Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have a phobia of cats- Ailurophobia. Do you have a phobia? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Cats Cats Cats

I have nightmares about them sometimes, like being chased by them, really big ones, coloured ones, ones with big fat necks, striped ones, purring ones.

Typing about cats worries me.

On a brightener note, my friend has a phobia of buttons. I know its evil but it really makes me laugh. Back in year 5, I accidentally offered her some chocolate buttons. She was not impressed.

She laughs at my cat phobia *shivers*

So, the question put forward to you, fellow TSRians is...

Do you have any phobias/ know of any strange phobias.

Lets just get it all out in the open

ReputationRep:
    No, I do not.

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared of dogs, even puppies. It's got to the point where I have to cross the road when there is a dog on the same footpath as me. Started in childhood. : /

ReputationRep:
    I'm similar with rats

ReputationRep:
    Well if you're laughing at her phobia of buttons, then she has every right to laugh at your phobia of cats.

i'm gynophobia :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I suffer from severe thaasophobia (sp?)

ReputationRep:
    I have a fear of yogurt, going back in time and deep water/the ocean

At least the last is rational

ReputationRep:
    phobophobia.

scared of phobias.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapturedSoul)
    Well if you're laughing at her phobia of buttons, then she has every right to laugh at your phobia of cats.

I get that. Doesn't mean I like it.

Do you not have a phobia then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapturedSoul)
    Hm... cats are arguably a bit more dangerous (and therefore a more rational thing to be afraid of) than buttons, though. Maybe not.

Personally have issues with spiders and deep water; neither of them is really a phobia, though - just a serious aversion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    I have a fear of yogurt, going back in time and deep water/the ocean

At least the last is rational

Oh no not yoghurt!

I'm sorry!

I always want to go back in time though. Hmph. Never gonna happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gujii_Giirl)
    Spiders =|

Must run out the room when I see one! I remember when my bedroom got like 5 spiders in there once, which all came out at night, I stopped sleeping during the night and only slept at nights! I use to lock myself in the living room till the early hours of the morning.. Eventually plucked up my courage to kill them after like 5 days by chucking books at them from a distance lol.. But yeah still scared of them, especially the ones that fly *shivers*
    ... those aren't spiders.

ReputationRep:
    The dark. Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    I have Cynophobia (fear of dogs) :sad:

ReputationRep:
    My friend has a phobia of pancakes. Hates even saying the word. Refuses to be near one. It's quite amusing.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    heres a great list

http://phobialist.com/

ReputationRep:
    bridges :emo:

I ahve a cat phobia also. I'm serious, OP PM if you need to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *pitseleh*)
    Hm... cats are arguably a bit more dangerous (and therefore a more rational thing to be afraid of) than buttons, though. Maybe not.

Personally have issues with spiders and deep water; neither of them is really a phobia, though - just a serious aversion.

Oh spiders. If we're talking aversions moths are up there.

People call me wierd when i run away screaming hysterically. Then havent heard about the story of the girl with a moth stuck in her ear. :eek:

A bit off topic. But yeah. I feel it too.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.