Say stuff without thinking it first.
    Sounds strange, but it works

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinsula)
    Say stuff without thinking it first.
    Sounds strange, but it works
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Is it when you start interacting with others, at that specific point in time, you just don't know what to say that would be interesting to talk about?

ReputationRep:
    This thread fails I'm bored

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    one track, mono stuff. like politics and economics and football.
    How the hell are politics and economics 'one track'?

ReputationRep:
    Obvious troll is boringly obvious.

(Original post by Byllie)
    yeah smoke some weed. If you can't do that, get some books off amazon such as 'how to talk to anyone' or 'the little book of confidence'. Its a state of mind. Also if you have nothing interesting to talk about get some hobbies. A lot of the quiet people I know are too scared to say something that might be deemed contreversial. Dont worry what others will think about what you say.

Cheers
    how would weed help?

ReputationRep:
    no thanks.

i have a lot of hobbies.
    what are your hobbies?

(Original post by blondyx)
    what are your hobbies?
    wel, stuff like:

- reading politics and economics stuff
    - watching football
    - watching cricket
    - using PCs and building them from scratch
    - listening to rock music
    - surfing the internet

ReputationRep:
    wel, stuff like:

- reading politics and economics stuff
    - watching football
    - watching cricket
    - using PCs and building them from scratch
    - listening to rock music
    - surfing the internet
    There are lots of things you can talk about to do with them. Why are you so convinced your boring anyway? just because some people around you think you are, doesnt mean you actually are. Everyone is different. Maybe you are just spending time with the wrong people.

Do you talk much to anyone? i sometimes find its the quiet people who are less boring. They are busy thinking about interesting things :p:

(Original post by blondyx)
    There are lots of things you can talk about to do with them. Why are you so convinced your boring anyway? just because some people around you think you are, doesnt mean you actually are. Everyone is different. Maybe you are just spending time with the wrong people.

Do you talk much to anyone? i sometimes find its the quiet people who are less boring. They are busy thinking about interesting things :p:
    i think i'm boring since i don't talk much. and i don't talk much since i can never think of anything to say.

(Original post by JonathanNorth)
    Is it when you start interacting with others, at that specific point in time, you just don't know what to say that would be interesting to talk about?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    i think i'm boring since i don't talk much. and i don't talk much since i can never think of anything to say.
    How old are you out of interest?

Don't think of things to say, just say and think later.

ReputationRep:
    If you have nothing interesting to say then don't bother, keep to yourself, asking on a forum won't suddenly fill your head with interesting mind blowing ideas and topic starters.
    It all depends who you're talking to anyway, don't bother talking about football with someone who dislikes it.
    I think an easy topic starter is music. Ask someone who their favourite band is.

ReputationRep:
    Hey anon, you just have to put yourself out of your comfort zone and wing it, dont get hung up on what people think of you its not important.
    You and me have a conversation on here. make sure you reply, dont think too much.

Hi im Louloubelle im 21 and I live in Gloucester. Where are you, what do you do with your life?

ReputationRep:
    I know why you're boring. Because you're dead negative, saying things like how will this help? if you do this in conversation then people won't want to talk to you because its depressing talking to someone who's negative about stuff.
    You're not boring, you're negative. Look more positively on life and it might be nicer to live!

(Original post by Louloubelleb)
    Hey anon, you just have to put yourself out of your comfort zone and wing it, dont get hung up on what people think of you its not important.
    You and me have a conversation on here. make sure you reply, dont think too much.

Hi im Louloubelle im 21 and I live in Gloucester. Where are you, what do you do with your life?
    i live overseas, but am UK-born.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry fields)
    I know why you're boring. Because you're dead negative, saying things like how will this help? if you do this in conversation then people won't want to talk to you because its depressing talking to someone who's negative about stuff.
    You're not boring, you're negative. Look more positively on life and it might be nicer to live!
    I'm sorry but how I just have to say how can you live in Manchester and support Liverpool? :p:

(Original post by Clements-)
    How the hell are politics and economics 'one track'?
    this may sound arrogant, but they are too high brow for most people.

like i somebody the other day asked me what i thought about the recession and i said "well, i reckon the lesson we can learn from it is to find a new model for our economy." they were like ":confused: "

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.