Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    I'm pretty sure the story goes you have the hair on the legs to attract the sweat or something, but you might be right .
    Yeah some of what u say is bs, the leg hair is a personal choice of the girl (or even guy) its not that it has to be removed or stay

ReputationRep:
    Ironically, Rebecca is a Jewish name =D

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure the story goes you have the hair on the legs to attract the sweat or something, but you might be right .
    Lol, nope never heard that story. I don't think it's true :p:

(Original post by musti123)
    Yeah some of what u say is bs, the leg hair is a personal choice of the girl (or even guy) its not that it has to be removed or stay
    :rolleyes:

You'd be surprised how many conflicting statements i get from a wide variety of muslims about their beliefs.

Forgive me for reporting inaccurate information based on anecdotal evidence :rolleyes:

(Original post by sakura-chan)
    Google agreed, I take it back!
    Care to post the think? :yep:

(Original post by menaa-x)
    Lol, nope never heard that story. I don't think it's true
    Hmm, i distinctly remember a TSR topic about this exact same thing.

Anyway, WAYYYY off topic!

ReputationRep:
    lol i guess it can get lost or become chinese whisperers, I actually happen to be well read in this area (lol) so ...

ReputationRep:
    Its actually a religious requirement seen as mroe hygienic, but lol id question wheter some girl who was religious would go sunbathing in a bikini
    Not sure about that.

ReputationRep:
    Care to post the link? :yep:
    Probably not the most reliable sites ever from first glance, but there's a hell of a lot of similar articles.

http://www.pinkislam.com/health-body...ubic-hair.html
    http://www.understanding-islam.com/rb/mb-049.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloeee02)
    You don't have to have a Muslim/Asian name to be a Muslim.
    you do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayman)
    you do
    You're just trying to collect negative rep now aren't you :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Probably not the most reliable sites ever from first glance, but there's a hell of a lot of similar articles.

http://www.pinkislam.com/health-body...ubic-hair.html
    http://www.understanding-islam.com/rb/mb-049.htm
    I might have misunderstood but you said google agreed about:

'they have to shave all except legs so that the "sin" that is excreted in the form of sweat goes to the lower part of the body and doesn't contaminate your soul or something'

- But the links you posted don't say anything about not shaving your legs due to this, unless I've missed something :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by menaa-x)
    I might have misunderstood but you said google agreed about:

'they have to shave all except legs so that the "sin" that is excreted in the form of sweat goes to the lower part of the body and doesn't contaminate your soul or something'

- But the links you posted don't say anything about not shaving your legs, unless I've missed something :dontknow:
    No sorry, I was just talking about pubic hair, I should have made that more clear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by huffpuff94)
    Ironically, Rebecca is a Jewish name =D
    Quite so.

Lol at the off-topic of this thread.

You'll need to exfoliate the area, OP. Moisturise too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Lmao, what does being Muslim have to do with your pubes?
    This. Seriously, wtf!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloeee02)
    You're just trying to collect negative rep now aren't you :p:
    yeah,

but back to the topic if your a muslim you need to change your name to an islamic name.

ReputationRep:
    BS, BS, BS... a Muslim woman, who does go to beach in bikini & the worse, her name's Rebecca!

I think that the guy with the sig 'there are plenty of stupid people in the TSR' is in some way, somehow, right!

ReputationRep:
    Naah dude, that comes from a very weak hadith.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. On topic - you'll definately have to exfoliate and maybe see a professional. Or if not use something less abrasive for a while like veet or nair or suchlike. A cream rather than a razor.
    Off topic. Wow. Interesting thread topic if it is a real thread. And very interesting reactions lol.

ReputationRep:
    who said anything about my sunbathing.... i hat emy pubic hair, it is dirty.
    anyway i used nair hair removal now what do i do????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebeccaa)
    who said anything about my sunbathing.... i hat emy pubic hair, it is dirty.
    anyway i used nair hair removal now what do i do????
    who mentioned sunbathing ?

ReputationRep:
    Its actually a religious requirement seen as mroe hygienic, but lol id question wheter some girl who was religious would go sunbathing in a bikini
    HERE!!!!!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.