Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please explain pasta and tuna / fish. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Tuna pasta bake is the most disgusting thing i have ever tasted, bar literally none.

ReputationRep:
    mmm sounds to me few/none of you have ever eaten proper pasta with tuna :P

ReputationRep:
    I make a tomatoey sauce and then add in a tin of tuna... Om nom nom

ReputationRep:
    fishy = delishy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malak7)
    mmm sounds to me few/none of you have ever eaten proper pasta with tuna :P
    Enlighten us then. What is, [in your opinion], proper pasta with tuna?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George Agdgdgwngo)
    Enlighten us then. What is, [in your opinion], proper pasta with tuna?
    Well there are a lot of good recipes if you look for them. I said that because I've never had the chance to eat really good pasta in the Uk.
    Good recipes for pasta with tuna involve fresh tomato, tuna (of course), onions (browned) and maybe parsley. It mostly depends on how you do it, the recipes are quite simple but I even the worst restaurants here in Italy offer good pasta compared to more expensive ones in the Uk.
    Anyway if you like it you should come down here and try for yourself
    In 2 months I'll have to become a great cook because I'll be moving to London and I will never eat mum's pasta again:p:

ps: sweetcorn/mayo on it = :no:

ReputationRep:
    Big bowl, add tuna with some mayo, mix it up, add pasta, some sweetcorn, another mix.

And there you have it; sex in a bowl.

ReputationRep:
    Well there are a lot of good recipes if you look for them. I said that because I've never had the chance to eat really good pasta in the Uk.
    Good recipes for pasta with tuna involve fresh tomato, tuna (of course), onions (browned) and maybe parsley. It mostly depends on how you do it, the recipes are quite simple but I even the worst restaurants here in Italy offer good pasta compared to more expensive ones in the Uk.
    Anyway if you like it you should come down here and try for yourself
    In 2 months I'll have to become a great cook because I'll be moving to London and I will never eat mum's pasta again:p:

ps: sweetcorn/mayo on it = :no:
    If people like the taste of it then why not? You sound like a complete food snob tbh.

ReputationRep:
    given all the cat pictures

sammy says tunas pleaz , thankyou , hold the pasta !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yesioo)
    if you don't like fish then i wouldn't put tuna in it . although if you do it with a simple cheese rue sauce and sweetcorn and then put in the oven it is rather scrummy
    lol. You mean a roux sauce then, do you?

Tuna + tomato + sweetcorn + pasta = WIN. No mayo though. Blegh.

ReputationRep:
    lol. You mean a roux sauce then, do you?

Tuna + tomato + sweetcorn + pasta = WIN. No mayo though. Blegh.
    aha indeed i do

salad cream

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by preciousillusions)
    If people like the taste of it then why not? You sound like a complete food snob tbh.
    I may sound like it but I'm not, it's just that it seems pasta is much different down here. Never seen things like sweetcorn or mayo on a pasta in my whole life, in Italy. If you ever go to Italy try ordering pasta with tuna and let me know what you think about it.
    Who cares anyway, if you like that then good for you... I was just posting my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I may sound like it but I'm not, it's just that it seems pasta is much different down here. Never seen things like sweetcorn or mayo on a pasta in my whole life, in Italy. If you ever go to Italy try ordering pasta with tuna and let me know what you think about it.
    Who cares anyway, if you like that then good for you... I was just posting my opinion.
    Eh fair enough, sorry. Yeah Italy obv does proper pasta, whereas the tuna/mayo/sweetcorn thing i'd say is more a student staple . What sort of pasta sauce would you use with tuna over there then? (btw Italy is top of the list of places i want to visit.)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.