The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My cats hate you.

Anyway, I am a bit scared of dogs, vomiting, velocity and tiny holes. The tiny holes one is the only one that freaks me out PROPERLY, and I suppose the velocity (I'm not sure if that's the correct term..) one affects me most (no theme parks, I don't like getting in people's cars in case they speed etc.) but none are proper phobias... I have a legitimate reason to hate velocity in that I hate the feeling on rollercoasters, like it doesn't scare me in a good way it just makes my stomach feel horrible and I just hate it.

So no REAL phobias, no.
From the age of 5 I've had this intense phobia of Mick Hucknall.

It will not subside.
phallainophobia not to be confused with phallophobia.
Reply 103
I don't really have a phobia, but, I constantly dream that chinese people are trying to kidnap me :O
I think I got the same phobia as you :sadnod:
Cats freak me out, but I don't have nightmares about them though, lol :p:
I could possibly be the only type-1 diabetic with an ankle tattoo to have trypanophobia (fear of needles).
cconstant

Thanks for that :hmmm:
King4eva
yeah i always have the feeling that a cat will jump out of the bushes and attack me, anytime im walking home at night, i always walk in the middle of the road. I even avoid going to my friends house because he has a cat!!

LOOOL, I'm like that - Everyone thinks that's weird, lool :p:
Oh I have nightmares about dogs all the time. I mean, I'm ok with passing a dog in the street but if one lingers around my feet for too long, well that upsets me.

Hmm, I once had a friend who had a phobia of veins; he couldnt even look at his own
Reply 109
Thrillseeker
See now, I don't actually think there's a name for that...

Thanks for sharing that with us though.

Oh there is, its called Old Labour. Every night before I sleep I think about it *shudders*
Clowns (Coulrophobia)
I got freaked out at my cousin's party by one. I can't look at a picture of a clown without getting upset :frown:
Reply 111
Where to start...
Vomiting to the extent that I won't drink alcohol, each meat unless I've prepared it (avoid food poisoning)
General Illness
Germs
Cancer
Death in general

I can directly blame my Dad for pretty much all of them, he's super neurotic. I seem to have internalised all his anxieties throughout my childhood. I often felt like he made a conscious effort to make me share his phobias. It's ****.
Reply 112
Thrillseeker
Cats Cats Cats :frown:

I have nightmares about them sometimes, like being chased by them, really big ones, coloured ones, ones with big fat necks, striped ones, purring ones.

Typing about cats worries me.

On a brightener note, my friend has a phobia of buttons. I know its evil but it really makes me laugh. Back in year 5, I accidentally offered her some chocolate buttons. She was not impressed.

She laughs at my cat phobia *shivers*

So, the question put forward to you, fellow TSRians is...

Do you have any phobias/ know of any strange phobias.

Lets just get it all out in the open :smile:

You hate cats?

You will never go on this then. My little bro loves it.

My phobia...I hate going upside down... went on Colossus a few years back in Thorpe Park, hated it. And people and dog drool URRRGHHHHH!!!!!!

PS: You really won't want to click my second spoiler tag either...
phobia of fat people. they might fall over and crush me
Spiders, I was quite brave the other day and saw one when I was hoovering, from a distance it didn't look that big (it looked like, small money spider size) but when it was on my hand it was really so much bigger :sad:

And, uh, I have a phobia of dolls/mannequins. Automatronophobia :ninja: Scare the **** out of me, I can't be in the same room as one and when they come on TV I freak, lol.
Flying, I find it so frightening even if I think of it too much I start to cry. It's horrible, I wish I could stop being so scared, I used to be fine, flew back and forth to America even! I don't know what's made me this way, my dad is wary of flying and he did use to watch air crash investigation, and I've lately had a few bad flights. I think it's more the fear of death than being up in the air itself, it's knowing that if it were to crash, I'm done for.

My fear is to the point when I constantly shake and silently cry all the way through the flight, the tiniest bit of turblence sends me wailing. It's so embarrassing and I know people are laughing at me but I can't help it, the fear is indescribeable, it feels like I am in full blown terror for the entire length of the flight.

Any ways I could cure this? It's my dream to travel the world and I don't want to cut myself off.
Reply 116
Spiders. Actually, the whole of the insect kingdom pretty much terrifies me, but Spiders are the worst. If I cant get away from them I scream and cry yet I know it's completely irrational, that's a specific phobia for you though.
Reply 117
xTash3007x
I'm scared of insects, I've literally not be in rooms for days if there's some sort of flying thing in there. Especially if it's a moth :frown: Why is it that so many people hate them, but not butterflies? QUOTE]

I hate Butterflies, and ladybugs to mention it. Actually, anything that can crawl, land on me or fly has me running scared.
Centipedes and tapeworms.

Just thinking about them almost makes me vomit. I refuse to eat raw onions because they reminds me of tapeworms.

The idea of living forever freaks me out too.

Latest

Trending

Trending