Turn on thread page Beta

I have a phobia of cats- Ailurophobia. Do you have a phobia? watch

ReputationRep:
    Cats Cats Cats

I have nightmares about them sometimes, like being chased by them, really big ones, coloured ones, ones with big fat necks, striped ones, purring ones.

Typing about cats worries me.

On a brightener note, my friend has a phobia of buttons. I know its evil but it really makes me laugh. Back in year 5, I accidentally offered her some chocolate buttons. She was not impressed.

She laughs at my cat phobia *shivers*

So, the question put forward to you, fellow TSRians is...

Do you have any phobias/ know of any strange phobias.

Lets just get it all out in the open

ReputationRep:
    No, I do not.

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared of dogs, even puppies. It's got to the point where I have to cross the road when there is a dog on the same footpath as me. Started in childhood. : /

ReputationRep:
    I'm similar with rats

ReputationRep:
    Well if you're laughing at her phobia of buttons, then she has every right to laugh at your phobia of cats.

i'm gynophobia :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I suffer from severe thaasophobia (sp?)

ReputationRep:
    I have a fear of yogurt, going back in time and deep water/the ocean

At least the last is rational

ReputationRep:
    phobophobia.

scared of phobias.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapturedSoul)
    Well if you're laughing at her phobia of buttons, then she has every right to laugh at your phobia of cats.

I get that. Doesn't mean I like it.

Do you not have a phobia then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapturedSoul)
    Hm... cats are arguably a bit more dangerous (and therefore a more rational thing to be afraid of) than buttons, though. Maybe not.

Personally have issues with spiders and deep water; neither of them is really a phobia, though - just a serious aversion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    I have a fear of yogurt, going back in time and deep water/the ocean

At least the last is rational

Oh no not yoghurt!

I'm sorry!

I always want to go back in time though. Hmph. Never gonna happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gujii_Giirl)
    Spiders =|

Must run out the room when I see one! I remember when my bedroom got like 5 spiders in there once, which all came out at night, I stopped sleeping during the night and only slept at nights! I use to lock myself in the living room till the early hours of the morning.. Eventually plucked up my courage to kill them after like 5 days by chucking books at them from a distance lol.. But yeah still scared of them, especially the ones that fly *shivers*
    ... those aren't spiders.

ReputationRep:
    The dark. Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    I have Cynophobia (fear of dogs) :sad:

ReputationRep:
    My friend has a phobia of pancakes. Hates even saying the word. Refuses to be near one. It's quite amusing.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    heres a great list

http://phobialist.com/

ReputationRep:
    bridges :emo:

I ahve a cat phobia also. I'm serious, OP PM if you need to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *pitseleh*)
    Hm... cats are arguably a bit more dangerous (and therefore a more rational thing to be afraid of) than buttons, though. Maybe not.

Personally have issues with spiders and deep water; neither of them is really a phobia, though - just a serious aversion.

Oh spiders. If we're talking aversions moths are up there.

People call me wierd when i run away screaming hysterically. Then havent heard about the story of the girl with a moth stuck in her ear. :eek:

A bit off topic. But yeah. I feel it too.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.