Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    how does that work?
    Just say ... So what were you up to this weekend, anything fun?

[wait for reply]

Oh, I did something similar\I've never done that before, what's it like?\is that a hobby of yours? etc etc ...

Does that make sense?

(Original post by co_co_vogue)
    That sounds like blatant lack of confidence too me! It would probably help if stopped worrying about being boring.
    i dont want to be boring. who is to stop me from being boring?

(Original post by Greghouse)
    Just say ... So what were you up to this weekend, anything fun?

[wait for reply]

Oh, I did something similar\I've never done that before, what's it like?\is that a hobby of yours? etc etc ...

Does that make sense?
    yes. i do that, but then i run out of things to say.

ReputationRep:
    i have opinions on lots of things.
    then make them known?
    why do you feel your boring?
    just because yiou're quiet doesn't mean you're boring

ReputationRep:
    The captain was face palming, because he was trying to say nobody on planet earth is boring to everyone you're probably just boring to a certain group, but would be appreciated elsewhere.

"boring" can't be fixed and if you try to it will probably end up seeming fake and desperate.

(Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    then make them known?
    why do you feel your boring?
    just because yiou're quiet doesn't mean you're boring
    im boring because everybody else thinks so, and they shy away from me because of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4611/facepalma.gif
    No no no

http://i29.tinypic.com/34g0t48.gif

And OP every single person in the world in unique in thier own way your just shy to even speak, confidence is your problem, your not boring.

ReputationRep:
    i dont want to be boring. who is to stop me from being boring?

No one can stop you being boring, it's an opinion anyway. Some people might think you are and some people might not think your boring. Just dont worry about it. You can stop yourself from being boring, try and have strong opinions maybe? Just be chatty and upbeat and dont worry.

The captain was face palming, because he was trying to say nobody on planet earth is boring to everyone you're probably just boring to a certain group, but would be appreciated elsewhere.

"boring" can't be fixed and if you try to it will probably end up seeming fake and desperate.
    why cant it be fixed?

sorry, but what you're saying is too New Age for me. im not much of a spiritual person.

ReputationRep:
    im boring because everybody else thinks so, and they shy away from me because of this.
    I think you have confidence issues

(Original post by co_co_vogue)
    No one can stop you being boring, it's an opinion anyway. Some people might think you are and some people might not think your boring. Just dont worry about it. You can stop yourself from being boring, try and have strong opinions maybe? Just be chatty and upbeat and dont worry.
    oh no? im with people and i dont talk, i bet they're thinking "dumbarse prick, THIS is exciting! :rolleyes: "

ReputationRep:
    im morally opposed to drugs. i dont care if people take them, they have a right to and all drugs should be legal. but they're not for me.

i guess i should accept being called weird now by everybody here, i dont care, is it wrong to have opinions?:confused:
    Highly disagree.

And it is not wrong to have opinions, I am with you, I have never done drugs, and never intend to. It's just not my cuppa tea.

why?

ReputationRep:
    You were just born like that.

Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    :top:

(Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    You were just born like that.

Sorry.
    why? i want to change, since that's only way i'll get anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Because if you had confidence, you would be able to talk to people easily

ReputationRep:
    There's abit of a difference between...

a) I run out of things to say.
    b) I have lots of opinions.

The others are right. You have confidence issues. People aren't usually that concerned about being boring. It's not about being new age, it's just the realisation that boring is subjective and dependant on the group of people you hang out with.

:top:
    how? i know i have to completely change who i am to get ahead.

ReputationRep:
    how? i know i have to completely change who i am to get ahead.
    Step 1: Stop trolling about being boring.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.