Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Really for sorry for the people who didn't get an interview, nd congrats to the peeps who did.
    I also just got an invitation to an interview for PPE at New College

ReputationRep:
    did you get the email JUST NOW? was it sent just now? also...ANYONE heard for e+m? or does anybody here know of anyone who has heard for e+m??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Merk that Sike of a Mike)
    Really for sorry for the people who didn't get an interview, nd congrats to the peeps who did.
    Well done Mike!

ReputationRep:
    So is this a rejection?

"Thank you very much for your application to study PPE at New College. Candidates resident outside continental Europe are not normally required to attend for interview in Oxford, and we thank you for informing us that you do not intend to come to Oxford for the interview period. However, your application is still under active consideration, and the subject tutors may wish to interview you via Skype, telephone or videoconferencing (where available). We will inform you as soon as we can, and closer to the time, whether you are indeed required for interview, and what the exact arrangements will be.
    Please note that this notification was also sent to you by post."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mortifera)
    So is this a rejection?

"Thank you very much for your application to study PPE at New College. Candidates resident outside continental Europe are not normally required to attend for interview in Oxford, and we thank you for informing us that you do not intend to come to Oxford for the interview period. However, your application is still under active consideration, and the subject tutors may wish to interview you via Skype, telephone or videoconferencing (where available). We will inform you as soon as we can, and closer to the time, whether you are indeed required for interview, and what the exact arrangements will be.
    Please note that this notification was also sent to you by post."
    Lol no

stop being so anxious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musty129)
    stop being so anxious
    impossible.

ReputationRep:
    So New College have started sending out interview invitations... did you get it by post or email? I'm currently awaiting my EP rejection :p:

Exeter make me want to cry! I hate all of u ppeists with ur interviews congrats though!!! Lol

ReputationRep:
    Come on Brasenose. Me suffering is funny, I know, but not THAT funny.

(Original post by Coughsplutter)
    Come on Brasenose. Me suffering is funny, I know, but not THAT funny.
    It's not funny I feel your pain!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamstar)
    So New College have started sending out interview invitations... did you get it by post or email? I'm currently awaiting my EP rejection :p:
    Hey jamstar~ they sent me an email at around 7 last night, inviting me to interview, and they said they would also send a letter first class and it came today

ReputationRep:
    Just got a rejection letter from Brasenose. Alas. Congratulations people who got interviews! and hopefully I'll meet my offer for Political Econ and Philos at Exeter.

ReputationRep:
    interview for E&M at C.Church
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by BE2506)
    Ah, I have little hope now - your grades are similar to mine and you have better GCSE's. Unless I did well on the TSA, of course.

Did you receive it by post or email?
    Post, Track still hasn't updated though. Maybe the letter was just a big hoax...:p:

The letter was surprisingly nice, though! Very polite and considerate. Though I couldn't help but be peeved at the fact that ONCE AGAIN Oxford has made a sort of grammatical error in their communications with applicants...They missed out a word in the letter. Tut tut tut.

ReputationRep:
    Got a rejection from Worcester for PPE, too. Congrats to everyone who got an interview and all the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Achajecki)
    interview for E&M at C.Church
    Hey,
    Omg! Congratz
    I have applied for the same course at the same college, when did u hear? and how- post? email?

interview exeter ppe! in the post this morning it was a very thin letter i was so worried but it said interview in the first line! i went crazy!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahni)
    Hey,
    Omg! Congratz
    I have applied for the same course at the same college, when did u hear? and how- post? email?
    Cheers, I just got a letter through the post today. Now all I need to do is pass my drving test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Achajecki)
    Cheers, I just got a letter through the post today. Now all I need to do is pass my drving test
    Your day has started off pretty well, I'm sure you will pass the driving test too... Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    Hey jamstar~ they sent me an email at around 7 last night, inviting me to interview, and they said they would also send a letter first class and it came today
    Ok, thanks
    I might hear today then - my post always comes really late though, so it'll probably be a few more hours before I know!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.