Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well, I obviously didn't do very well in the TSA. Or, at least, not well enough to overcome the fact that my grades are generally not really good enough for Oxford.

Ah well, worth a try! Just wish I'd hear from some of my other universities now. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

ReputationRep:
    No letters then today? I'm hoping for tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llacerta)
    Well, I obviously didn't do very well in the TSA. Or, at least, not well enough to overcome the fact that my grades are generally not really good enough for Oxford.

Ah well, worth a try! Just wish I'd hear from some of my other universities now. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!
    Ah, I have little hope now - your grades are similar to mine and you have better GCSE's. Unless I did well on the TSA, of course.

Did you receive it by post or email?

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected today for PPE at Univ.

My GCSEs are relatively poor, but I thought the TSA went alright. My school doesn't cash in ASs, so I couldn't but them on my UCAS. Meh :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kneechuh)
    I got rejected today for PPE at Univ.

My GCSEs are relatively poor, but I thought the TSA went alright. My school doesn't cash in ASs, so I couldn't but them on my UCAS. Meh :dontknow:
    All these rejections, eek. I am sure you will get offers from many other good universities. Did it come by post or email? I am scared.

ReputationRep:
    Interview on the 6th, St Edmund Hall :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BE2506)
    All these rejections, eek. I am sure you will get offers from many other good universities. Did it come by post or email? I am scared.
    By email.

Good luck to all those with interviews though

ReputationRep:
    I got news from Univ today - Interview!

Sorry to hear your news Kneechuh and llacerta

ReputationRep:
    I have to say I was really surprised to be invited for interview given that my grades, when translated into the UK grading scale, amount to something like ABB.

I can only assume that my TSA score was good enough to offset my grades, but even so, Oxford must have given them very little thought.

My only explanation is that they don't really know whether they can trust the Bulgarian education system and prefer to rely on other criteria when evaluating Bulgarian candidates. Which is exactly what I was hoping for, actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L13)
    I have to say I was really surprised to be invited for interview given that my grades, when translated into the UK grading scale, amount to something like ABB.

I can only assume that my TSA score was good enough to offset my grades, but even so, Oxford must have given them very little thought.

My only explanation is that they don't really know whether they can trust the Bulgarian education system and prefer to rely on other criteria when evaluating Bulgarian candidates. Which is exactly what I was hoping for, actually.

lol what you're Bulgarian? me too. Hello.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: :shakehand:

It's a small world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izinku)
    lol what you're Bulgarian? me too. Hello.
    Let's make a Bulgarian group, shall we? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Pfft, I don't think it was ever in doubt that you'd get one :cool:
    Weird question, Kneechuh and sorry... - but was having a discussion with my mum:

When Univ e-mailed you, did you get just a straight e-mail or an attached letter?

ReputationRep:
    Does track get updated when you get on offer?

I'm still waiting hurry up Exeter college

ReputationRep:
    I got an invitation from Univ today as well (:woo:), seems like they've been busy sending emails.

(Original post by Graphix)
    When Univ e-mailed you, did you get just a straight e-mail or an attached letter?
    For me, it was an attached pdf-file.

ReputationRep:
    come on EXETER e+m............... has anyone heard for e+m??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elieshout)
    I got an invitation from Univ today as well (:woo:), seems like they've been busy sending emails.

For me, it was an attached pdf-file.
    Yay - go elieshout! I'll see you there then!

Basically, I asked 'cos my mum's theory is that I could have worked out it was good because of the attchment, i.e. if it was a rejection they wouldn't have bothered with a letter. But I think they still would have 'cos the admissions tutor would have done all of the letters in the same format...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Graphix)
    Weird question, Kneechuh and sorry... - but was having a discussion with my mum:

Attached letter with the document's name as my last name..

ReputationRep:
    Attached letter with the document's name as my last name..
    Okay, thanks.

Sorry to hear the news again, but hopefully you'll get some good offers coming through soon!

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.