ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitledscientist)
    There were nearly 1700 applicants for PPE this year
    How do you know?

ReputationRep:
    There were nearly 1700 applicants for PPE this year
    And how many got an offer?
    Geez. Everyday I'm having more trouble believing I got in... I thought I'd get used to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilyusha)
    How do you know?
    I have my sources :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elieshout)
    And how many got an offer?
    Geez. Everyday I'm having more trouble believing I got in... I thought I'd get used to it.
    About 240 (according to the website), plus maybe an extra 10% because some people might reject/not meet their offers. So... 15% got offers, though there's a pretty big margin of error there.
    I can't believe it either. Still think it might be some administration mistake, despite having called them up.

ReputationRep:
    k, not that anyone cares now, but I just had to do this, now that I finally got my login details:
    Problem Solving - 90.4
    Critical Thinking - 71.3
    Overall - 78.8

Which possibly explains why I'm in despite rather... not so good interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sirensinging)
    k, not that anyone cares now, but I just had to do this, now that I finally got my login details:
    Problem Solving - 90.4
    Critical Thinking - 71.3
    Overall - 78.8

Damn good job. But that's a HUGE discrepancy between Problem Solving and Critical Thinking, what happened? Haha.

ReputationRep:
    Problem Solving - 90.4
    Critical Thinking - 71.3
    Overall - 78.8

You're the 3rd person on tsr to have an overall score of 78.8!

I reckon you did the best of everyone on problem solving.... the line in 90+ is so so thin i reckon it's 1 person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pokerplayer1191)
    Damn good job. But that's a HUGE discrepancy between Problem Solving and Critical Thinking, what happened? Haha.
    Maybe a lifetime of logic/maths puzzles verses several hours of cramming the Thinking Skills book? Or just... something. :dontknow: It is a terribly big discrepancy though, isn't it?

You're the 3rd person on tsr to have an overall score of 78.8!

I reckon you did the best of everyone on problem solving.... the line in 90+ is so so thin i reckon it's 1 person.
    Yay, go us!

But I doubt I'm the only person. Surely there's a few others? Is the line really that thin? (but of course, it would please me to no end if I were the only one)

(Original post by Kneechuh)
    Some sick ******* got 90+ on the problem solving and ~87 overall...
    I'm... not a sick *******? :unsure: But yeah, overall score wasn't as impressive.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe a lifetime of logic/maths puzzles verses several hours of cramming the Thinking Skills book? Or just... something. :dontknow: It is a terribly big discrepancy though, isn't it?

Yay, go us!

But I doubt I'm the only person. Surely there's a few others? Is the line really that thin? (but of course, it would please me to no end if I were the only one)

I'm... not a sick *******? :unsure: But yeah, overall score wasn't as impressive.
    I assume you got accepted to Oxford/Cambridge? If so, where and for what?

ReputationRep:
    I assume you got accepted to Oxford/Cambridge? If so, where and for what?
    Lazy

a little look through her post history and i've found out that she has got a ppe offer from st catz, oxford...

tut tut :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I have my sources :ninja:
    Who are these sources, or is it just an educated guess?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think much of my TSA results at the time but it's really interesting looking through these actually. Especially the theory people have developed about the trade off between TSA and GCSEs, I have my doubts though. I guess it's a difficult process to narrow down.

I got PS 64, and CT 62, so 63 overall, and pre-interview rejection for E&M. How much influence do you guys reckon college choice has? I can see that as my downfall seeming as I applied to Christchurch which only took 6 people to interview this year.

EDIT: Alongside mediocre TSA haha.

ReputationRep:
    Lazy

a little look through her post history and i've found out that she has got a ppe offer from st catz, oxford...

tut tut :rolleyes:
    :shifty: I didn't feel like creeping. I had actual coursework to do, which I was avoiding by lurking around here. Hahah.

ReputationRep:
    :shifty: I didn't feel like creeping. I had actual coursework to do, which I was avoiding by lurking around here. Hahah.
    Heh, TSR, stalking made easy. Good luck with coursework! SO glad that's over until October. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Heh, TSR, stalking made easy. Good luck with coursework! SO glad that's over until October. :p:
    Well see, the terrible part is (since I'm in school in the US), that none of my coursework matters at all for me getting into Oxford. I just have to do it since I have to continue to go to school.

ReputationRep:
    Well see, the terrible part is (since I'm in school in the US), that none of my coursework matters at all for me getting into Oxford. I just have to do it since I have to continue to go to school.
    Ah, this is the US thing where you've done your exams and gotten accepted, and you only have to keep up your GPAs or something, right? The US system kind of confuses me...

ReputationRep:
    Ah, this is the US thing where you've done your exams and gotten accepted, and you only have to keep up your GPAs or something, right? The US system kind of confuses me...
    Nope. I never sent Oxford my secondary school transcript, they don't give a toss about it.

They want to see it now but it didn't factor into my acceptance at all.

For regular US schools, your exam scores -excepting the SAT (ours not yours)- don't matter. And for them, yes, you do have to keep your GPA up.

Basically or tl;dr - The US system is dumb.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I never sent Oxford my secondary school transcript, they don't give a toss about it.

They want to see it now but it didn't factor into my acceptance at all.

For regular US schools, your exam scores -excepting the SAT (ours not yours)- don't matter. And for them, yes, you do have to keep your GPA up.

Basically or tl;dr - The US system is dumb.
    Ah, but your SAT scores were kind of AMAZING.

And yeah, I guess that's why I gave up applying there for undergrad. Too complicated.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, but your SAT scores were kind of AMAZING.

And yeah, I guess that's why I gave up applying there for undergrad. Too complicated.
    But see, that's not really that important. They care more about extracurriculars and outside activities because so many people have good scores.

The Ivy League schools in the US don't select on any kind of rational basis or logical basis. Completely different - and more silly - than UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I got an e-mail from Cambridge Assessment yesterday saying that after 16 March we will not be able to access TSA results/download Statement of Results. 'Cleverly' I didn't download it before and now when I try log onto the site, it says that there is an internal site error..is anyone else having the same problem??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.