Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

i've lost my best friend because he confessed his feelings :( watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    I'm still friends with two of the girls who rejected me. Granted, I needed a bit of time not to talk to them for a while, btu I still talk to them sometimes now. We don't talk as much as we used to because now we've all gone our seperate ways.
    JUAS JUAS; It's very sad and patetic to be friend with a girl that reject you!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    He didn't want you as a friend, he wanted to be 'friends' en route to having sex with you. When you closed the door on that possibility his interest in 'just being friends' dropped significantly.

ReputationRep:
    :rant: Maybe your boyfriend told him to stay away, I wouldn't like him hanging around :rant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    He didn't want you as a friend, he wanted to be 'friends' en route to having sex with you. When you closed the door on that possibility his interest in 'just being friends' dropped significantly.
    Why would you assume that all he wanted was to have sex?

ReputationRep:
    He probably feels sick whenever you text him or try to contact him, and the whole incident for him is probably just a bad memory. but I don't see why you couldn't be friends in time.

ReputationRep:
    You have to fight to keep his friendship. He's gonna feel dejected and alone. Part of me thinks you need to force him to meet up with you, and hang out to make things less weird. But in doing so - he could only fall for you further.

ReputationRep:
    Read and learn :p:

ReputationRep:
    He isnt over you yet - give him time.

(Original post by jordi1714)
    JUAS JUAS; It's very sad and patetic to be friend with a girl that reject you!!!!!!!!!!
    Why do you say that?

ReputationRep:
    You are actually confused at why he isn't talking to you much anymore? It's not rocket science.

Man likes girl - Man tells girl - Girl rejects man - Man needs time to heal.

Just so you know, your friendship with him will almost indefinitely never be the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    Just so you know, your friendship with him will almost indefinitely never be the same.
    I disagree. I'm still friends with a girl who rejected me. Granted, it was a little awkward for a while, but we were 16 at the time (6 years ago), so now we joke about it as one of those stupid teenage things. It's just a matter of whether the friendship lasts long enough to outride the attraction and awkwardness. It may have helped that my type has changed since I fancied her though, she is nothing like the girl I would date now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)
    I disagree. I'm still friends with a girl who rejected me. Granted, it was a little awkward for a while, but we were 16 at the time (6 years ago), so now we joke about it as one of those stupid teenage things. It's just a matter of whether the friendship lasts long enough to outride the attraction and awkwardness. It may have helped that my type has changed since I fancied her though, she is nothing like the girl I would date now.
    To be fair, he said almost. You're probably a fairly rare case.

ReputationRep:
    Well first off, the guy said he "loved her" so that increases the chance of a ruined friendship (if he really did 'love' her, or somewhere close), secondly I said "almost indefinitely" (covered my ass, yo' :ahee:). Also, how long did you know your friend? Because the OP has only know him for less than a year, so the friendship bonds won't be that strong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    Why do you say that?
    Because in the moment that she reject you, she show you that you aren't good enought for she, and always that she looks you she know that is superior!!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Leave him alone, he knows where you are when he's ready.

Just out of interest.. if you didn't have a boyfriend (who clearly you love) could you have loved this guy equally as much in time? Did you weigh the two up against one another, or was it an easy 'no' decision?
    Um, for future reference, does anyone know how to quote lots of people in one post??

but to answer your question, it wasn't ever something i'd thought about. like i said, he was always just a friend to me. a brother even. we'd hang out and watch films, play xbox (even though i'm rubbish :rolleyes: ) and just chat. there was never anything with a sexual undertone. when we went out to eat/go the cinema/go to clubs there was always a huge group of us. i don't really understand how he could have fallen for me. i wasn't trying to make him :confused:

ReputationRep:
    He was "friends" with you because he wanted to have sex with you. Now he's exploring other options since you've closed that door. Simple really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Um, for future reference, does anyone know how to quote lots of people in one post??
    Just use the same quote tag. What I usually do is click the reply button on whatever posts I want to quote, open them in new tags, then copy and paste them all into one message.

i don't really understand how he could have fallen for me. i wasn't trying to make him :confused:
    Usually it isn't a matter of effort, it just happens.

(Original post by Brotherhood)
    He was "friends" with you because he wanted to have sex with you. Now he's exploring other options since you've closed that door. Simple really.
    I still don't understand why that would be the case. If you want to have sex with someone, you don't tell them you're in love with them. That just makes your endeavor complicated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    Well first off, the guy said he "loved her" so that increases the chance of a ruined friendship (if he really did 'love' her, or somewhere close), secondly I said "almost indefinitely" (covered my ass, yo' :ahee:). Also, how long did you know your friend? Because the OP has only know him for less than a year, so the friendship bonds won't be that strong.
    Yeah true. Although I take 'almost indefinitely' to mean 99% of the time, don't think it's nearly that impossible. :p: Maybe mine is a rare case though, I think it happening in the hormonal years where guys fancy anything with breasts helped.

Only knowing each other for a short amount of time does make it less likely, but I think a lot depends on how they're friends. If they have lots of mutual friends or go to the same places a lot then chances are it'll be alright to ride out if they're genuinely friends. If they usually don't see each other in their every day lives, then chances are the guy is going to have a cooling off period and decide it's either too awkward to start talking again or not worth the bother.

ouch. while that article isn't entirely true of my friendship with him, it's struck some chords. i had no idea how he felt about me. even when my friends were gossiping, i only backed off to stop them from getting the wrong idea, not because i thought my friend actually had feelings for me. argh, i feel awful. like i have sat up crying with him after drunken arguments with my boyfriend, he has done special little things for me like coming into uni just to sit with me while i was bored waiting for a lecture (though i didn't ask him to). i'm such an idiot, how did i not realise it?! i just thought he was being a good friend.

ReputationRep:
    girls like that need a real ******* of a lesson

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 23, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.