I think i have developed nice guy syndrome? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sssdeol1)
    I wanna be a nice guy but im a knob
    Honesty = a step closer to being a 'nice guy'

Read this; http://www.askmen.com/dating/curtsmi...ng_advice.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Would you rather be a total womanising scum bag?

Actually, don't answer that. Nice guys are severely underrated imo.

good enough for me

ReputationRep:
    Would you rather be a total womanising scum bag?

Actually, don't answer that. Nice guys are severely underrated imo.
    Absolutely!

I'm only attracted to nice guys, myself. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    whats wrong with being a nice guy?
    If only there was more of them where I live.
    personally i prefer nice guys, so much more of a gentleman. Than the usal guys who talk to my chest than my face.

ReputationRep:
    yer mate stay as you are..you wont get laid as much but at the same time you will probably have more meaningful relationships..though maybe the predictable bit would be a problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpy09)
    I was up the other night thinking as you do and it occured to me that i may actually of actually developed nice guy syndrome.... and i think its started to come across when im on a night out aswel as i seem to end up becoming friends with girls on a night out rather than anything else. But that maybe because i am just one of them happy drunks who talks to everyone. Even in past relationships i have started becoming to nice and losing the spontanious edge. I became :
    *reliable
    *predictable
    *unargumentitive
    *and always bieng nice.

What do people think? doctors for me? pump some anti-nice guy medicine back into me?.

Anyone else suffering or got anything wise to say about this annoying syndrome?
    I'd choose nice guys over bad boys any day!

I think most girls say that they love bad boys, but I reckon that every girl deep down wants someone reliable and makes them feel secure etc

Also, there is a fine line between being a nice guy and a pushover, so as long as you don't let people use you like a door mat, I think the girls will be queueing up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forever_dreamer)
    Honesty = a step closer to being a 'nice guy'
    Thank you,i'm trying my very best to change:o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsystoleUK)
    lolwat.

Too many guys go around clubs trying to pick up anything that moves. Regardless of your motives, making new friends in clubs is fun
    Best sig I've seen in a long time

ReputationRep:
    im a sucker for a nice guy and yes they are very hard to find(where i work makes me cynaquil) my friend has just broke up with a guy who started being a nob n shed love a nice guy. The thing is a like a nice guy my bf is a nice guy, but lack of confidence is not sexy. My bf is a nice guy n he doesnt especially like being a nice guy either and I wouldn't change anything about him apart from i wish he was more confident and realise its a good thing hes nice and i wudnt be with him if he wasnt!

ReputationRep:
    Well if you want to pick up girls for casual sex and all that then you might want to change the routine, yes, but otherwise just be yourself. My boyfriend is a bit like you sound and we're very very happy together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timetokill)
    Im not entirely sure where youre getting any of this information from, because as far as im concerned its just wrong.
    Who wants someone loud and rebellious? Might be appealing when youre what 12 or 13. And who gets bored of someone being nice to them? Morons, 13 year old girls and delinquents.

Are you looking for a moronic 13 year old delinquent girlfriend? If not then I dont think you'll have a problem long term.

If you are having no luck then maybe its not because youre a 'nice guy' perhaps you just arent what they are looking for/ you bore them/they arent looking for a relationship. Its unlikely to be because you are nice.

Shockingly "Moronic 13 year olds" arent what i am after. I just mean in some social situations mainly nights out. I end up just talking to girls and not coming across as a potential bf but as a friend.. thats the main problem really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimbo99)
    im a sucker for a nice guy and yes they are very hard to find(where i work makes me cynaquil) my friend has just broke up with a guy who started being a nob n shed love a nice guy. The thing is a like a nice guy my bf is a nice guy, but lack of confidence is not sexy. My bf is a nice guy n he doesnt especially like being a nice guy either and I wouldn't change anything about him apart from i wish he was more confident and realise its a good thing hes nice and i wudnt be with him if he wasnt!

I can relate to that.. i used to be the same as your bf as i used to have bugegr all confidence.. But thats changed now and i dont have a problem meeting new people and speaking up. maybe i just have a bad image of the "nice guy" from tv? or maybe nightclubs isnt the best place to try and find "nice girls"

(Original post by Sharpy09)
    Shockingly "Moronic 13 year olds" arent what i am after. I just mean in some social situations mainly nights out. I end up just talking to girls and not coming across as a potential bf but as a friend.. thats the main problem really.
    Read this: http://www.askmen.com/dating/curtsmi...ng_advice.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmeenax)
    Best sig I've seen in a long time
    I second this notion!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    Nice guys go unnoticed by women though.
    WRONG :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Think you've developed nice guy syndrome?

please PLEASE dont cure yourself of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Read this: http://www.askmen.com/dating/curtsmi...ng_advice.html

thats really true. cheers mate.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes, most of the time it's more of a slow burn. You'll see them around for ages and think nothing of it, then BOOM! One day you'll realise how absolutely perfect they are and chase them like hell :p:
    I like that. I like it a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously what?
    Sorry I just re-read what you said never mind. Yh nice guys are underrate .

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.