Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why do i have the worst personality? im too boring. i never talk and i hate it.

this may sound dumb, but when you talk, what happens in your mind? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Weed.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think about what I'm going to say most of the time. You just do it.

Maybe you just have no confidence?

ReputationRep:
    http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4611/facepalma.gif

im morally opposed to drugs. i dont care if people take them, they have a right to and all drugs should be legal. but they're not for me.

i guess i should accept being called weird now by everybody here, i dont care, is it wrong to have opinions?:confused:

(Original post by co_co_vogue)
    I dont think about what I'm going to say most of the time. You just do it.

Maybe you just have no confidence?
    i have plenty of confidence. i just dont want to be boring.

ReputationRep:
    yeah smoke some weed. If you can't do that, get some books off amazon such as 'how to talk to anyone' or 'the little book of confidence'. Its a state of mind. Also if you have nothing interesting to talk about get some hobbies. A lot of the quiet people I know are too scared to say something that might be deemed contreversial. Dont worry what others will think about what you say.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Sentences usually form with the aim of making an intelligent (though mostly unintelligent in my case) response.

Chit chat comes easier for some than others though. I beleive that.

ReputationRep:
    If you think you're boring, when you chat to someone try to find out as much about them as possible. Then if you find you have similarites explore them further.

Take it in your stride and don't try too hard ...

ReputationRep:
    why do i have the worst personality? im too boring. i never talk and i hate it.

Try talking?

Seriously though it may boost confidence!

ReputationRep:
    Lack of confidence and negative mentality imo

(Original post by Respect4Acting)
    http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4611/facepalma.gif
    what has captain sisko got to do with anything here? :confused:

(Original post by Greghouse)
    If you think you're boring, when you chat to someone try to find out as much about them as possible. Then if you find you have similarites explore them further.

Take it in your stride and don't try too hard ...
    how does that work?

ReputationRep:
    i have plenty of confidence. i just dont want to be boring.
    This shows a lack of confidence. What do you usuallly talk about? - When you do manage to talk, that is.

ReputationRep:
    find something to be interested about and develop opinions on them?

(Original post by Byllie)
    yeah smoke some weed.
    no thanks.
    If you can't do that, get some books off amazon such as 'how to talk to anyone' or 'the little book of confidence'. Its a state of mind. Also if you have nothing interesting to talk about get some hobbies. A lot of the quiet people I know are too scared to say something that might be deemed contreversial. Dont worry what others will think about what you say.

Cheers
    i have a lot of hobbies.

(Original post by Floofy)
    This shows a lack of confidence. What do you usuallly talk about? - When you do manage to talk, that is.
    one track, mono stuff. like politics and economics and football.

ReputationRep:
    I plan every word that comes out of my mouth. It takes time, but it works.

(Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    find something to be interested about and develop opinions on them?
    i have opinions on lots of things.

ReputationRep:
    why do i have the worst personality? im too boring.

That sounds like blatant lack of confidence too me! It would probably help if stopped worrying about being boring.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.