Female welsh :love:

ReputationRep:
    Belfast?

ReputationRep:
    saath-ist landen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greghouse)
    lol ... You feel my pain ...

Not anywhere near New Cross Gate are you? (shudder)
    Nope, I live in the Midlands. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowpolkadotbikini)
    well there should be! i can hear it in my head but i'm not sure where it originates... west country maybe?
    Farmer accents originated from farms. :tea:

ReputationRep:
    its got to be irish!!! and there really is such thing as a farmer accent isnt there? ... like the people from somerset have a farmer accent which would be great to sell bread...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    Nope, I live in the Midlands. :o:
    wow, they really travel ...

ReputationRep:
    Irish, Scottish. I would say Norfolk, but I don't actually know anyone with a broad Norfolk accent.. which is a pretty good thing, really. Or maybe we all do and don't notice it, because we cancel each other out. Yeah, something like that.

I'm not fond of Northern accents though.. especially scouse, OH MY GOD.

ReputationRep:
    Northern Irish girls
    Whitney bay is alright
    Welsh girls

I notice no one has mentioned cumbrian

An Irish accent on a female is haaaaaaaaawt like the sun! :drool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    A scouse accent on a non-chavvy boy is actually delicious. Oh lawd.
    :top2:

My personal favourites are Shropshire (I think) and accents with a slight west country twang.

I generally love all accents though, even Brummie and Glaswegian. Apart from RP and Lancashire, there aren't any I hate. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
    :top2:

My personal favourites are Shropshire (I think) and accents with a slight west country twang.

I generally love all accents though, even Brummie and Glaswegian. Apart from RP and Lancashire, there aren't any I hate. :coma:

There's no such thing as a Shropshire accent :grin: There are several: http://www.bbc.co.uk/shropshire/cont..._feature.shtml

(Church Stretton accent is the best :ninja: )

ReputationRep:
    cockney oi oi

ReputationRep:
    hate to sound nashie, but to say 'welsh accent' is the same as saying 'english accent'. if you spoke to someone from pembrokeshire, cardiff, caernarfon then blaenavon, they wouldn't all sound the same. you probably mean the typical taffy accent*. apparently i sound vaguely like this. :o:

* according to torchwood, every welsh person speaks like this. tch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hravan)
    (Church Stretton accent is the best :ninja: )
    Maybe it's that one? I do remember hearing a distinct one but I dunno where about in Shropshire it came from.

ReputationRep:
    Can't go wrong with a home counties accent really can you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
    Maybe it's that one? I do remember hearing a distinct one but I dunno where about in Shropshire it came from.

Church Stretton is my accent :rofl:

Mystery accent :grin: OK, what did it sound similar to? Brummie? Welsh? West Country? Helps to narrow it down to East, West/North or South Shropshire.

ReputationRep:
    Any accent that is strong - they are so interesting to listen to. I adore Glaswegian, as that is where my Scottish family are from.

And I love a cardiff accent i.e Nessa from Gavin and Stacey.

ReputationRep:
    I love a cockney accent...you cant beat a bit of "you alright lav?" (Which is why I've devided to go to the Emirates Stadium more often...you're surrounded by cockney lads)
    birmingham accent is gawjus!
    Scouse accent makes me laff
    Scottish accent kinda makes me cringe...

ReputationRep:
    Irish and Welsh.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.