Turn on thread page Beta

Do women get intimidated by... watch

Announcements

..intelligent attractive men?

We all know that attractive women can scare off guys, but is the reverse also true? The same could also be said about intelligence, as this is an attractive quality. If you put these two together (intelligence and high physical attractiveness), are men in this category less likely to be approached by women than a guy who falls into the average category for intelligence and looks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We all know that attractive women can scare off guys
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    It depends how to woman percieves herself in comparison I think.

ReputationRep:
    no woman scares me so I don't know where OP is coming from?

ReputationRep:
    No....

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the girl. I think its something to do with how people see themselves. If a girl thinks she is stupid and ugly, she won't even attempt to go for a guy who is clever and attractive, because she would never think that she had a chance with him. Same with guys.

It's like a hierarchy. You go for the people of a lower status than yourself because you think you'd have more of a chance with them. Unless you're really confident.

ReputationRep:
    This may be true if the woman feels that the man is "out of her league".

ReputationRep:
    Women scare people in today's society? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    We admire them, the say way a man would admire an intelligent attractive woman (I'm guessing).

Intimidated? Depends on the situation and the other qualities in the man.

If he's also an arrogant prick, intimidation wouldn't be the word to use. But if he's a lovely guy, it's just all the more alluring.

ReputationRep:
    women scare men off, you must be a pretty un confident guy. If a attractive women is there its supposed to spur you on that shes attractive and you have a chance, not go run away like a little baby.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.