Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have a phobia of cats- Ailurophobia. Do you have a phobia? Watch

ReputationRep:
    But mainly, I have a fear of nationalisation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cconstant)
    CUTE!!???!!?! they're hideous. The way they move in such a distractive way is horrible.

I think of them as ugly butterflies :p: and they're not as physically bulky or intrusive as, say, bluebottle flies. You can wave them elsewhere without having to physically smack them out of the way and have them touch your skin *shudders*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    and cats, but only when they don't speak (like they do on certain telivisual experiences)
    Excellent! You share my fear of cats!! But now I'm rather confused- you're scared of cats when they don't speak? May I ask which televisual experiences? So you enjoy watching Stuart Little?

Stuart Little =

I just hate all cats. Ahhh I just ahhh hate them. They're not even needed in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyJ)
    oh, but moths are quite cute! :o:

cockroaches, crane flies, spiders and slugs on the other hand...*runs away*
    Perhaps you would like to jump into bed with them then. :mad:

As for slugs you have a phobia?

I think i find slugs cute! :p: The way they leave their little slug trails, then they scoot of at around 1mph. Now that's cute. Forgive me if you do possess the phobia though.

Just googled crane flies = :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thrillseeker)
    LOL. Ahh you have officially gained my positive rep. You should feel previliged; first time!

But here's a tip: suck those babies up with a hoover. BUT REMEMBER: once you've done it, leave the hoover on.

That one mistake I made years ago was to suck that pesky spider up for the first time using a the stick a dyson. I then immediately turned it off. I then stood away, once i was sure the deed was done. I was triumphant- that spider which had been lurking in the corner of my room had gone, I was seriously jubilant. I had been able to do it, I was punching fists in the air. Then that little ******* crawled back up the stick It was SO horrible. I ran off so fast, it was digusting seeing little stick legs come from that little passage. :zomg:
    I hit the side of the door. :indiff:

b*******.

P.s have fun reading that life story :rolleyes:

a hoover, are you mad?! they just sit there in all that fur getting more and more p*****! you go to empty it days later and forget all about it, and you find he's eight times the size as he's been eating all the crap you've sucked up from under the sofa! voice of experience! I practically heard him say ''WTF Mate? I've gotta bone to pick'' when I was dumping it in the bin!

:rofl: havent had that though, sounds like a persistant lil b******! herrrrrrrrres Johnny!

its better than using Raid though. that stuff is a joke, it gives em 30 seconds of adreneline to go apes*** and create as much havok as possible. It was supposed to kill it, instead i spray it and have to fend it off with a shoe and a computer chair:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyJ)
    I think of them as ugly butterflies :p: and they're not as physically bulky or intrusive as, say, bluebottle flies. You can wave them elsewhere without having to physically smack them out of the way and have them touch your skin *shudders*
    I'm mainly talking about the big chunky ones like this:

Tat picture btw made me absolutely cringe while getting it ahh.

ReputationRep:
    nuts i just hate them, the smell of them is just enough to make me stand up and move, my family eats them all the time and i just feel sick if i accidently eat something that has nuts in them, even when i wasn't concieved everytime my mum ate them i would make her throw them up lol

ReputationRep:
    I sort of have a fear of flying. However, I don't think it's actually the flying part - more the worry of crashing. However, that's rational so I think that's not what a phobia is (meant to be irrational unless I'm wrong). But, yes, I know it's like 1-in-3 million chance of dying and it's safest mode of transport yet I'm still worried.

ReputationRep:
    lol i absolutley love cats..i have 2 :P

im scared of bugs..especially spiders and deep water. i also have a mild phobia of heights n i also got this thing with stairs...its not as bad as it was before n it depends on how big they are...i cant do the huge curly whirly ones...stairs like the ones in hospitals are a bit freaky...i need to hold the railing with both hands and go really slow lol...think it goes hand in hand with the heights thing

my freinds think its a weird phobia though...especially since i love rollercoasters

ReputationRep:
    Excellent! You share my fear of cats!! But now I'm rather confused- you're scared of cats when they don't speak? May I ask which televisual experiences? So you enjoy watching Stuart Little?

Stuart Little =

I just hate all cats. Ahhh I just ahhh hate them. They're not even needed in the world.
    Sorry, I'm actually rather fond of cats, t'was just a private joke between me and anoif regarding his frustrating attempts to motivate her cat to speak, in emulation of the cat (Salem) from Sabrina the Teenage Witch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyJ)

I have an enormous fear of death, particularly after my Gran died, to the point where I would lie awake at night thinking of ways to avoid burial/cremation in case I somehow suffocated or was burnt while still alive inside. I considered entombement and having the coffin put behind a glass wall so I could get out if I came back to life .

I also used to worry that my soul might stay trapped in my body as punishment for my sins. I was reading about Michael Jackson's death recently (weirdly enough he died on my 18th birthday), and I became obsessed with cardiac arrest and became terrified that my heart would suddenly stop.

So yeah, I don't like death. Not at all

Oh dear, I wish there was more I could do to help you. I know it probably dosen't feel like it, but I do really know how the panick/ anxiety feels about your phobia. And I really doubt your soul being trapped in your body for your sins!

I really do feel for you actually, there's always getting really graphic and detailed about deaths these days- particularly in media.

I do hope you talk to someone about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cconstant)
    I'm mainly talking about the big chunky ones like this:

Tat picture btw made me absolutely cringe while getting it ahh.

Why would you go to all that effort to do so then? :eek:

And why exactly have I just quoted you- meaning the picture will be posted up again? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I'm actually rather fond of cats, t'was just a private joke between me and anoif regarding his frustrating attempts to motivate her cat to speak, in emulation of the cat (Salem) from Sabrina the Teenage Witch
    lol she got so excited that she wasn't the only one as well.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just jog on then. :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    I hate cats they creep me out!!!!!! i cant go near cats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaw)
    a hoover, are you mad?! they just sit there in all that fur getting more and more p*****! you go to empty it days later and forget all about it, and you find he's eight times the size as he's been eating all the crap you've sucked up from under the sofa! voice of experience! I practically heard him say ''WTF Mate? I've gotta bone to pick'' when I was dumping it in the bin!

:rofl: havent had that though, sounds like a persistant lil b******! herrrrrrrrres Johnny!

its better than using Raid though. that stuff is a joke, it gives em 30 seconds of adreneline to go apes*** and create as much havok as possible. It was supposed to kill it, instead i spray it and have to fend it off with a shoe and a computer chair:mad:

please tell me your joking. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    please tell me your joking. :indiff:
    well not literally but it was a lot bigger. It was easier to throw out the whole hoover :laugh: it needed to be chucked anyway that said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozy)
    I'm scared of dogs, even puppies. It's got to the point where I have to cross the road when there is a dog on the same footpath as me. Started in childhood. : /
    i cross the road when there is a cat on the same footpath

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thatcher)
    But mainly, I have a fear of nationalisation
    See now, I don't actually think there's a name for that...

Thanks for sharing that with us though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King4eva)
    i cross the road when there is a cat on the same footpath

Ahh! Finally someone who shares the cat phobia! I honestly panic when they are around me. Its not even cross the road, I'm honestly scared for my life. Its strange, I always think it will come and ahh attack me. It's just so unpleasant. Is it just a phobia of cats? I don't feel the same about dogs strangely enough.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.