The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Tombola
There's abit of a difference between...

a) I run out of things to say.
b) I have lots of opinions.

The others are right. You have confidence issues. People aren't usually that concerned about being boring. It's not about being new age, it's just the realisation that boring is subjective and dependant on the group of people you hang out with.

yes they are. I am boring and i want to change.
Anonymous
why? i want to change, since that's only way i'll get anywhere.

Ignore me. I'm being a bitch.
You are boring me in this thread and i don't even know you personally it's like this.... how about trying not being so defensive to what people are saying in this thread and the main word seems to be confidence.

A: I am boring
B: Ok, why don't you try working on your confidence
A: But I am boring
B: Why dont you try hanging around with new people
B: It takes time, try doing some social activities that forces you to communicate
A: What if they find me boring.
Reply 43
Anonymous
yes they are. I am boring and i want to change.

I don't think you are boring. However I suspect that you only listen to your own voice, despite everybody else saying otherwise.

OK - You're boring. Happy?
Reply 44
Anonymous
how? i know i have to completely change who i am to get ahead.

I'm sure that isn't true and you're a perfectly likeable person. You're being too hard on yourself. A lot of people find it overwhelming making conversation. Just because you have a lot to say doesn't necessarily make you more interesting. I find people who just talk about themselves quite boring.

Just practise, smile, make eye contact, ask questions and listen to what they have to say, look for things you have in common. And to be honest, most people are too concerned about themselves to stay awake at night thinking about how you're a boring freak.
Reply 45
Bubbles*de*Milo
Ignore me. I'm being a bitch.

:confused:
Reply 46
There's nothing wrong with being a bit quiet. I often find people that are too chatty to be annoying. I guess it's all about finding the right balance.
Reply 47
Singh_2
There's nothing wrong with being a bit quiet. I often find people that are too chatty to be annoying. I guess it's all about finding the right balance.

says who? :confused:
Reply 48
Respect4Acting
You are boring me in this thread and i don't even know you personally it's like this.... how about trying not being so defensive to what people are saying in this thread and the main word seems to be confidence.

B: Ok, why don't you try working on your confidence
A: But I am boring
B: Why dont you try hanging around with new people
B: It takes time, try doing some social activities that forces you to communicate
A: What if they find me boring.

what is confidence? :confused:
Thanks for confirming you are just trolling.
Reply 50
Anonymous
im morally opposed to drugs.

i dont care if people take them, they have a right to and all drugs should be legal. but they're not for me.

So you aren't morally opposed to drugs?
If you want to change then do it.

Who is holding you back apart from yourself.
You're boring , because you think your boring. You need to obtain , a positive attitude , thinking you're boring will only result in you being even more boring. Stop worrying and just be yourself. Good night :wink:
Respect4Acting

You steal!
Maximum Velocity
You're boring , because you think your boring. You need to obtain , a positive attitude , thinking you're boring will only result in you being even more boring. Stop worrying and just be yourself. Good night :wink:

THIS!

always think on the bright side of life...dudu..dudududu.:biggrin:
Anonymous
im morally opposed to drugs. i dont care if people take them, they have a right to and all drugs should be legal. but they're not for me.

i guess i should accept being called weird now by everybody here, i dont care[B], is it wrong to have opinions?:confused:

Not at all.... I believe that u hv quite interesting opinions. Very few people can 'not be prejudiced' but still understand deep down what they are. As far as being boring is concerned, u can't be boring just because u don talk. My best friend is like silent all the time but we are always close. Go out for movies and shopping together. I personally am a chatterbox and I'm almost always speaking franglais, but we click quite well. don give others the right to make u feel inferior. Just chill! with such contrasting opinions, u can be anything but boring.
Reply 56
Profesh
So you aren't morally opposed to drugs?

I'm morally opposed to Christianity - wouldn't stop someone practicing it though.
Several things to consider here:
1 - As people mentioned before, a lot of it is due to lack of self confidence. As you mature, this will ease a bit but you also need to make an effort.
2 - Being boring doesn't mean anything. You don;t necessarily know that it is what they think of you. Even in very chatty groups, everyone likes a quiet friend. There can't be too many egos in a group; you might not be the life and soul of the party but maybe that is not what people expect of you either.
3 - If you want to engage in conversation with others, talk to them about them. Being interesting does not mean having lots of opinions (after most people are only interested in their own opinions than others') but about being genuinely interested in the person you are talking to. Try to ask questions which are about them.
4 - If you have strong opinions, people will be put off. See if you can communicate them in a more neutral manner. People who are very black and white tend to more quiet normally, but can become very bossy and dictatorial when they want to be heard, so maybe you are too much of an extreme for others to handle. It doesn't mean you have to change your opinions (though I suspect with age you will mellow) but that you must learn to accept that there are other points of views (and I don;'t mean just "Yeah - I accept it" but actually seeing the world in different shades of grey and showing genuine respect.
5 - Finally, maybe you are just hanging around with the wrong type of people. Because you think you are boring, yoou are seeking extroverts to go out with and this is not a crowd which is a natural fit for you. Find yourself some friends who are interested in the same activities as you and that way you can all enjoy one another's company.

Hope this makes sense
Reply 58
foxo
I'm morally opposed to Christianity - wouldn't stop someone practicing it though.

Well, presumably you wouldn't stop someone practising it because you're also morally-opposed to the suppression of free speech/expression/association (and thus regard forbearance as by far the lesser of two evils); but it was the "I don't care if people take them" part that piqued my attention - after all, 'moral' opposition does seem to imply that one would, at the very least, disapprove.
I've learnt that when most people talk they talk about random pointless ****, so start talking about random pointless **** I guess

Latest

Trending

Trending