Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think i have developed nice guy syndrome? Watch

(Original post by Sharpy09)
    I was up the other night thinking as you do and it occured to me that i may actually of actually developed nice guy syndrome.... and i think its started to come across when im on a night out aswel as i seem to end up becoming friends with girls on a night out rather than anything else. But that maybe because i am just one of them happy drunks who talks to everyone. Even in past relationships i have started becoming to nice and losing the spontanious edge. I became :
    *reliable
    *predictable
    *unargumentitive
    *and always bieng nice.

What do people think? doctors for me? pump some anti-nice guy medicine back into me?.

Anyone else suffering or got anything wise to say about this annoying syndrome?
    Orrrrr inject that syndrome into some local boys for me ?

Or marry me, or something. Nice guys are few and hard to find sadly...

ReputationRep:
    its not true nice guys dont attract women.at least not true for me.i am sick of guys pretentious and acting like they r popular or great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveBites)
    I would be OVERJOYED to find an actual, real nice guy...yes I'm bitter
    That's me inside out

ok, that sounds desperate...

ReputationRep:
    Nice guys don't get rewarded often, but when they do get rewarded it is so SWEET.

That ^.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpy09)
    Even in past relationships i have started becoming to nice and losing the spontanious edge. I became :
    *reliable
    *predictable
    *unargumentitive
    *and always bieng nice.

What do people think? doctors for me? pump some anti-nice guy medicine back into me?.
    There's nothing wrong with being nice, just avoid being boring and non-flirty and you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra1234567)
    Orrrrr inject that syndrome into some local boys for me ?

Or marry me, or something. Nice guys are few and hard to find sadly...
    That's often a myth. There are plenty of "nice guys" there. In fact they make up the majority. Men aren't biologically created to be any meaner than women.

Females who complain that they keep dating jerks are probably unlucky or more likely subconciously looking for jerks. These ideas that women like jerks perhaps are influencing males to act like jerks when they're actually not.

I'm sorry if I sound a bit rude, but it kind of irritates me when girls keep saying that's true. It honestly isn't! Honest .

ReputationRep:
    I've kind of been screwed by my ex and made a lot less nice/naieve than I used to be.

I hope I don't end up being a douchebag and screwing over my gf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Would you rather be a total womanising scum bag?

Actually, don't answer that. Nice guys are severely underrated imo.
    O hai i'm a nice guy. Go out with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meagz)
    O hai i'm a nice guy. Go out with me
    I'm spoken for

Spoiler:
    Show
    But :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Girls always say they prefer nice guys.

Girls always get with jerks.

Facts of life. I'm almost at the end of being 'nice.' It gets me nowhere with girls. Being nice will get you lots of friends but it won't get you laid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    I'm spoken for

Spoiler:
    Show
    But :coma:

Plus, you do live in Leeds :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meagz)
    Plus, you do live in Leeds :ahee:
    Pfft, would you really let the distance get between us? :flutter:

Haha

ReputationRep:
    Get a room you two, I want to talk about the difficulties nice guys face in attracting girls, to be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CompactDestruction)
    Get a room you two, I want to talk about the difficulties nice guys face in attracting girls, to be honest

I WOULD BE GLAD TO.

Seriously :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Arn't nice guys only hated by other guys, who envy thier ways with women?

ReputationRep:
    Hey OP, I know what you mean!! But don't be alarmed...being a nice guy isn't a bad thing. You've just got to add the element of being daring and confident....then the girls who matter will come flocking (or you'll run into her/them!!)

ReputationRep:
    Nice guy syndrome sucks. It's not the being nice, its the non-flirty, boring predicatble, woman on a pedestal behavior thats the problem. Just be confident. Know that you are wanted for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    I've kind of been screwed by my ex and made a lot less nice/naieve than I used to be.

I hope I don't end up being a douchebag and screwing over my gf.
    LMFAO At sig haha

(Original post by dfjr)
    That's often a myth. There are plenty of "nice guys" there. In fact they make up the majority. Men aren't biologically created to be any meaner than women.

Females who complain that they keep dating jerks are probably unlucky or more likely subconciously looking for jerks. These ideas that women like jerks perhaps are influencing males to act like jerks when they're actually not.

I'm sorry if I sound a bit rude, but it kind of irritates me when girls keep saying that's true. It honestly isn't! Honest .
    I was being facetious, and thanks for the relationship advice :lolwut:

I'm aware it's a common misconception...Much like that 'girls don't want nice guys'...the point the OP was trying to make.

And you need to consider that unless a person is constantly moving about (or mid change of circumstance, i.e. going to uni) you tend to be around the same people regularly so it's not like new people crop up constantly, so incase they aren't nice guys, they will be the source of current opinion.

ReputationRep:
    When me and my friends say 'nice guy' we usually mean someone who, is perfectly pleasant and cool to hang out with but we just aren't that physically attracted to. Basically someone we just want 'to be friends' with.

As for bad boys, I have never found being treated badly a turn on and hopefully never will.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.