Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Kneechuh)
    Couldn't this have been posted in the PPE/Applicants thread?

I mean, I think it's time for this thread to die now, as little TSA 2009 related discussion's going on.. :o:
    NO NEVERRRRRRRRRR :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't this have been posted in the PPE/Applicants thread?

I mean, I think it's time for this thread to die now, as little TSA 2009 related discussion's going on.. :o:
    Hey - shush!

This thread won't die!! Also, we've gotta all share our results on January 15th! :P

ReputationRep:
    ok in a bid to see if i get any replies from TSRians did anyone see me at the examinations centre sitting- short , mixed race, stripy purple and black cardigan

ReputationRep:
    :getmecoat:

:getmecoat:
    :rant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trollman)
    :rant:
    Never mind him...!

(Original post by Graphix)
    Never mind him...!
    we will keep the thread alive <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trollman)
    we will keep the thread alive <3
    We will! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    :haughty:

also: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/misc...osted&t=967872 :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SZE)
    I'm applying to Balliol by the way, but I think all colleges must send a similar email to their international applicants...
    Great, this means there are 6 Balliol-PPE applicants on TSR already!!!
    Yeeeah..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matija_v)
    Great, this means there are 6 Balliol-PPE applicants on TSR already!!!
    Yeeeah..
    Yeah but imagine how many places they'll have.. they try and make the ratios the same everywhere using the open application ppl

Maybe it's just a personality trait that the type of ppl that apply for PPe at Balliol also like to go on the type of forum that tsr is and discuss exams... who knows

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musty129)
    Yeah but imagine how many places they'll have.. they try and make the ratios the same everywhere using the open application ppl

Maybe it's just a personality trait that the type of ppl that apply for PPe at Balliol also like to go on the type of forum that tsr is and discuss exams... who knows

:cry:

So many. PPErs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pokerplayer1191)
    :cry:

So many. PPErs.
    I know it's really stressful... when I told a teacher at school I was applying to do a PPE he said if there wasn't any other degree I wanted to do because apparently PPE is by faaar the most popular one... :unsure: Great way to get my hopes up...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SZE)
    I know it's really stressful... when I told a teacher at school I was applying to do a PPE he said if there wasn't any other degree I wanted to do because apparently PPE is by faaar the most popular one... :unsure: Great way to get my hopes up...
    Yeah. Ugh. I mean supposedly with the reallocation/pooling, it probably evens out per college but (especially with applying to Balliol).

They say that picking a specific college doesn't hurt your chances, but idk how true that actually is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SZE)
    I think E&M is more popular...
    in terms of applicants/places ratio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themango)
    I think E&M is more popular...
    in terms of applicants/places ratio
    It's not more popular, but it is more competitive when you look at (as you said) applicants to places ratio. However quite a few people have said to me that that's not telling the complete story cos the quality of applicants for PPE is generally higher than that of E&M.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Merk that Sike of a Mike)
    It's not more popular, but it is more competitive when you look at (as you said) applicants to places ratio. However quite a few people have said to me that that's not telling the complete story cos the quality of applicants for PPE is generally higher than that of E&M.
    hahaha
    How do they know? Oxford don't publish statistics on 'quality' of applicants! It might just be and probably is just their personal experience of people applying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themango)
    hahaha
    How do they know? Oxford don't publish statistics on 'quality' of applicants! It might just be and probably is just their personal experience of people applying?
    Lol well there are stats on average UMS for the applicants to each course, plus i think there might have been stats on tsa scores for the applicants of the two different courses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Merk that Sike of a Mike)
    Lol well there are stats on average UMS for the applicants to each course, plus i think there might have been stats on tsa scores for the applicants of the two different courses
    Fair point

ppe applicants are just the best lol the head admissions tutor at york said ppe students tend to be the best students in the uni running everything, id made me chuckle

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.