Turn on thread page Beta

I think i have developed nice guy syndrome? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rated R Superstar)
    Yeah, I totally understand what attracts girls to bad boys. I'd like to think I'm confident and fun too, but as a nice guy, I'm not really the first one to be noticed in comparison to the louder, more dominant personalities of 'bad boys'.

Also, most of these threads ultimately boil down to whether the guy/girl is hot lol.
    lol, attractiveness is the fine line between seeing someone as a friend or more. Its not everything, but is important.
    May sound like a stupid question but what do u mean your 'a nice guy'.. sometimes people who claim they are nice guys act like a desperate puppy doing everything to please other people and being doormats. Not saying you are, but just a thought.
    What sort of girl are you lookin for?

ReputationRep:
    Dont forget to add onto the end of that list
    *never ever gets a girlfriend

Sad but true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    And rightly so. Gentlemen, however, don't.
    Cool statement, bro

ReputationRep:
    Join the club

ReputationRep:
    Funny how people mention the good qualities of the bad guy when this debate rears its head every other day on these forums, but never look at their bad sides. Stereotyping is bad, but as people have stereotyped the nice guy, the bad guy can be stereotyped as well. E.g. Will probably cheat, doesnt care about the girlfriend, probably use her for sex, treat them badly in general.

I would say the nice guy would by far make the better boyfriend, thats why some girls decide in their twenties "enough is enough" with the players and go for the more stable guys.

But here is the irony, those guys may have moved on to nice girls! They may not want to wait for the other girls to pull away from those idiots she may have dated. They dont want to be second choice, they want to be FIRST.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    Well that stare and serious face of yours is so hot! :shy2:
    Thanks babe, I thought it was a good look

ReputationRep:
    ignore the girls here, they merely feel sorry for you
    and please dont listen to advice from girls, they dont know what they want
    and what they want, and waht they need are two different things
    g ogym, buy some clothes go to clubs and talk to women

ReputationRep:
    i think people are starting to get the wrong idea about me. im not boring or ugly or anything.. if i was boring i wouldnt be going to the clubs in the first place and i dont lack confidence... i do go up and generate relationships with girls as i feel comftable talking to them but i just come across as one of them people who end up making friends and not taking things further. people are getting the wrong idea im not dull or anything. just- to friendly.. cheers for the feedback peeps

ReputationRep:
    Makes me laugh the way the thread title says that being a nice guy is like a disease or a mental illness.

Is there a cure?

Is being a nice guy more deadly than Swine flu?

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Read this; http://www.askmen.com/dating/curtsmi...ng_advice.html

respect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Would you rather be a total womanising scum bag?

Actually, don't answer that. Nice guys are severely underrated imo.
    As long as their still whores and sexy as ****, they're allowed to be nice haha

ReputationRep:
    a 'syndrome' - theres nothing wrong with being a nice guy!!!

but as a girl.........bad guys are more appealing!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondyx)
    lol, attractiveness is the fine line between seeing someone as a friend or more. Its not everything, but is important.
    May sound like a stupid question but what do u mean your 'a nice guy'.. sometimes people who claim they are nice guys act like a desperate puppy doing everything to please other people and being doormats. Not saying you are, but just a thought.
    What sort of girl are you lookin for?
    Lol no, I'm not that type of nice guy that everyone takes advantage of. In fact, that type of person annoys me too sometimes, so I can see why a girl might be repulsed by that. I'm nice in the sense that I'm nice at heart, I could never be the cocky **** that is really loud, generally obnoxious, but tends to end up with all the girls.

I'm looking for a girl that understands me and is beautiful (there's no point lying and saying that looks don't matter, because they do). I don't want a ditzy girl that cakes on make-up. I need a quality girlfriend that I can hold a proper conversation with, is carefree, with a good energy and positive outlook. Alas, they're becoming increasingly difficult to find. The girl in question is probably with, or fancies, the cocky so-and-so I was talking about earlier anyway lol.

ReputationRep:
    Some of these reply's really do make me angry, not all girls want bad boys and you can't say they do without any proof!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rated R Superstar)
    Lol no, I'm not that type of nice guy that everyone takes advantage of. In fact, that type of person annoys me too sometimes, so I can see why a girl might be repulsed by that. I'm nice in the sense that I'm nice at heart, I could never be the cocky **** that is really loud, generally obnoxious, but tends to end up with all the girls.

I'm looking for a girl that understands me and is beautiful (there's no point lying and saying that looks don't matter, because they do). I don't want a ditzy girl that cakes on make-up. I need a quality girlfriend that I can hold a proper conversation with, is carefree, with a good energy and positive outlook. Alas, they're becoming increasingly difficult to find. The girl in question is probably with, or fancies, the cocky so-and-so I was talking about earlier anyway lol.
    Not really, not everyone likes those sorts. Alot of people don't. My female friends are all attractive, positive, nice, can hold a proper conversation, clever and none of them like the cocky sort.
    You just havn't met the right person yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondyx)
    Not really, not everyone likes those sorts. Alot of people don't. My female friends are all attractive, positive, nice, can hold a proper conversation, clever and none of them like the cocky sort.
    You just havn't met the right person yet
    I hope you're right.

Also, I need to meet your friends...can you set me up? :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.