Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon, pleeeeease.

Erm, hi.

There's a guy I like and he's going to another school next year; so, we've been spending lots of time together to make up for it.

Inevitably, everyone's all, "oooh, you should go out!" and secretly, I'm all, "Yes!". Then, he just announces that he has a girlfriend already. I mean, I was surprised that he didn't tell me (his gf doesn't go to our school, it's a long-distance thing), but I like him enough not to mess that relationship up for him, so I backed off.

But since summer, we've been getting closer.
    We were out with friends, and he was putting his arm around me, and holding hands, and hugging me non-stop. I know, he was drunk... but he's continued doing it. So now, I'm thinking maybe he does like me...

Then he says he's not going out with his gf anymore (and I'm all, hope!), but then he talks about how much he likes her and wants to get back with her. I want him to be happy, so I'm like, "go for it". but he's reluctant.

I don't know what he wants...
    Does he like me? Does he want me to make a bigger fuss of him, tell him he's got me and doesn't need her? Is he being friendly? Is he oblivious and tactless?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon, pleeeeease.

Erm, hi.

There's a guy I like and he's going to another school next year; so, we've been spending lots of time together to make up for it.

Inevitably, everyone's all, "oooh, you should go out!" and secretly, I'm all, "Yes!". Then, he just announces that he has a girlfriend already. I mean, I was surprised that he didn't tell me (his gf doesn't go to our school, it's a long-distance thing), but I like him enough not to mess that relationship up for him, so I backed off.

But since summer, we've been getting closer.
    We were out with friends, and he was putting his arm around me, and holding hands, and hugging me non-stop. I know, he was drunk... but he's continued doing it. So now, I'm thinking maybe he does like me...

Then he says he's not going out with his gf anymore (and I'm all, hope!), but then he talks about how much he likes her and wants to get back with her. I want him to be happy, so I'm like, "go for it". but he's reluctant.

I don't know what he wants...
    Does he like me? Does he want me to make a bigger fuss of him, tell him he's got me and doesn't need her? Is he being friendly? Is he oblivious and tactless?
    It sounds like he doesn't know what he wants, to be honest. Couple of points- how far away is this new school, and has it ever got further than hugging?

ReputationRep:
    Tell him.

ReputationRep:
    Ask him out

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.