Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who Is Reading Half Blood Prince Right Now?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    lol i bet about 50 people are :p:

ReputationRep:
    me

Once is more than enough for me.

ReputationRep:
    ive just finished reading the whole series again cant wait until the film going to see it on saturday

ReputationRep:
    I've got the audiobook, so not technically reading per se. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not. I want it all to be vague for the movie. 'Tis all good.

ReputationRep:
    I've always found it best not to reread the books just before the films come out - that way I don't ruin it by thinking "omg they missed that really tiny bit out!!!" and I can enjoy it for just a movie.

That said, I still haven't made plans to see half blood prince, so maybe I'm not the HP fan I was... :sad:

ReputationRep:
    The cool people read it when it came out not because it's so close to the film.

P.S: If you read it when it came out and are re-reading it, then this excludes you.

ReputationRep:
    I read it a few weeks back

ReputationRep:
    I finished it last week =] But I was re-reading the series anyway, it wasn't particularly for the film =/

ReputationRep:
    Same amii
    And because the film will miss a chunk like usual i don't want to know what i missed :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaara.)
    Same amii
    And because the film will miss a chunk like usual i don't want to know what i missed
    I'm reading it but 1st I need to disect which Bijuu corressponds to it's Jinchuuriki

ReputationRep:
    I'm not at the moment however I might start if if this period of sheer boredom continues.

ReputationRep:
    I'm re-reading it for two reasons - I saw the trailer and had completely forgotten about the 'Ron love potion bit' which made me want to read it again...and also I'm too lazy to order and read the 1000+ page copy of 'The Tale of Genji' that I'm meant to be studying over the summer for my second year literature module xD

Harry Potter seemed a safer option.

ReputationRep:
    Well hurry the hell up AS
    And i finished 1-5 but have stopped for now till wednesday, because i really want to read hallows again
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I've been working my way through the series on audiobook for a while now, and I happen to be at the end of HBP now. Tis quite convenient, I suppose.

(Woo, productive gap years!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaara.)
    lol i bet about 50 people are :p:
    Stop reading Half Blood Prince everyone! You'll ruin the films for yourselves, because lets face it. Books > Films. I haven't read it since like last year, to make sure it's as out of my head as possible.

That way i won't be dissappointed when they've missed out all the good bits, because I won't remember what they are. I'll enjoy the film properly that way

Finished it again last week

And finished The Deathly Hallows again today!!

ReputationRep:
    not me, I'm too busy posting on TSR to read it!

ReputationRep:
    **** no, it's for kids. Buying it with an 'adult' sleeve doesn't change the fact it was created for 8-15 year olds.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.