Turn on thread page Beta

Who Is Reading Half Blood Prince Right Now?? watch

ReputationRep:
    Probably not the right place to put this, but HBP had one of the scariest (and therefore best!) chapter's called 'The Cave'. Does anyone remember that? That had me. First time I read it was at night, and the nightmares I had...

I'm a saddo and have read the book 3-4 times already:sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    I just finished... Dumbleeeedoreeee :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajp100688)
    **** no, it's for kids. Buying it with an 'adult' sleeve doesn't change the fact it was created for 8-15 year olds.
    When I started reading the series I was 8, so then I merely carried on reading it until the series ended, which happened to be when I was 16. Why should any book be for just children or just adults anyway

And I re-read it last week because I'd forgotten loaads of stuff in it, but now I wanna read the 7th one again!

ReputationRep:
    I am not .
    I got sick of the whole series.
    They're all the same .

ReputationRep:
    i would have read it if i had the book

ReputationRep:
    Im seeing the film on friday morning, so i dont see the point.
    But i was planning to re-read it.

Thing is, i tend to get annoyed at the films for how much they leave out, so i dont wana refresh my memory...

ReputationRep:
    I was but I finished it yesterday!

Now I'm reading the deathly hallows :yep:

ReputationRep:
    you sad, sad, sad people - read something from a real author like Dickens!!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    A gun to my head couldn't make me read HBP again.

Am I the only one who thought it was crap?

That series went down hill after the 5th. The 6th and 7th were horrible. :sad:

(Prisoner of Azkaban ftw, clearly. In fact, I might just go and read that one right now... :ninjagirl:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thetopnotch)
    I'm a saddo and have read the book 3-4 times already:sadnod:
    Jeez you think you're a saddo? :no:
    I've read them all so many times, I lost count. It's definitely >25. Maybe not with Deathly Hallows, but that's getting close.

Yeah I know, I need a life. :sadnod:

And Dumbledore :sad:

But that's nothing compared to the events of Deathly Hallows :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    i had never read a real long story in my life until i watched all 5 harry potter films and saw the trailer for the sixth film. that day, i started reading half blood prince and finished it in less than 24 hours!

but ive been advised not to read it again as the movie is too brief

ReputationRep:
    I actually audiobooked this one, I really couldn't be bothered to read it and the last book was about to be released. So I downloaded the torrent and just listened to it. I read the last one. =)

(Original post by weirdwakkidolli)
    Jeez you think you're a saddo? :no:
    I've read them all so many times, I lost count. It's definitely >25. Maybe not with Deathly Hallows, but that's getting close.

Yeah I know, I need a life. :sadnod:

And Dumbledore :sad:

But that's nothing compared to the events of Deathly Hallows :bawling:
    :shock: you've read each one more than 25 times:eek3: that's a lot, I think I'd get bored reading it that many times. I might read it again before i watch the film but I don't want to get my hopes up only to find that they haven't put in a lot of scenes from the book into the movie :sad:

ReputationRep:
    reading >>>>>> audiobooks

ReputationRep:
    Can you read it without reading the previous books? My sister has them all at home, but I don't know fancy picking this up before the movie ? ... Can I read it as a standalone?

ReputationRep:
    ive got the last two in my room, funnily enough I was reading HBP before probably before everyone on TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GGecko)
    Can you read it without reading the previous books? My sister has them all at home, but I don't know fancy picking this up before the movie ? ... Can I read it as a standalone?
    its gonna be nigh on impossible to understand, your one of the few people who havent read them that ive ever seen

ReputationRep:
    I read it, re-read it, worked on the film so read it again in the week before I started, and am re-reading it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    its gonna be nigh on impossible to understand, your one of the few people who havent read them that ive ever seen
    I've always tended to pick up non-fiction books lol, what a g33k. :rolleyes:

But I do have Stephen King's 'The green mile' at the moment, might have to pick these Potter books up soon, is the first one any good? It seemed a little slow, when I read like the first 5-10 pages once about 3 years ago... :cool:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.