Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When should I be applying for Oxbridge? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I haven't even started sixth form yet, but I am making sure I don't apply to late. I will be applying to Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, UCL, and Bristol. When exactly should I be applying to be sure of a place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by histon)
    I haven't even started sixth form yet, but I am making sure I don't apply to late. I will be applying to Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, UCL, and Bristol. When exactly should I be applying to be sure of a place?
    bold question, you get it? haha

ucas, apply by 15 october after AS results ie start of year 13

ReputationRep:
    You simply cannot apply for both Oxford and Cambridge. The application for Oxbridge closes at an earlier date compared to other Universities but not by that much! You are expected to apply during September with the closing date being 15th October .

ReputationRep:
    Lolz seriously
    chill out and do your AS levels first.

also,
    those options=way too risky imo. and you can't apply to both oxford and cam? you need to do some serious research...
    where are your back up options?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by There will be Particles)
    You simply cannot apply for both Oxford and Cambridge.
    And why can you not?

ReputationRep:
    What, you mean you didn't apply in Year 7? You have no chance of getting in now... :rolleyes:

Seriously though, if you haven't even started sixth form yet, you can wait at least another year before you need to worry about this question...

ReputationRep:
    And why can you not?
    because god will punish you.

i don't know, so ox and cam don't have to compete with each other i guess.

plus the fact it's so competitive, few people would have the balls and brains to apply to both anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob9001)
    Lolz seriously
    chill out and do your AS levels first.

also,
    those options=way too risky imo. and you can't apply to both oxford and cam? you need to do some serious research...
    where are your back up options?
    lol backup = Bristol
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Submit your UCAS form in September. Can't apply to both Ox and Cam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronaldo91)
    because god will punish you.

i don't know, so ox and cam don't have to compete with each other i guess.

plus the fact it's so competitive, few people would have the balls and brains to apply to both anyway!
    But it is possible? I've spoken only to my connexions advisor about the matter, and he wasn't aware of it, if it is the case.

ReputationRep:
    And why can you not?
    because if you were upto standard they would probably both offer you a place
    there are also various other reasons

ReputationRep:
    And why can you not?
    Primarily because UCAS forbids it! I would also like to remind you of the competitive streak between Oxford and Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    okay
    1) you can't apply to both oxford and cambridge, so choose one
    2) you apply in the autumn term of year 13, after your AS results, through the UCAS system, along with everybody else - the only extra deadline is that you have to submit your form by the 15th of October in that year - you're sixth form will talk you through this
    3) you can never apply at a time which will make you sure of a place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by learner_dancer)
    Submit your UCAS form in September. Can't apply to both Ox and Cam.
    September Yr12 or Yr13?

ReputationRep:
    But it is possible? I've spoken only to my connexions advisor about the matter, and he wasn't aware of it, if it is the case.
    It isn't possible
    UCAS doesn't allow applications to go to both Oxford and Cambridge
    sorry!

ReputationRep:
    Well, to be 100% sure of a place, it is advised you apply September 31st at one minute past noon in any given year. Obviously grades are secondary to your timing here.

:rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    September Yr11 or Yr12? I have been told that I should be applying quite early, especially for Oxbridge.
    You can only do it in year 13!

ReputationRep:
    You can't apply to both Ox and Cam, and you won't have to apply at all until October of NEXT year.

ReputationRep:
    September Yr11 or Yr12? I have been told that I should be applying quite early, especially for Oxbridge.
    September Year 13
    Seriously
    chill!

You can't apply earlier than anyone else just because it's Oxbridge! Try to focus on getting top As in your ASs then worry about uni!

ReputationRep:
    If you're applying for 2011 then you'll apply next year, before October 15th 2010, once you've received your AS Results.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.