Critical Thinking: 75
    Overall: 78.8

quite pleased!

(Original post by Ilyusha)
    Problem Solving: 82.7
    Critical Thinking: 75
    Overall: 78.8

quite pleased!
    wow you are amazing and according to the sheet only 1.2 from exceptional lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trollman)
    wow you are amazing and according to the sheet only 1.2 from exceptional lol
    ah how will i cope with the disappointment... may as well give up now :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Problem solving 66.3, Critical thinking 65.6, Overall 65.9. Pretty good I think, rejected post interview though.

Anyone else wanted feedback on their essay? Quite disappointed not to have got that!

ReputationRep:
    Problem Solving: 52.2 :o:
    Critical Thinking: 65.6
    Overall: 58.9

I can see why I didn't get an interview now.. :p:
    Some sick ******* got 90+ on the problem solving and ~87 overall...

Edit: [email protected]! - I didn't think people that got scores like that existed. I always thought they were some kind of machine.. (Although there's no proof you're not....:holmes:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kneechuh)
    Problem Solving: 52.2 :o:
    Critical Thinking: 65.6
    Overall: 58.9

I can see why I didn't get an interview now.. :p:
    Some sick ******* got 90+ on the problem solving, and ~87 overall...
    They didn't necessarily get 87 overall, they could have mucked up the critical thinking majorly.

i get the impression most people did significantly better in one than the other (from looking at the graphs... you could get two scores of top 2% yet end up in th overall top <0.5%)

ReputationRep:
    They didn't necessarily get 87 overall, they could have mucked up the critical thinking majorly.

i get the impression most people did significantly better in one than the other (from looking at the graphs... you could get two scores of top 2% yet end up in th overall top <0.5%)
    Yeah I worded that wrong; I didn't mean to imply that it was the same person.

Also, does anyone think that 60 was the cut-off point for interviews?

well it says that "typical aplicants to the most highly selective undergrad... (academically very able) will score around 60 and a girl at my college got an offer for ppe with 61, so i assume it was 60 sorry kneechuh i thought u were like amazing at maths aswell!

ReputationRep:
    well i got 60.5 and i ddnt get an interview so it probably was 61

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trollman)
    well it says that "typical aplicants to the most highly selective undergrad... (academically very able) will score around 60 and a girl at my college got an offer for ppe with 61, so i assume it was 60 sorry kneechuh i thought u were like amazing at maths aswell!
    Yeah, I was pretty happy with my problem-solving abilities before the test. Must've messed up quite a bit :cool: . I'm probably gonna end up reapplying next year (hopefully with solid A levels), seeing as UCAS isn't going too well :p:

You really can't object to something like the TSA scores; if someone scores higher than you, they're better, and have more of a chance to get a place :yep: - congratz on your very respectable average!

Also, if anyone's interested, for E&M at Keble college, the median score of those invited for interview was 66 (source)

ReputationRep:
    I got: 77.9 on problem solving, 79.9 on critical thinking and 78.8 overall. I got 100% on the 2008 one, but I didn't finish this one by miles. I had about 6 questions left at the end which I hadn't even read so just filled in boxes completely at random.

I was mildly disappointed, fairly neutral, about that but I looked at that pdf and it looks pretty high on the graph. Weird.

"Results in official examinations, especially GCSE, which are not at the highest level – candidates should have virtually spotless GCSE results to secure an interview." lol oxford are sounding a bit like LSE these days...

(Original post by kneechuh)
    Yeah, I was pretty happy with my problem-solving abilities before the test. Must've messed up quite a bit . I'm probably gonna end up reapplying next year (hopefully with solid A levels), seeing as UCAS isn't going too well

You really can't object to something like the TSA scores; if someone scores higher than you, they're better, and have more of a chance to get a place - congratz on your very respectable average!
    well a test is a test, it all depends on how it goes on the day! yh i may have to do that as its not looking too promising for LSE/York/Warwick without even AS maths :/

thank you, but for the purpose of the test i will count mine as slightly above average by going by the graphs lol

ReputationRep:
    71.3 PS,
    68.3 CT,
    and 69.8 overall

I have no idea how that means I did. I guess I did okay. *shrugs*

ReputationRep:

Thats true my results:

Problem solving: 82.7
    Critical Thinking: 57
    Overall: 67.2

Reflects my interviews as well: Eco = amazing, Politics and Philosophy = gash.

ReputationRep:
    Problem Solving 56.1
    Critical Thinking 65.6
    Overall 60.5

oh well at least i'm .5 above average =P

ReputationRep:
    Wow, just about everyone is above average at something at least Plus, of course, there were the essays.

Stupid me, lost my login details, and trying to get my school to send the info to me. Does anyone know how long results are up for/when the latest registering date is? Not going to get anything until the 19th earliest, as school's finished.

ReputationRep:
    Is this was why I was rejected pre-interview?

Problem Solving 64
    Critical Thinking 61
    Overall 62.6

They're not terrible results, though I should have done better. Wish I knew what the cut-off point was, I'm thinking about reapplying next year...

ReputationRep:
    Thinking Skills Assessment
    Problem Solving

Critical Thinking

Overall

eek.. yeah I was expecting better... Oh well

ReputationRep:
    Problem Solving 77.9
    Critical Thinking 75
    Overall 76.6

Pretty good! When I look at the graph that more or less puts me in the top one or two percent, ridiculous.

As far as I know there's no absolute cut-off point (or maybe 50 or something else really low), but they take it into account heavily for interview invitations, but also look at other stuff.

ReputationRep:
    There is no cut-off score for the TSA. Applicants are ranked pre-interview according to grades, TSA mark, reference and personal statement, and ones below a certain rank are rejected.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.