Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *shooting*star*)
    Hi! I got an e-mail from Cambridge Assessment yesterday saying that after 16 March we will not be able to access TSA results/download Statement of Results. 'Cleverly' I didn't download it before and now when I try log onto the site, it says that there is an internal site error..is anyone else having the same problem??
    I think this may have been the problem a few of us when we were typing in the wrong things into certain fields...check carefully that what you're typing in is where it's meant to be...I was getting mixed up between things such as my 'candidate no,' my 'pin' and my 'password...' or something along those lines...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Graphix)
    I think this may have been the problem a few of us when we were typing in the wrong things into certain fields...check carefully that what you're typing in is where it's meant to be...I was getting mixed up between things such as my 'candidate no,' my 'pin' and my 'password...' or something along those lines...
    Just managed to log in! I think you're right; I was probably entering the wrong thing into one of the fields..thanks ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izinku)
    where did Southampton come from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winter_fairy)
    Let's make a Bulgarian group, shall we? :p:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1341810
    Please post here to help establish a Bulgarian Society on TSR

ReputationRep:
    What do people tend to get in the online specimen compared with their actual weighted score in the real thing? Is the gap very wide at all? I'm wondering whether a 46/50 will change much, because I find it hard to believe that if, as according to the Cambridge Assessment website, 70% or more puts you roughly in the top 10% of Cambridge applicants, I could have got something around 90% without practice and with a comparatively low IQ in any IQ test I've done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rupertj)
    What do people tend to get in the online specimen compared with their actual weighted score in the real thing? Is the gap very wide at all? I'm wondering whether a 46/50 will change much, because I find it hard to believe that if, as according to the Cambridge Assessment website, 70% or more puts you roughly in the top 10% of Cambridge applicants, I could have got something around 90% without practice and with a comparatively low IQ in any IQ test I've done.
    It's completely different, they scale using the Rasch model (look it up), which changes scores massively (and results in a nicely shaped bell curve).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rupertj)
    I took a practice test and got 48/50 in half the available time, but then I had to go and study at Brookes instead

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that the scores do matter, but they are only an indication of a peron's ability and may persuade a tutor to appoint an interview. I just did a mock test and I got 24/ 50... what is an average/ good score that will make it more possible to get an interview or at least the interest of a tutor? I'd like to apply for Experimental Psychology.
    Thanks for all the help in advance =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dominika M)
    I've heard that the scores do matter, but they are only an indication of a peron's ability and may persuade a tutor to appoint an interview. I just did a mock test and I got 24/ 50... what is an average/ good score that will make it more possible to get an interview or at least the interest of a tutor? I'd like to apply for Experimental Psychology.
    Thanks for all the help in advance =]
    Sorry to be blunt, but that's bad score. Most people get somewhere around 40/50 on their first try. At some colleges they simply deselect the lowest so many percent of TSA score people, so you really should start practicing a lot to make sure your performance on the real thing is better.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, wow that shocked me quite a bit :/ I guess I'm gonna have to start practising and managing my time even better.

I thought the TSA was a fun test tbh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.