Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    PPE at Univ...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sirensinging)
    Yep PPE at St Catz
    Hey!
    Just saw your offer post in the other thread...well done!

So you do Maths, Physics and Econ at HL? Y'know the 7,6,6, is it specified or not?

I'm curious because I need 40 points in the IB, with a 7 in HL maths and a 7 in either HL Physics or Econ...I prefer your offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Graphix)
    Hey!
    Just saw your offer post in the other thread...well done!

So you do Maths, Physics and Econ at HL? Y'know the 7,6,6, is it specified or not?

I'm curious because I need 40 points in the IB, with a 7 in HL maths and a 7 in either HL Physics or Econ...I prefer your offer!
    Thanks! And yeah, I got told "a total of 40 points (including core points), with at least 7, 6, 6 out of Higher Level Economics, Physics and Mathematics". Which college was the offer from?

sig

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! And yeah, I got told "a total of 40 points (including core points), with at least 7, 6, 6 out of Higher Level Economics, Physics and Mathematics". Which college was the offer from?
    Yeah...so not specified - that's a great offer!

My offer's from Univ - maybe it's 'cos I've got another Higher so they don't want that I can get away with getting 7,6,6,6, in my highers...? Who knows? I'm just going to enjoy the fact that I've got an offer - and then get working!

ReputationRep:

My offer's from Univ - maybe it's 'cos I've got another Higher so they don't want that I can get away with getting 7,6,6,6, in my highers...? Who knows? I'm just going to enjoy the fact that I've got an offer - and then get working!
    Yeah, I like it Except now I've about 2 weeks to wait for IB results.

Wow, 4 HLs? 3 was bad enough for me. But my school didn't let us do 4 anyway. But yes, it's an offer anyway! Good luck - you'll be great I'm sure, especially since you have a massive incentive.

ReputationRep:
    :eek3: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, PPE at St. John's. Haven't got my offer details yet though, just got an email.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I like it Except now I've about 2 weeks to wait for IB results.

Wow, 4 HLs? 3 was bad enough for me. But my school didn't let us do 4 anyway. But yes, it's an offer anyway! Good luck - you'll be great I'm sure, especially since you have a massive incentive.
    Wait a sec...I'm confused by your timings?

So you've done IB already...? When...?

And thanks a lot - yes, it is a huge motivation to work!

ReputationRep:
    PPE at Balliol!

ReputationRep:
    Wait a sec...I'm confused by your timings?

So you've done IB already...? When...?

And thanks a lot - yes, it is a huge motivation to work!
    I did the November session for exams, since I'm in the southern hemisphere. So, yeah, it's all done. Which means while I can be quite relaxed now, I didn't have so much motivation when I was studying.

ReputationRep:
    So pleased I got my offer. Very nice change from the pre-interview rejection from Cam last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    So pleased I got my offer. Very nice change from the pre-interview rejection from Cam last year

Well done, it must be even more satisfying having lost out once already.

ReputationRep:
    I did the November session for exams, since I'm in the southern hemisphere. So, yeah, it's all done. Which means while I can be quite relaxed now, I didn't have so much motivation when I was studying.
    So...are you free from now until you start at Oxford?!?

ReputationRep:

This girl's predicted 45 in her IB people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heinsmit)
    This girl's predicted 45 in her IB people!
    HEIN!!!

ReputationRep:
    So...are you free from now until you start at Oxford?!?
    Yep, pretty much So essentially, I have a gap year. Unless I fail terribly and have to do resits or something.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, pretty much So essentially, I have a gap year. Unless I fail terribly and have to do resits or something.
    You won't! :p:

Have a nice 'gap year' and (maybe) I'll see you in October!

ReputationRep:
    You won't! :p:

Have a nice 'gap year' and (maybe) I'll see you in October!
    Thanks! Good luck to you too, and hopefully see you next year!

ReputationRep:
    Rejectionnnnnnnnn

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.