Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How would you react in a social situation to someone punching a nobhead for being a nobhead? E.g. the typical type that bullies others.

ReputationRep:
    i would join in punching the "nobhead"

i mean, punching someone is generally frowned upon but if he was seriously annoying would you do it to shut him up?

ReputationRep:
    Would probably laugh..if I hated the person too...

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't bother, too much effort. And think of the hand/fist ache after. What if they get back up and deck you after? :no:

EDIT: Oh wait, I misread it :p: I'd probably laugh, or watch intently from a safe distance.

ReputationRep:
    You only use your fists as a last resort. Confront them about their bawbaggery and challenge them to stop it, if they back down there's no need to use violence, if you push them to far and they hit you then anything after that is fair game. Depends who's fighting, but unless I was mates with both/wasn't on anyone's side I wouldn't be in any hurry to get involved until it got serious....

ReputationRep:
    Grow up.

ReputationRep:
    i get off over that kinda **** tbh
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i mean, punching someone is generally frowned upon but if he was seriously annoying would you do it to shut him up?
    No. What kind of **** are you? I'd punch him only if he was punching other people.

(Original post by Celtic_Anthony)
    You only use your fists as a last resort. Confront them about their bawbaggery and challenge them to stop it, if they back down there's no need to use violence, if you push them to far and they hit you then anything after that is fair game. Depends who's fighting, but unless I was mates with both/wasn't on anyone's side I wouldn't be in any hurry to get involved until it got serious....

since i have been learning mma for 3 years now and karate for 8 years i think i can handle myself just fine. Thing is, i'll have to make it look absolutely necessary for me to defend myself.

No, i just dislike his general bullying of others and he is pissing me off by making all these snide comments about me being 'mr ufc' .

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8144233.stm

ReputationRep:
    since i have been learning mma for 3 years now and karate for 8 years i think i can handle myself just fine. Thing is, i'll have to make it look absolutely necessary for me to defend myself.

No, i just dislike his general bullying of others and he is pissing me off by making all these snide comments about me being 'mr ufc' .
    TBH, I don't "get" you, my mate's a black belt in one discipline and approaching one in a second and he's the most placid guy I've met. Use your mouth, don't resort to violence 'cos you can't take a ****ging. Fair enough, if he's bullying others then pull him up about it, but don't just start hitting him and don't try and engineer the situation so that that's what ends up happening. You sound like you want to give this guy a kicking and not actually sort out the reason you're angry with him.

Chin him about his behaviour, don't start violent.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you do, don't punch people in the neck. Otherwise you might just ruin a guy's life if his neck will stard giving out the clicking sound afterwards... :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    if he's being a **** to everyone, like physically causing damage, i'd knock him out.
    otherwise, it's with words that i'd try to take him down.

keep your fists for the ring. i don't do any martial arts, but i play ice hockey, and i'd never throw a punch outside the ice rink unless i absolutely had to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unikq)
    but i play ice hockey,
    Yous are mental, by all accounts, and I'm saying that with a rugby background!

ReputationRep:

Take him down for some ground and pound, I heard he cant wrestle.

ReputationRep:
    not worth it these days mate...physical violence is a last resort (except on a rugby pitch :P) as you never know whether who you're punching is the kind of tw** who wouldnt think twice about stabbing you/calling his mates to come and stab you

ReputationRep:

mate, absolutely finish him.

ReputationRep:
    mate , tell him your mr icf then beat him round the head with a pie. case solved

ReputationRep:

There's a big difference between training in a dojo and fighting in the real world. Even black belts have been given a slap or two.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.