Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Called 'Crying Lightning'.

Personally I think I like it... but I think it needs a few more listens before I'm 100% sure.

I think it'll grow on me though...

I'm interested at to what other people's opinions are on it?

ReputationRep:
    I had a listen, it's ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob8ihHdMhlU

He seems to have lost his accent a little. Not sure that's a bad thing
    I don't mind it.

ReputationRep:
    I quite like it - it sounds a bit different to their old stuff in my honest opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I liked it the first time i heard it, but i think il grow to really like it. It seems like a grower.

ReputationRep:
    It seems like a strange choice for a lead single, but then I haven't heard the rest of the album so it could be the catchiest song on there... Still, it's the songs you don't 'get' at first that can become the best-loved. I'm glad they seem to progressing with each album, it's what makes them the most exciting current British band.

ReputationRep:
    It's ok. Need to give it a few more listens before I can make up my mind on it.

ReputationRep:
    I also think it's an odd choice for a lead single. It's a really good song, a grower deffo, but i'm sure there are better choices for lead singles? Still love the bass part on it and the bit about a minute from the end! Looking forward to the album.

I wouldn't call them the most progressive of all British artists though, no way, it's not that different. Muse are much more progressive in that extent as one example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    I also think it's an odd choice for a lead single. It's a really good song, a grower deffo, but i'm sure there are better choices for lead singles? Still love the bass part on it and the bit about a minute from the end! Looking forward to the album.

I wouldn't call them the most progressive of all British artists though, no way, it's not that different. Muse are much more progressive in that extent as one example.
    But Muse have got worse with each album... (and I like Muse.)

ReputationRep:

OK then, the most progressive current British indie band. With the exception of Bloc Party.

It just doesn't sound the same... :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cowboy Dan)
    But Muse have got worse with each album... (and I like Muse.)
    Absolution is their best album. Their worst album was their first; Showbiz. Yes OOS is their second best.

(Original post by ArtGoblin)
    OK then, the most progressive current British indie band. With the exception of Bloc Party.

It just doesn't sound the same... :no:
    Hmmm, it's trademark Arctic Monkeys, not saying it's bad, it's a progression but not an overwhelming one.

ReputationRep:
    Absolution is their best album. Their worst album was their first; Showbiz. Yes OOS is their second best.
    I forgot about Showbiz, so I'll give you that. But in my opinion, excluding Showbiz which I'll agree is their worst.

Origin of Symmetry > Absolution > Black Holes and Revelations

But back on topic; I thought the new single was okay, I'll need to give it a few more listens as it's probably a grower though.

ReputationRep:
    Showbiz is second only to OOS. BH&R is a heap of ****, bar some songs.

I think this new single sounding different was the whole point. Apparently they aren't going down the big anthem approach anymore.

ReputationRep:
    i liked the single at first and it seems to grow on me every time i listen to it. it's definitely a progression, sounds much more similar to TLSP stuff.

but i want them to go cut their hair, please.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.