Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well it probably depends on who your talking to and what you're doing at the time.

If your in a forced meeting situation then you're both in the same situation so it's a bit of a joke, just tell each other what you need to know and then talk about anything interesting they've mentioned.

You don't always need a new topic, especially if there's only two of you. Just start with getting food with them, talk about what's on TV, ask them to play pool, talk about class or whatever you can do.

ReputationRep:
    you just have a boring personality.. some people do I am afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Because you don't capitalise your thread title.

/pet hate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i live overseas, but am UK-born.
    OK well try to answer in complete sentances.
    So where do you live, how old are you, what are you studying?
    Answer all the questions!
    Try to engage in the conversation sound interested, make an effort

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    I'm sorry but how I just have to say how can you live in Manchester and support Liverpool? :p:
    'cos I'm not from Manchester, I'm from Liverpool! I just happen to have ended up in Manchester

ReputationRep:
    this may sound arrogant, but they are too high brow for most people.

like i somebody the other day asked me what i thought about the recession and i said "well, i reckon the lesson we can learn from it is to find a new model for our economy." they were like ":confused: "
    Maybe you just hang out with stupid people and therein lies your problem.

ReputationRep:
    Pretend that the people around you are stupid and that they will believe everything you say, If you think you are better then them helps:lurk:

http://paulboylan.files.wordpress.co...le-posters.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Because you haven't given yourself chance to BELIEVE!

(Original post by Louloubelleb)
    OK well try to answer in complete sentances.
    So where do you live, how old are you, what are you studying?
    Answer all the questions!
    Try to engage in the conversation sound interested, make an effort
    I live in the Caribbean, and i work for a university out here. i'm in my 20s, but lived most of my life in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    You think, therefore you are.

(Original post by Clements-)
    Maybe you just hang out with stupid people and therein lies your problem.
    i dont know any intelligent people around me.

ReputationRep:
    I just say whatever I'm thinking at the time, which is probably why everyone thinks I'm crazy and maybe a bit mean. I also have a lot of opinions on things so I can talk for hours. That seems to work with me

Just try not to worry about what people think. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so get them out there!

ReputationRep:
    It kind of seems like you dont want anyones help as you keep dismissing peoples' advice.

ReputationRep:
    I live in the Caribbean, and i work for a university out here. i'm in my 20s, but lived most of my life in the UK.
    ok so that cool, the carribean must be beautiful. What do you do at the university, how come you moved out there?

ReputationRep:
    I live in a tree, I'm in my 90's, and I like to watch grass grow

(Original post by Jaydiee)
    It kind of seems like you dont want anyones help as you keep dismissing peoples' advice.
    i dont want to be boring any more.

ReputationRep:
    stop going on about it and do something about it then! lots of people have given you advice

ReputationRep:
    Well then listen to people!
    Even if you listen more to people in 'real' conversations you will pick up on certain things which may help you to initiate and join in with coversations better, thus you will come across as interesting and not boring.
    If you believe you are boring you will portray this through yourself and then others will find you equally as boring.

(Original post by Jaydiee)
    Well then listen to people!
    Even if you listen more to people in 'real' conversations you will pick up on certain things which may help you to initiate and join in with coversations better, thus you will come across as interesting and not boring.

How? :confused:

If you believe you are boring you will portray this through yourself and then others will find you equally as boring.[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    This thread was only ever a whining thread, or a trolling thread. It's up to you to decide which ones worst.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.