it to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elieshout)
    I did recieve one. I'm applying to Univ, they send one about a week after the deadline. I'm an international, no idea wheter or not they send them to UK students, although I did get the impression they send it to everyone.
    I'm an international and I've received one too, although just three days ago, not a week after the deadline (you meant 15th october I guess?). I'm not sure but I think they only send it to international students because if you're not one (which means you live in the UK or in Europe) they already expect you to come to Oxfrod for the interview...
    Anyway I don't think this email means anything, so those who didn't receive it shouldn't freak out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SZE)
    I'm an international and I've received one too, although just three days ago, not a week after the deadline (you meant 15th october I guess?). I'm not sure but I think they only send it to international students because if you're not one (which means you live in the UK or in Europe) they already expect you to come to Oxfrod for the interview...
    Anyway I don't think this email means anything, so those who didn't receive it shouldn't freak out
    I'm applying to Balliol by the way, but I think all colleges must send a similar email to their international applicants...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyledb17)
    From what I can tell, while the process for application is university-dictated, the actual carrying-out of the process is done by the individual colleges. For instance, I'm applying to LMH and on their website it says to e-mail them if I wouldn't be able to attend an interview at Oxford, so I highly doubt that these e-mails are any indication of decisions to come. Patience!

ReputationRep:
    Hi..I have heard that some international students have received e-mails from their respective colleges asking if they would be able to attend an interview in Oxford if they were invited to do so..have any international students not received this e-mail?? because i haven't...

ReputationRep:
    i haven't but when i received the acknowledgment email from magdalen they said to let them know if i wouldn't be able to come to interview, so i responded to that saying i couldn't..this was over a month ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marie303)
    i haven't but when i received the acknowledgment email from magdalen they said to let them know if i wouldn't be able to come to interview, so i responded to that saying i couldn't..this was over a month ago
    Ok, I got something similar from Hertford about a month ago too...thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcl)
    Hey
    anyone else on here applied to PPE at Keble?!

i really want to know if i've got an interview or not, its the not knowing thats annoying me now hahaha

x
    Couldn't this have been posted in the PPE/Applicants thread?

I mean, I think it's time for this thread to die now, as little TSA 2009 related discussion's going on.. :o:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.