Turn on thread page Beta

Does this seem like too much luggage? watch

ReputationRep:
    I am away for 6 days, on a field trip. I have a suitcase which is weighing around 12kg and a large rucksack which is pretty full too, around 5kg.

ReputationRep:
    As a bloke, depending on what the trip is for, I would pack the following for a 6 dayer:

6 sets of undies + socks

Washkit

3 x tops (shirts/ tshirts)

2 or 3 x trousers.

A jumper

1 or 2 pairs of shoes.

All goes in a large-ish rucksack.

EDIT: Of course iPod and things would just slot into the pockets of the rucksack.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by SHABANA)
    I am away for 6 days, on a field trip. I have a suitcase which is weighing around 12kg and a large rucksack which is pretty full too, around 5kg.
    No- 12kg isn't too much for a week. you'll probably need to change clothes quite often on a field trip- so it sounds reasonable.
    Have fun!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your replies!

ReputationRep:
    Again, as a bloke, I'm in France atm and by the time I go home it'll be ten days that I've been here. For those ten days I had a 9kg bag which included my Macbook and DSLR with a 200mm lens. Sixteen kg sounds like a hell of a lot to me, but there you go.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have thought that's fine. I easily fill 20kg when I go for two weeks, and my Mum takes stuff like towels and sun cream etc in her case so that's without those. Depends where you're going of course, but I can't see why it would be a problem. Have fun!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    That's sounds like a lot to me. What the hell are you bringing that weighs 17kg?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    That's sounds like a lot to me. What the hell are you bringing that weighs 17kg?
    That includes everything like towels and toiletries and hair straightener/dryer. Also shoes including wellies. I didn't even end up wearing some of the clothes, like jumpers. Some people actually had way more than me!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.