Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have a phobia of cats- Ailurophobia. Do you have a phobia? Watch

ReputationRep:
    baked beans. i don't know if that's got a name, but yeah i'm pretty **** scared and freaked out by the sight, smell, thought of them or anything related, and baked bean contamination(beans having been on a plate i'm eating from- i have my own cutlery/bowls in the house to avoid this) where i can't even watch an advert and will hide outside or in my room with something over my face if someone's eating beans in the house until all evidence of the beans has been destroyed. errrrrrrrr they're just ******* errrgggggggg

my dad says i choked on a baked bean when i was a bambino

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    I have a fear of yogurt, going back in time and deep water/the ocean

At least the last is rational
    Yiaourtiphobia , chronohodophobia and Thalassophobia

ReputationRep:
    Death. I don't know if it's exactly a phobia though. Ever since I was in a car crash, about 10 years ago now, I've never been able to go down the road where it happened. I'll do whatever I can to keep out of situations that could be even slightly dangerous. I don't think I'll be able to go to another funeral, the thought just turns my stomach. Any situation where there's dead things. I did work experience at the RSPCA in Year 7 and they all used to tease me about this big freezer they put all the dead animal bodies in :sad:

Dead things = :cry:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    your stuffed if you have this

Photophobia- Fear of light.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    and op, how can you be scared of this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozy)
    I'm scared of dogs, even puppies. It's got to the point where I have to cross the road when there is a dog on the same footpath as me. Started in childhood. : /

Oh mine started at childhood too!

But strangely enough, I'm okay with dogs, their human friendly ( to me) cats are just ..* shiver shiver shiver*

I can't be on the same side of cats either, i seriously have to run away, my heart starts beating. Ah it's not nice, but i guess you feel it too.

I also hate it when people use the phrase its 'raining cats and dogs.'

ahh that makes me feel better.

ReputationRep:
    spiders. i have nightmares of them. ive had lots of bad experiences with them so it seems rational.

also whales/sharks and the ocean/seas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thrillseeker)
    Oh spiders. If we're talking aversions moths are up there.

People call me wierd when i run away screaming hysterically. Then havent heard about the story of the girl with a moth stuck in her ear. :eek:

A bit off topic. But yeah. I feel it too.
    That actually just made me laugh aloud. Moths are grim though. Those big hairy ones are just awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gujii_Giirl)
    I duno! some could fly some did'nt, they all looked the same.. And as far as I was concerned they were all as scary and mean looking as each other.. so
    They're just crane flies - they're insects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Wi$e-One)
    your stuffed if you have this

Photophobia- Fear of light.
    thats more of a medical condition when you eyes are sensitive to light. Its a symptom of meningitis i think.

ReputationRep:
    cockroaches and birds ******** on me.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by watermelon sugar)
    baked beans. i don't know if that's got a name, but yeah i'm pretty **** scared and freaked out by the sight, smell, thought of them or anything related, and baked bean contamination(beans having been on a plate i'm eating from- i have my own cutlery/bowls in the house to avoid this) where i can't even watch an advert and will hide outside or in my room with something over my face if someone's eating beans in the house until all evidence of the beans has been destroyed. errrrrrrrr they're just ******* errrgggggggg

well Phaseolus vulgaris is the latin name for a common bean

so mabye Phaseolusvulgarisphobia?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by cconstant)
    thats more of a medical condition when you eyes are sensitive to light. Its a symptom of meningitis i think.
    yeah can be, although thats intollerance to light, not phobic i think....

ReputationRep:

BAKED BEANS PHOBIA?

So it is true!!

There was a girl in my primary school who ALWAYS complained about baked beans, how she couldn't stand the smell, look or anything about it. But she said she wasn't allergic or anything like that. One day she asked me and a few friends to move from the table she sat at because we were eating them. I actually just thought it was her way to attention seek. :eek:

Oops.

We did move though.

I'm feel real guilty now.

Sorry

Mmm... I like water melon and sugar though

ReputationRep:
    Emetophobia - fear of vomiting.

ReputationRep:
    I have a phobia of stickers and used celotape, terrifies me, cant go near the stuff/.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Thrillseeker)
    Cats Cats Cats

I have nightmares about them sometimes, like being chased by them, really big ones, coloured ones, ones with big fat necks, striped ones, purring ones.

Typing about cats worries me.

On a brightener note, my friend has a phobia of buttons. I know its evil but it really makes me laugh. Back in year 5, I accidentally offered her some chocolate buttons. She was not impressed.

She laughs at my cat phobia *shivers*

So, the question put forward to you, fellow TSRians is...

Do you have any phobias/ know of any strange phobias.

Lets just get it all out in the open

ReputationRep:

your not the only one the kid in this video seemed pretty tormented.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBOVQ...response_watch

ReputationRep:
    Dont think I have any. I *************** hate spiders though.. but not scared of them and run off like a pansy. I can stay in the room and throw things at it like a pansy instead..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cconstant)
    Yiaourtiphobia , chronohodophobia and Thalassophobia
    THERE'S A NAME FOR MY CONDITION!
    or did you make it up :sad:
    i've been searching so long
    oh god i hate it so so so much

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.