Turn on thread page Beta

What happens when phone contract ends? watch

ReputationRep:
    Does it automatically cut of if you don't get an upgrade?
    And if you upgrade do you keep your current mobile number?

I also have the family and friends discount because my friend works in 02, could I still get that offer on my upgrade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanya4)
    Does it automatically cut of if you don't get an upgrade?
    And if you upgrade do you keep your current mobile number?

I also have the family and friends discount because my friend works in 02, could I still get that offer on my upgrade?
    When I wanted my contract to end with o2 (a while ago) I had to request for it to be cut off, at that point they were trying to persuade me to stay by offering phone upgrade, discount and other crap.

Yeah, I changed from Pay as you go to simiplicity and was able to keep the same number. I also asked if one day I wanted to change back would I be able to keep the same number and they said yes. So I guess you would be able to keep your number.

Yeah, you should be able to keep the discount. If it hasn't be carried forward just phone up customer service and they will probably discount the next payment (that's what happened with my o2 employee broadband when I moved university houses and wanted to keep the broadband and they initially charged me "normal" price).

ReputationRep:
    You have to request to be cut off, you don't need to get a phone upgrade or anything, you still use their services but you're just not under contract so you can switch to any network you want (as long as you don't sign up again)

I'm not upgrading (and this signing up) yet because all the phones are crap and i don't fancy waiting 18-24 months till I can get a new one/change networks without charge.

EDIT: and yes, you keep your number.

ReputationRep:
    The 12 months, 18 months, etc refers to the minimum period of your contract.

Your contract does not end when the minimum period is up. You can, however, then end the contract (although you might need to give 30 days notice).

You keep your number if you upgrade (or even if you transfer to PAYG on the same network etc). You can also keep your number if you want to move to another network (either PAYG or contract) by requesting a Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) from your current network.

ReputationRep:
    End the contract. Sell the phone on E-Bay. Get the new iPhone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanya4)
    What happens when phone contract ends?
    Your phone explodes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Your phone explodes.
    As a student I have had some funny food combos in my time, but who the hell thought of putting the **** in your sig together!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    As a student I have had some funny food combos in my time, but who the hell thought of putting the **** in your sig together!?
    I do a lot of experimenting. I change my sig often, keep a look out.

ReputationRep:
    I preferred the Lord of the Rings one tbh. It looked tasty

ReputationRep:
    You need to request a PAC code which you'd give to O2 PAYG (if you want to go on Pay As You Go, that is). Or, you can usually go on a 30-day rolling contract (so you can choose to end your contract at the end of a given month).

Depends on what you want to do really.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.