Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Argh! Absolutely everything going wrong (warning- rant). Watch

I've done so badly in my exams that I have no chance of getting a decent 2:1 now and since I just go to an average uni and study an arts subject I am seriously worried about my future job prospects! It also means next year is going to suck as I don't even enjoy my subject in the first place but now I'm going to have to work so hard all year I will barely have a social life.
    I have a whole lot of time to worry about this prospect as I have absolutely nothing at all to do this summer. I can't even volunteer because I live in the middle of nowhere and I can't drive. I am being forced to take my 4th driving test which I won't pass and even if I do I won't get a car. I don't even have a room to waste time in as my parents had too many kids for too little space and my room got given away when I went to uni to now I have to sleep downstairs.
    My boyfriend seems not to want to know anymore, I'm hardly seeing him at all we are home from uni which sucks but he seems to be having a great time going out with his friends, something I can't do as they are all busy all the time going on holidays etc.
    I just seem to spend all day sitting in the house in my pajamas, day after day, I think even my parents are worried! On top of everything else I'm getting fat partly from sitting around and partly because my parents cook very unhealthily.
    I'm in such a rut and I just don't know how to get out of it; I have no prospects, nothing to look forward to, literally not a single reason to get up in the morning. Urgh.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I've done so badly in my exams that I have no chance of getting a decent 2:1 now and since I just go to an average uni and study an arts subject I am seriously worried about my future job prospects! It also means next year is going to suck as I don't even enjoy my subject in the first place but now I'm going to have to work so hard all year I will barely have a social life.
    I have a whole lot of time to worry about this prospect as I have absolutely nothing at all to do this summer. I can't even volunteer because I live in the middle of nowhere and I can't drive. I am being forced to take my 4th driving test which I won't pass and even if I do I won't get a car. I don't even have a room to waste time in as my parents had too many kids for too little space and my room got given away when I went to uni to now I have to sleep downstairs.
    My boyfriend seems not to want to know anymore, I'm hardly seeing him at all we are home from uni which sucks but he seems to be having a great time going out with his friends, something I can't do as they are all busy all the time going on holidays etc.
    I just seem to spend all day sitting in the house in my pajamas, day after day, I think even my parents are worried! On top of everything else I'm getting fat partly from sitting around and partly because my parents cook very unhealthily.
    I'm in such a rut and I just don't know how to get out of it; I have no prospects, nothing to look forward to, literally not a single reason to get up in the morning. Urgh.
    You're not the only one, trust me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.