Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well im going through the doubt/realisation state!

I have concluded that i will miss AAA by a total of 6 marks across the 3 subjects, and get BBB.

So i have decided which exams to retake, and prepared my exam timetable.

I will still re-take even if i get AAB, so i though id be prepared.

Worst Case Scenario ill be doing these in Jan 2010:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    Well im going through the doubt/realisation state!

I have concluded that i will miss AAA by a total of 6 marks across the 3 subjects, and get BBB.

So i have decided which exams to retake, and prepared my exam timetable.

I will still re-take even if i get AAB, so i though id be prepared.

Worst Case Scenario ill be doing these in Jan 2010:

Do you know which schools will accept you?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Baki)
    Do you know which schools will accept you?
    As a Retaker.

PMS
    BSMS

At BBB and Retaker

ReputationRep:
    You don't know your grades yet. Why would you retake with AAB? Surely the advantage of AAA is less than the disadvantage of 3 years to complete A2

ReputationRep:
    why are you telling us this, it's not even a question. But you are obviously panicking because you are thinking too much about it, you have probably done better than you are thinking. Relax, and find something to do rather than just thinking about what can't be changed. And besides you can't act on these plans until you know your results for sure. Just relax..
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by lekky)
    You don't know your grades yet. Why would you retake with AAB? Surely the advantage of AAA is less than the disadvantage of 3 years to complete A2
    Id apply with AAB certificated, but retake to get AAA for myself!

So it wont affect the unis as my AAB will be certified in 2 years.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by wootwootwoot)
    why are you telling us this, it's not even a question. But you are obviously panicking because you are thinking too much about it, you have probably done better than you are thinking. Relax, and find something to do rather than just thinking about what can't be changed. And besides you can't act on these plans until you know your results for sure. Just relax..

I know, i am relaxing and i know i cant change it, but shock on results day does no good either.

Also im having lots of fun and im going on holiday in 5 days!

ReputationRep:
    Have you actually got your results yet?

If not, relax and stop panicking. Deal with it when it comes. What's the point of causing yourself an extra 5 weeks of anguish for something that might not even happen?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Have you actually got your results yet?

If not, relax and stop panicking. Deal with it when it comes. What's the point of causing yourself an extra 5 weeks of anguish for something that might not even happen?

Its not five weeks its just today!

The rest of the time ill just forget about it, just like iv not been thinking about it for the last 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    Id apply with AAB certificated, but retake to get AAA for myself!

So it wont affect the unis as my AAB will be certified in 2 years.
    Don't you have to put "grades pending" on UCAS if you're resiting any modules?

I think you're slightly insane but I have to admit I would be tempted to do something similar myself. You're just as sane as I am :eek3:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by lekky)
    Don't you have to put "grades pending" on UCAS if you're resiting any modules?

I think you're slightly insane but I have to admit I would be tempted to do something similar myself. You're just as sane as I am :eek3:

Nope, as i already will have them cashed in.

ReputationRep:
    Ehhh, i think Leeds medical school accepts with retakes too, I know of someone, just thought I'd tell you Though I'm sure you did fine, so stop panicking, and enjoy the summer!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2009
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.