Turn on thread page Beta

I have a phobia of cats- Ailurophobia. Do you have a phobia? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *pitseleh*)
    That actually just made me laugh aloud. Moths are grim though. Those big hairy ones are just awful.
    Why would you tell me some of them have hairs? Why pitseleh why?

Don't you just hate it on those wildlife programme things, when they try to attract moths with sweet smelling socks, just so they can have a peak at 'all the pretty colours'

I mean what if a big hairy one did scoot right up a nostril. Ahh.

Hmm i think i might have an everything phobia.

Glad I made you laugh :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    I'm similar with rats
    This. They're disgusting.
    And pigeons.
    *cowers in fear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    THERE'S A NAME FOR MY CONDITION!
    or did you make it up :sad:
    i've been searching so long
    oh god i hate it so so so much
    well......i kinda put the greek work for yoghurt in front of phobia but isn't that how all phobia names are made up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaw)
    Dont think I have any. I *************** hate spiders though.. but not scared of them and run off like a pansy. I can stay in the room and throw things at it like a pansy instead..
    LOL, not only did the use of the word 'pansy' make me laugh. But the fact that you throw things at spiders? LOL. Oh please do tell us what kind of things you throw.

Wait..

Don't tell me..

Pansies? :cool:

Okay that was a lame joke. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cconstant)
    well......i kinda put the greek work for yoghurt in front of phobia but isn't that how all phobia names are made up?
    dunno
    if you type it in your post comes up and that is it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anoif_)
    And pigeons.
    *cowers in fear

I don't have a phobia of pigeons, but oh lord I find them so repulsive. I find them just ergh so icky. I always think their diseased too. I'm not sure if they are.

This always seems to help me though:

http://www.roadkilltshirts.com/Produ...CUSTOM_PIGEONS

Don't think you would want to wear one though.

Because of the whole.. you know.. phobia.

I believe its called peristerophobia by the way.

ReputationRep:
    I too hate moths. The other day I was lying in bed and one came flying threw the window and pretty much straight into bed with me. I was out my room so quickly i didn't realise i was standing in the hall butt naked.
    'twas very embarrassing as pretty much all my family saw :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thrillseeker)
    LOL, not only did the use of the word 'pansy' make me laugh. But the fact that you throw things at spiders? LOL. Oh please do tell us what kind of things you throw.

Wait..

Don't tell me..

Pansies? :cool:

Okay that was a lame joke. :sadnod:
    :laugh: it ranges from shoes to books generally. Nothing sharp though if it's a big bugger as I get worried he'll throw it back at me and take my wallet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    dunno
    if you type it in your post comes up and that is it!
    In which case, yes, yes I did make it up and from this day forth the fear of yoghurt shall be called Yiaourtiphobia.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a phobia of pigeons, but oh lord I find them so repulsive. I find them just ergh so icky. I always think their diseased too. I'm not sure if they are.

They're definitely all diseased. And their sole mission is to pass it on to me. Like pigeon flu ¬_¬
    I like that t-shirt. If there was no pigeon I'd buy it
    And indeed it is, I discovered this last year and thought "Well, at least there's a name for it - maybe I'm not such a freak after all" Lol.

ReputationRep:

I have a slight fear of pigeons. They always seem to swoop for you. Same with seagulls too actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Death. I don't know if it's exactly a phobia though. Ever since I was in a car crash, about 10 years ago now, I've never been able to go down the road where it happened. I'll do whatever I can to keep out of situations that could be even slightly dangerous. I don't think I'll be able to go to another funeral, the thought just turns my stomach. Any situation where there's dead things. I did work experience at the RSPCA in Year 7 and they all used to tease me about this big freezer they put all the dead animal bodies in :sad:

Dead things = :cry:

That's horrible.:hmmm:

I'm really sorry to hear that, the whole car crash thing. I don't think anyone likes death TBH. I believe its called Thanatophobia or Thantophobia. I'm not sure it helps knowing the name of the condition.

But again, sorry.

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anoif_)
    And pigeons.
    *cowers in fear
    and cats, but only when they don't speak (like they do on certain telivisual experiences)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cconstant)
    I too hate moths. The other day I was lying in bed and one came flying threw the window and pretty much straight into bed with me. I was out my room so quickly i didn't realise i was standing in the hall butt naked.
    'twas very embarrassing as pretty much all my family saw :facepalm:

oh, but moths are quite cute! :o:

cockroaches, crane flies, spiders and slugs on the other hand...*runs away*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyJ)
    oh, but moths are quite cute! :o:

cockroaches, crane flies, spiders and slugs on the other hand...*runs away*
    CUTE!!???!!?! they're hideous. The way they move in such a distractive way is horrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    and cats, but only when they don't speak (like they do on certain telivisual experiences)
    Well, of course. The talking ones aren't counted. Salem has special status. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    my phobia was in my room today, I was like hmmm look at my hair on the floor quite long better pick it up...

huh, that's weird it moved? WHAT THE **** ITS A SPIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I think i handled it well, got the hover out lol. i just cannot believe the day i tidy up i see a spider, it's unbelievable, well i built a resistance to them kinda so im happy i saw it.

ReputationRep:

I don't think anyone likes death TBH. I believe its called Thanatophobia or Thantophobia. I'm not sure it helps knowing the name of the condition.

I have an enormous fear of death, particularly after my Gran died, to the point where I would lie awake at night thinking of ways to avoid burial/cremation in case I somehow suffocated or was burnt while still alive inside. I considered entombement and having the coffin put behind a glass wall so I could get out if I came back to life .

I also used to worry that my soul might stay trapped in my body as punishment for my sins. I was reading about Michael Jackson's death recently (weirdly enough he died on my 18th birthday), and I became obsessed with cardiac arrest and became terrified that my heart would suddenly stop.

So yeah, I don't like death. Not at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaw)
    :laugh: it ranges from shoes to books generally. Nothing sharp though if it's a big bugger as I get worried he'll throw it back at me and take my wallet
    LOL. Ahh you have officially gained my positive rep. You should feel previliged; first time!

But here's a tip: suck those babies up with a hoover. BUT REMEMBER: once you've done it, leave the hoover on.

That one mistake I made years ago was to suck that pesky spider up for the first time using a the stick a dyson. I then immediately turned it off. I then stood away, once i was sure the deed was done. I was triumphant- that spider which had been lurking in the corner of my room had gone, I was seriously jubilant. I had been able to do it, I was punching fists in the air. Then that little ******* crawled back up the stick It was SO horrible. I ran off so fast, it was digusting seeing little stick legs come from that little passage. :zomg:
    I hit the side of the door. :indiff:

b*******.

P.s have fun reading that life story :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    -
    Venustraphobia.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.