The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What the hell is an In N Out burger?
robbo3045
What the hell is an In N Out burger?

It's a restaurant that is completely and unendingly delicious. They have neapolitan milkshakes!
Delta Usafa
It's a restaurant that is completely and unendingly delicious. They have neapolitan milkshakes!

Ooohh, I shall have to try one when I am in the US next month! :teeth:

Even though, the name 'In and out' does make me feel a bit uneasy. :blush:
robbo3045
Ooohh, I shall have to try one when I am in the US next month! :teeth:

Even though, the name 'In and out' does make me feel a bit uneasy. :blush:

What part of the U.S. will you be in? Because it's not a nation-wide chain unfortunately. :frown:
Delta Usafa
What part of the U.S. will you be in? Because it's not a nation-wide chain unfortunately. :frown:

Are there any in LA, San Fran, San Diego, Las Vegas? I'm going to all these places.
robbo3045
Are there any in LA, San Fran, San Diego, Las Vegas? I'm going to all these places.

Yep! It's a Southwest chain, so you'll see plenty. :biggrin:

I'm in San Diego too! Woo!
Delta Usafa
Yep! It's a Southwest chain, so you'll see plenty. :biggrin:

I'm in San Diego too! Woo!

I better keep away from the showers when I'm there then :awesome:
robbo3045
I better keep away from the showers when I'm there then :awesome:

:teeth:
Reply 28
Delta Usafa
Oh thank goodness.

Then what are all these people talking about?

The stereotype fat American. The problem is that the Brits are catching up fast in the obesity league tables. Hardly surprising since the national passtime is drinking 6 pints of lager followed by a curry or kebab at 1.00 in the morning.
Americans make me want to vomit.
Reply 30
Lady_KaKa
Americans make me want to vomit.

You make me want to vomit.
Reply 31
Like other have said, you (as in America) don't seem to have any real concept of correct portion sizing.
Reply 32
USA is also the birth place of the size 0 fad.

The country has a huge issue with weight/body-image in general.
Howard
You make me want to vomit.

What a great comeback. You should be so proud that you've achieved something today!
Reply 34
cos y'all be greedy, y'all want anythin and errthing ya dig
Reply 35
Because they eat too much fast food! Then blame the companies for making them fat! And then they try and sue! And then when they're told they can't sue because it's their own fault they get sad and eat more rubbish.

I want a Big Mac now. Lol.
Reply 36
Anick14
Okay now I'm looking for a legitimate answer, no exaggerations... honestly how much larger are the portions? like, a small mcdonalds coke vs a small random-uk-chain soda or something.

this is so true though. when i went to usa the mcdonalds chips small box was the same as our uk large box lol. same price though so you cant complain :eek:
Reply 37
Looking out of my window, the UK is following close behind.
Reply 38
If anyone wants to be put off McDonalds, watch Supersize Me. I now avoid any place with the yellow M outside it with a barge pole. Thats not to say I still enjoy fast food occasionally though, Burger King/KFC/Subway still does it for me :smile:

Another reason why Americans are so fat is that they seem to have hardly any idea about healthy foods/ingredients, in the large food stores that I have been to (including Fresh n Easy to see how like/unlike it was to a British Tesco) the aisles for fresh produce seemed about 1/5 the size of the ones in British supermarkets.
TJH89
If anyone wants to be put off McDonalds, watch Supersize Me. I now avoid any place with the yellow M outside it with a barge pole. Thats not to say I still enjoy fast food occasionally though, Burger King/KFC/Subway still does it for me :smile:

Logic fail.

America has a larger percent of obesity for a number of reasons; the most pertinent being the increased usage of cars (even for short distances), portion sizes (which ARE vastly different...I go on holiday to the states every summer and it really is a completely different culinary experience, from fast food chains to normal restaurants), the fact that even so-called healthy foods are actually fattening (a salad in McDonalds contains almost as much [or maybe more, i cannae remember] fat as a quarter pounder because of the fatty sauce) and the lack of cheap, available healthy foods.

Latest

Trending

Trending