Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Not seeing much Green Day love, so I thought I'd make a thread about their new single. Personally, I've been playing it practically non-stop for a few days now; such a great tune and the video is amazing. I pretty much see this as their first single off their new album.

So, what do guys think. I'll post a link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxsPVy7jbXA

Edit: Wrong link, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really a huge Green Day fan, but i love this song

ReputationRep:
    What's with the Lost link?

ReputationRep:
    Green Day<3 + love this song.

ReputationRep:
    yep, i think this song is brilliant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crushy)
    What's with the Lost link?
    lol, so sorry! 'Tis what I was watching. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE this song. Actually I love the whole album and every other of their albums. Guess I'm just a little obsessive!
    But, yes, 21 Guns! Definitely amazing =D

ReputationRep:
    Also, I love how they make the actors in the video look like the album cover. The pyrotechnics are brilliant too. Have you seen the 'making of 21 Guns' video on youtube? Tre's hilarious as always.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FoxboroHotTubs:))
    Also, I love how they make the actors in the video look like the album cover. The pyrotechnics are brilliant too. Have you seen the 'making of 21 Guns' video on youtube? Tre's hilarious as always.
    Wow, you sound like a huge fan. Good on you! I didn't notice the two actors, no. That's actually very smart and very cool. And I shall check out that video, thanks.

Excellent, so the general consensus so far is positive. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Love Green Day, and this song's great, but I find the chorus gringe-worthy. The random high pitched parts would sound much better if he was a girl, but he really isn't :p:

ReputationRep:
    nothing on the old green day. I loved american idiot when it came out and was getting into rock then forgot about greenday as i got into metal, then got into punka few months ago and come bakc to greenday i just lvoe the american pieish atmosphere to stuff before american idiot

ReputationRep:
    I love Green Day and I like this song but I want them to release Life before the Lobotomy or Viva la Gloria, they're better imo :yep:

ReputationRep:
    "Do you know what's worth fighting for?
    When it's not worth dying for?
    Does it take your breath away
    And you feel yourself suffocating?
    Does the pain weigh out the pride?
    And you look for a place to hide?
    Did someone break your heart inside?
    You're in ruins"

The lyrics to this song sound like they were written by a 13 year old. I honestly feel embarassed for the band when I hear this song.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    Not seeing much Green Day love, so I thought I'd make a thread about their new single. Personally, I've been playing it practically non-stop for a few days now; such a great tune and the video is amazing. I pretty much see this as their first single off their new album.

So, what do guys think. I'll post a link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxsPVy7jbXA

Edit: Wrong link, sorry.
    That's probably because they suck.

ReputationRep:
    Song is okay. Vid reminded me of the end of Fight Club. :p:

ReputationRep:
    LOVE this song!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A is for Awesome)
    "Do you know what's worth fighting for?
    When it's not worth dying for?
    Does it take your breath away
    And you feel yourself suffocating?
    Does the pain weigh out the pride?
    And you look for a place to hide?
    Did someone break your heart inside?
    You're in ruins"

The lyrics to this song sound like they were written by a 13 year old. I honestly feel embarassed for the band when I hear this song.
    In what way do these lyrics seem like they were written by a 13 year old?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    Wow, you sound like a huge fan. Good on you! I didn't notice the two actors, no. That's actually very smart and very cool. And I shall check out that video, thanks.

Excellent, so the general consensus so far is positive. :cool:
    Haha I am slightly obsessive when it comes to Green Day. But in a good way :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FoxboroHotTubs:))
    In what way do these lyrics seem like they were written by a 13 year old?
    1. The lyrics sound like they're trying too hard to be profound and deep
    2. The rhymes are REALLY bad (own home stone. die try died. Control toll soul.)
    3. The rhyme structure is inconsistant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)
    1. The lyrics sound like they're trying too hard to be profound and deep
    2. The rhymes are REALLY bad (own home stone. die try died. Control toll soul.)
    3. The rhyme structure is inconsistant.
    1. I really don't see that they are trying too hard to be deep and profound. They make sense and it's quite easy to understand what the song is about.

2. None of the rhymes feel forced or seem out of place. I think that the lyrics flow really well and that everything is coherent.

3. Does the rhyme structure have to be completely consistent? They are song lyrics not some highfaluting poem.

I really don't see any of the lyrics as being an embarrassment to the band.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.