Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend just broke up with me just this last sunday...i'm incrediably heart-broken & still want to be with him. but...i don't know how long for me to talk to him again because i already blocked him on fb to try get over him.
    i can't completely ignore him because we was very very close friends before sooo i'm stuck

(Original post by Livi_510)
    Talk to her beforehand maybe, ask if she'd be okay with you being there. If she's sat near you or something just don't blatantly ignore her.
    I think she'd be fine considering we did see each other and she looked perfectly fine and I think she's gotten over me (considering she did dump me obviously it won't be as hard as it is for me I don't think).

(Original post by FrustratedHistorian)
    my boyfriend just broke up with me just this last sunday...i'm incrediably heart-broken & still want to be with him. but...i don't know how long for me to talk to him again because i already blocked him on fb to try get over him.
    i can't completely ignore him because we was very very close friends before sooo i'm stuck
    Same problem here - we were really close friends before this so it sucks a lot and it puts me in a hard situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I think she'd be fine considering we did see each other and she looked perfectly fine and I think she's gotten over me (considering she did dump me obviously it won't be as hard as it is for me I don't think).

Same problem here - we were really close friends before this so it sucks a lot and it puts me in a hard situation.
    Do it step by step then, as soon as you start feeling hurt/angry again then just stop talking (politely)/go over to some different people.

ReputationRep:

Being very close friends with him prior to being in a relationship with him, i trusted him...that trust grew during the relationship. Now - it feels like 'why break my heart, i trusted you' because i'm still in the 'Indenial' stage. Unfortunately, i still want to be with him & i know that's not going to happen, that makes it harder not to call him

(Original post by FrustratedHistorian)
    Being very close friends with him prior to being in a relationship with him, i trusted him...that trust grew during the relationship. Now - it feels like 'why break my heart, i trusted you' because i'm still in the 'Indenial' stage. Unfortunately, i still want to be with him & i know that's not going to happen, that makes it harder not to call him
    Such an identical situation to me then. The thing is I wanted to talk to her about trying to improve things (felt it was getting a bit one-sided) but then she suddenly came out and broke up with me saying she now realised how horrible she was. I think it was a weak reason which makes me doubt if she was even telling the truth or if it was for another reason.

That's the thing - I trusted her SO MUCH and, exactly like you, I'm feeling like "how could you just end it when it was so great and I trusted you so much?" I still want to be with her too but I know it's not gonna happen so obviously want to get over her as soon as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Such an identical situation to me then. The thing is I wanted to talk to her about trying to improve things (felt it was getting a bit one-sided) but then she suddenly came out and broke up with me saying she now realised how horrible she was. I think it was a weak reason which makes me doubt if she was even telling the truth or if it was for another reason.

That's the thing - I trusted her SO MUCH and, exactly like you, I'm feeling like "how could you just end it when it was so great and I trusted you so much?" I still want to be with her too but I know it's not gonna happen so obviously want to get over her as soon as possible.
    The situation was the relationship had some problems but i wanted to work things out because we went through alot. He said he doesn't feel the same way he did when he first initially liked me - his feelings changed...that's why he doesn't want to work things out because he feels that nothing will change. There are other reasons such as imitimacy; his jealousy of my close boy bestfriend (which is a stupid reason)
    It hurts alot because we had strong feelings for each other & i believe that i love him. Last sunday - i expected to work things out, so it was a major shock to my system because i physically felt my heart shattered.
    Sadly there's a conflict between what i feel (i still want him) and what i think (should move on).. its hard because one tends to replay everything in detail what of might gone wrong.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.