Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have a phobia of cats- Ailurophobia. Do you have a phobia? Watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thrillseeker)
    Ahh! Finally someone who shares the cat phobia! I honestly panic when they are around me. Its not even cross the road, I'm honestly scared for my life. Its strange, I always think it will come and ahh attack me. It's just so unpleasant. Is it just a phobia of cats? I don't feel the same about dogs strangely enough.
    yeah i always have the feeling that a cat will jump out of the bushes and attack me, anytime im walking home at night, i always walk in the middle of the road. I even avoid going to my friends house because he has a cat!!

ReputationRep:
    I have a fear of cats and dogs, which is unfortunate as there are plenty of both in my area (the fear of dogs has been with me from an early age, fear of cats is a more recent thing).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i'm gynophobia :rofl:
    LOL. That did actually make me laugh.

But it's probably because you don't get any :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared of insects, I've literally not be in rooms for days if there's some sort of flying thing in there. Especially if it's a moth Why is it that so many people hate them, but not butterflies? They're not that different up close... I don't like it when they show that. They are pretty though.
    And the seaaa! I can paddle, but not swim. It's annoying, cause it looks nice, and I love swimming- but I don't like the thought of fish being near me. I think I'd cope better with like a shark than loads of little fish... Maybe not in the long term though. Hmm.
    I feel mean now, to insects and fish. Sorry... if any of you are reading this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xTash3007x)
    I'm scared of insects, I've literally not be in rooms for days if there's some sort of flying thing in there. Especially if it's a moth Why is it that so many people hate them, but not butterflies? They're not that different up close... I don't like it when they show that. They are pretty though.
    And the seaaa! I can paddle, but not swim. It's annoying, cause it looks nice, and I love swimming- but I don't like the thought of fish being near me. I think I'd cope better with like a shark than loads of little fish... Maybe not in the long term though. Hmm.
    I feel mean now, to insects and fish. Sorry... if any of you are reading this.

Lol, bless you! I'm pretty sure they won't see this. Will they? :ninja:

And, moths and butterflies are in the same league for me. But I don't have a phobia. Just the c word...

ReputationRep:
    I'm terrified of pylons...I can't look at them, or even think about them. I frequently have nightmares about them I'm also very scared of death and being buried alive...horrible stuff

ReputationRep:
    No. I've an overmastering aversion to wasps, but I class that as perfectly rational.

ReputationRep:
    bridges
    heights
    swallowing tablets
    spiders

ReputationRep:
    http://www.saviodsilva.com/fear/fear-being-poor.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maria0208)
    I'm terrified of pylons...I can't look at them, or even think about them. I frequently have nightmares about them I'm also very scared of death and being buried alive...horrible stuff

:console:. I am the same.

I also despise swans

I don't mind looking at pics of them or talking about them..it's just any time I see one in real life it creeps me out. They look so sinister. I'd go as far as saying they look evil.

ReputationRep:
    My friend freaks out when you say stomach. She also hates coughing. She gets really, really annoyed when you cough.

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

ReputationRep:
    Emetophobia - Fear of vomiting.
    Also have a fear of large open sea spaces. If i'm forced to stand infront of a large tank at an Aquarium or something I freak out. I even have nightmares about it

ReputationRep:
    I used to be terrified of toilets - i had to flush and the run the hell out of the door as fas as I could, cos I thought they were going to explode when I flushed >.<
    I'm over that now :p:

Arachnophobia, but that isn't strange.

I'm scared to death of boats. Even little rowing boats, or punts...anything. I just wan tto cry and scream as soon as I step foot on one [which I don't generally do =p]. Strange thing is, I'm a really strong swimmer =/

ReputationRep:
    i'm scared of loads of things, where do i begin. They're all like usual ones u know, spiders flys wasps, infact anything thats crawly or fly-y. oh and i really dont like bananas <--that one's weird. and pregnant women really phase me out, they're so strange

ReputationRep:
    I love cats

ReputationRep:
    i think just spiders. They really freak me out!

ReputationRep:
    Being underground. I don't know if there's a name for it. When I was in year 6 we went on a school trip to Matlock in Derbyshire and we went down about four different Bluejohn mines. I managed the first one, but when we went down the next one I cried and had to be taken out... then I didn't go down any more after that.

I've tried since to go into caves and tunnels and stuff, but I still can't do it. I think it's the idea of all the pressure of all that weight pressing down above me, ready to cave in at any moment... ugh!

ReputationRep:
    Elbows!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missmeem)
    Emetophobia - Fear of vomiting.
    Also have a fear of large open sea spaces. If i'm forced to stand infront of a large tank at an Aquarium or something I freak out. I even have nightmares about it
    Same with emetophobia
    Not fun. I've had about 2 years of counselling altogether, it hasn't quite shifted it, and I'm not sure it ever will

Ah well.

In response to the OP, you would hate to meet me, I adore cats, my family has five! They is awesome :woo:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.