Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moreiniho)
    How do people rate those questions against the TSA sample one?

Thanks very much for the link though!
    The format of the Nov 2006 Question Paper 1 is very similar to the format of the real TSA (multiple-choice section). However, some of the problem-solving questions on the real TSA will be significantly harder than the ones on that exam.

ReputationRep:
    Hello!!!
    Could someone please write a post with ALL the TSA practice material etc..or mention textbooks which are ext.helpful?
    Also- how competitive is experimental psychology at Oxford??
    Im predicted 3 A*'s and an A, my gcse grades were 6A*'s and 5A's- but im convinced i wont do very well for the TSA test!!! (the practice test was a nightmare..i got 50% right.. im hoping to practice and revise loads!)
    Do i stand a chance for getting an interview??

ReputationRep:
    Just had to pay £35 in admin fees to sit the TSA at college. FFS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    Just had to pay £35 in admin fees to sit the TSA at college. FFS.
    That seems a little unfair. I guess that means some schools pay for their students.

ReputationRep:
    That seems a little unfair. I guess that means some schools pay for their students.
    Well, when I was a student, it was £5 for everyone that sat it. Now i'm a 'private candidate' they're charging me £35. my old tutor reckons i should get my parents to write a letter of complaint cos charging me £35 just for an admin fee, for something that requires the same amount of 'admin' as a college student, is disgraceful.

ReputationRep:
    Well, when I was a student, it was £5 for everyone that sat it. Now i'm a 'private candidate' they're charging me £35. my old tutor reckons i should get my parents to write a letter of complaint cos charging me £35 just for an admin fee, for something that requires the same amount of 'admin' as a college student, is disgraceful.
    Yeah, it does seem unjust. So, it's Cambridge Assessment who are demanding that fee?

I'm also applying post A-level but through my former school, so now I'm quite thankful that my school's sorting it out.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it does seem unjust. So, it's Cambridge Assessment who are demanding that fee?

I'm also applying post A-level but through my former school, so now I'm quite thankful that my school's sorting it out.
    No, it's my college. The exam is free. That's why it seems so ridiculous. I'm applying through my former college as well but they try to rip everyone off in as many ways as possible.

ReputationRep:
    No, it's my college. The exam is free. That's why it seems so ridiculous. I'm applying through my former college as well but they try to rip everyone off in as many ways as possible.
    Oh, now I see. That's ridiculous then.

The administration is hardly going to be that time-consuming, so the fact that they charge in the first place is somewhat unfair. I would have thought they'd be happy to help students through the admission process. Clearly though, it's absolutely disgraceful that they're making you pay 7 times what they'd normally charge.

Do you know who decided how much you'd have to pay? Headmaster or just some random secretary?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, now I see. That's ridiculous then.

The administration is hardly going to be that time-consuming, so the fact that they charge in the first place is somewhat unfair. I would have thought they'd be happy to help students through the admission process. Clearly though, it's absolutely disgraceful that they're making you pay 7 times what they'd normally charge.

Do you know who decided how much you'd have to pay? Headmaster or just some random secretary?
    exams office. plus the exams officer was incredibly rude to me in the email she sent me. completely unprofessional. just cos i enquired what i was meant to do about registering cos when i spoke to the exams office back in june, they didn't even know what the TSA was. and said i'd have to follow it up with my tutor and the head of economics?? So I was like wtf and did this for ages then she informs me that I need to register by this morning at 10am so I had to suddenly rush into college yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    exams office. plus the exams officer was incredibly rude to me in the email she sent me. completely unprofessional. just cos i enquired what i was meant to do about registering cos when i spoke to the exams office back in june, they didn't even know what the TSA was. and said i'd have to follow it up with my tutor and the head of economics?? So I was like wtf and did this for ages then she informs me that I need to register by this morning at 10am so I had to suddenly rush into college yesterday.
    Yeah it sounds pretty shabby and makes me appreciate my school a lot more! Were you on good terms with your headmaster? I guess it depends on how your school was run but if you were, you could possibly write a letter to your head explaining the situation.

Exams officers are so frustrating. Most of the time they don't know what's happening and are always offering out useless advice and directing you to completely irrelevant places. For all you know, she could have just pocketed your money.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it sounds pretty shabby and makes me appreciate my school a lot more! Were you on good terms with your headmaster? I guess it depends on how your school was run but if you were, you could possibly write a letter to your head explaining the situation.

Exams officers are so frustrating. Most of the time they don't know what's happening and are always offering out useless advice and directing you to completely irrelevant places. For all you know, she could have just pocketed your money.
    lol yeah, i never got in trouble at college even though fair, my maths teacher hated me. but i was one of the top academically. didn't know the headmaster personally but the exams officer is a bit of a ****.

ReputationRep:
    lol yeah, i never got in trouble at college even though fair, my maths teacher hated me. but i was one of the top academically. didn't know the headmaster personally but the exams officer is a bit of a ****.
    Good luck with it!

ReputationRep:
    I registered! yay

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I have been trying to find someone who can teach me more about the TSA as there are literally no real past papers out there! I came across a company on Google called Sucedo.

www.sucedo.com

They claim to have a tutor working for them who scored 100% in last years TSA Oxford multiple choice section..do you think that's true? Has anyone used them before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jnm008)
    Guys, I have been trying to find someone who can teach me more about the TSA as there are literally no real past papers out there! I came across a company on Google called Sucedo.

www.sucedo.com

They claim to have a tutor working for them who scored 100% in last years TSA Oxford multiple choice section..do you think that's true? Has anyone used them before?
    They're charging $1500 for that, which is ludicrously insane. That is ridic.

ReputationRep:
    Thinking skills is not exactly something which can be 'taught'

ReputationRep:
    What sort of scores do people get in this? I tried the Specimen Section One here and got 86% with 20 minutes to spare... I dunno if that's any good or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagikMonkey)
    What sort of scores do people get in this? I tried the Specimen Section One here and got 86% with 20 minutes to spare... I dunno if that's any good or not.
    That's awful - you don't stand a chance. Better start scraping that $1500 together ASAP :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagikMonkey)
    lol srs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izinku)
    lol srs?
    Yeah... srs. Why?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.