Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DEPECHEMODE)
    Me too! In case Oxford doesn't work out! So I'll be going to the airport straight from the test-centre! oh oh.

You've applied to PPE as well?
    yup you're in the US atm? Why not just do the test over here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Achajecki)
    lol, I failed on one stupid tiny mistake. In the end I got 1 serious and 6 minor. You got your interview yet?
    Omg that sucks! Ya I'm not too sure what the test procedures are at your end (ie. 1 serious and 6 minor ? lol)... No I haven't heard yet but then again I'm not too hopeful on getting an interview. The TSA Writing was sooo goood but I messed up big time in the multi-choice.

.. I hate the wait, I just want to know even if its a rejection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahni)
    Omg that sucks! Ya I'm not too sure what the test procedures are at your end (ie. 1 serious and 6 minor ? lol)... No I haven't heard yet but then again I'm not too hopeful on getting an interview. The TSA Writing was sooo goood but I messed up big time in the multi-choice.

Do you have to come from New Zealand and they haven't told you about interviews yet?!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themango)
    Do you have to come from New Zealand and they haven't told you about interviews yet?!!!
    Yeah the interview is 9th-11th and if by some miracle I do get it I will be flying over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahni)
    Yeah the interview is 9th-11th and if by some miracle I do get it I will be flying over
    those flights must be super expensive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amiparanoid)
    yup you're in the US atm? Why not just do the test over here?
    No, I am in the Netherlands actually, so I will be taking the test here in my own country, and then go to the airport afterwards!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themango)
    those flights must be super expensive!
    They are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elitist1991)
    This may seem like a stupid question; but do universities use the TSA as a pre-interview selector or a discriminator for final places, or both? I ask this because I have an interview yet I didnt think my TSA was good enough. What I'm essentially asking is whether other aspects of the application could outweigh a poor TSA, though my TSA performance could be better than I expect it to be.
    I guess if you got an interview, it wouldn't matter that much. I think the TSA was used to shortlist applicants for interviews mostly, but are also considered in final places.

From the Oxford website:
    Please remember that the interview is just one aspect of your application, as tutors will also consider your

* examination results
    * personal statement
    * academic reference
    * predicted grades
    * admissions tests or written work, if they are required for your subject

Yeah, that was a bit vague.

Also, when/how did you find out about interviews? I haven't heard from them yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sirensinging)
    I guess if you got an interview, it wouldn't matter that much. I think the TSA was used to shortlist applicants for interviews mostly, but are also considered in final places.

From the Oxford website:
    Please remember that the interview is just one aspect of your application, as tutors will also consider your

* examination results
    * personal statement
    * academic reference
    * predicted grades
    * admissions tests or written work, if they are required for your subject

Yeah, that was a bit vague.

Also, when/how did you find out about interviews? I haven't heard from them yet...
    Yeah, that is vague, although I guess admissions tests was at the bottom of the list.

Merton College emailed all E&M applicants on Friday, you should get your reply by the end of this week

ReputationRep:
    I applied to EP to Pemborke and heard nothing so far.
    Although, I'm from Poland, it also would be nice if they sent the eventual invitations earlier... It is a bit irresponsible to stipulate to send interview offers 7 days before THE DATE.

What about you guys? Any invitations? Any rejections?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dominika.k)
    I applied to EP to Pemborke and heard nothing so far.
    Although, I'm from Poland, it also would be nice if they sent the eventual invitations earlier... It is a bit irresponsible to stipulate to send interview offers 7 days before THE DATE.

What about you guys? Any invitations? Any rejections?
    It's to stop people hyper-preparing before their interview i.e. reading the books they said etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musty129)
    It's to stop people hyper-preparing before their interview i.e. reading the books they said etc

I do get it, but, realistically, am not really sure, whether it actually prevents those over-hyper-turbo preparations ^^

But the thing is that those 'delays' serve as a great stressor, as in my case.
    Sending neither rejection nor invitation is simply unfair. :<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahni)

Its odd they havent contacted you considering the interviews start in a week and you have to travel half way across the world. I suggest you call them up and find out whats going on. My TSA performance was the complete opposite to yours- I majorly screwed up the writing and aced the multi-choice. I'll explain what "1 serious and 6 minors" are over the interview period at C.Church.

ReputationRep:
    Is here anyone else who hasnt heard from Oxford yet? I am applying for Economics and Management (brasenose) it seriously frustruates me.... we should have got our letters already as it is seven days due interviews..

ReputationRep:
    Exactly... I didn't receive my invitations yet, and it's 6 days now...
    they are crazy, how are we supposed to book (in case we get the invitation, of course ) flights in the last 2 days...
    it is not irresponsible because the wait is annoying, but because it is sometimes flatly impossible to get tickets...imagine yourself being rejected from an overbooked plane with your invitation in your pockets...
    frustrating and clumsy..agreed...

ReputationRep:
    Are the tsa results out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sportychick_91)
    Are the tsa results out?

15th Jan is the time.

I'm really tired of waiting even if they have 5 additional days, to send me eventual rejection/ invitation.
    And I'm afraid that with everyday there are not more tickets left

ReputationRep:
    Anybody from this thread got an offer/rejection yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rev_pain)
    Anybody from this thread got an offer/rejection yet?
    Yep PPE at St Catz

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting

Edit: Experimental Psych at a currently unknown college :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.