Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by blondyx)
    stop going on about it and do something about it then! lots of people have given you advice
    but i want to talk plenty like everybody else. i hate being quiet. :confused:

you said boring is relative, and i guess this is true, but i hate running out of things to say in mid-conversation. i think nature hates me, since she gave me a **** personality. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean how? Its easy to listen to people!

(Original post by Tombola)
    This thread was only ever a whining thread, or a trolling thread. It's up to you to decide which ones worst.
    i dont know how to interpret your advice.

(Original post by Jaydiee)
    What do you mean how? Its easy to listen to people!
    well i ask people about what they like, but then i fizzle out and cannot think of anything to say. like if im at work, i would ask people what they did at the weekend, then i have to leave since my mind goes blank.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    but i want to talk plenty like everybody else. i hate being quiet. :confused:

you said boring is relative, and i guess this is true, but i hate running out of things to say in mid-conversation. i think nature hates me, since she gave me a **** personality. :rolleyes:
    we have given you advice but your not listening to it. yeah i know you hate being quiet, i hate it about myself too. Maybe thats just the way you are and you should accept it. If you want to change it, then just read self help books on improving confidence or communication skills.

ReputationRep:
    well i ask people about what they like, but then i fizzle out and cannot think of anything to say. like if im at work, i would ask people what they did at the weekend, then i have to leave since my mind goes blank.
    Honestly I know some people and they DO NOT shutup and, quite frankly, they're annoying! Its good to go quiet as it allows other people to talk.
    Do you really care if someone thinks you're boring, as someone else said, to some people you may be boring but to others you can be very interesting. You just need to relax.

we have given you advice but your not listening to it. yeah i know you hate being quiet, i hate it about myself too. Maybe thats just the way you are and you should accept it. If you want to change it, then just read self help books on improving confidence or communication skills.
    i want to change it, since i dont want to have the absolute worst personality out there.

i made a plan for myself to be a different person, and i am 70% of the way there. i just need to not be boring and i am 100% there.

(Original post by Jaydiee)
    Honestly I know some people and they DO NOT shutup and, quite frankly, they're annoying! Its good to go quiet as it allows other people to talk.
    Do you really care if someone thinks you're boring, as someone else said, to some people you may be boring but to others you can be very interesting. You just need to relax.
    oh no? that is better than being in a car with your mum and NOT talking. :rolleyes: i feel guilty that i cannot even chat with my mother, without looking like a boring prick. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i want to change it, since i dont want to have the absolute worst personality out there.

i made a plan for myself to be a different person, and i am 70% of the way there. i just need to not be boring and i am 100% there.
    the worst personality?!... just because your quiet doesnt mean you have the worst personality in the world. Being quiet is alot better than arrogance, users, snobs, manipulators, people who dont shut up talking.

so what.. your quiet.. doesnt mean your boring and have the worst personality!

how are you 70% of the way there...?

the worst personality?!... just because your quiet doesnt mean you have the worst personality in the world. Being quiet is alot better than arrogance, users, snobs, manipulators, people who dont shut up talking.

so what.. your quiet.. doesnt mean your boring and have the worst personality!

how are you 70% of the way there...?
    ive spent most of the past five years or so trying to change my personality.

ReputationRep:

im quiet too, i dont talk much, not even to my mum.. does that mean i have the worst personality and that im boring?

ReputationRep:
    ive spent most of the past five years or so trying to change my personality.
    change what exactly? seriously, you really do sound like you suffer from low self esteem. why do you feel so bad about yourself? were you bullied?

change what exactly? seriously, you really do sound like you suffer from low self esteem. why do you feel so bad about yourself? were you bullied?
    no. but people dont like me since im a big fool, i dont talk, i dont hang out with many people, and ive never had a girlfriend before. i think its my personality thats the problem.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    its so simple,
    if you think your boring, you will come across as boring
    why dont you start by saying i am fun, i am interesting and just see what happenss
    its all in the mindd
    and just go and hang out with people , maybe start off in bigger groups so you can bounce off other peoples comments and convo's

ReputationRep:
    Just drink alcohol at any social event and talk ********, people will love you.

ReputationRep:
    no. but people dont like me since im a big fool, i dont talk, i dont hang out with many people, and ive never had a girlfriend before. i think its my personality thats the problem.:rolleyes:
    how are you a fool?
    there is nothing wrong with your personality.. the only problem seems to be your self esteem tbh. You should love yourself for who you are. Its ahrd to love someone if they dont love themself. What do you like doing? what do you think about most of the time?

I think what you should do is write a list about everything you like about yourself, dont be so critical of yourself

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you think too much about what you want to say.

[QUOTE=blondyx]how are you a fool?
    there is nothing wrong with your personality..]

yes there is.
    the only problem seems to be your self esteem tbh. You should love yourself for who you are. Its ahrd to love someone if they dont love themself. What do you like doing? what do you think about most of the time?

I think what you should do is write a list about everything you like about yourself, dont be so critical of yourself
    ok.

ReputationRep:
    I would encourage you to analyse in depth the extent of your boringness through a series of rigorous tests allowing you to henceforth eliminate any compromises in your understanding of the situation. You can then proceed to write a doctoral thesis on the subject by studying the essential characteristics which result in you being a boring person.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    You are not alone.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.