Turn on thread page Beta

Completely ignore ex? watch

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend just broke up with me just this last sunday...i'm incrediably heart-broken & still want to be with him. but...i don't know how long for me to talk to him again because i already blocked him on fb to try get over him.
    i can't completely ignore him because we was very very close friends before sooo i'm stuck

(Original post by Livi_510)
    Talk to her beforehand maybe, ask if she'd be okay with you being there. If she's sat near you or something just don't blatantly ignore her.
    I think she'd be fine considering we did see each other and she looked perfectly fine and I think she's gotten over me (considering she did dump me obviously it won't be as hard as it is for me I don't think).

(Original post by FrustratedHistorian)
    my boyfriend just broke up with me just this last sunday...i'm incrediably heart-broken & still want to be with him. but...i don't know how long for me to talk to him again because i already blocked him on fb to try get over him.
    i can't completely ignore him because we was very very close friends before sooo i'm stuck
    Same problem here - we were really close friends before this so it sucks a lot and it puts me in a hard situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I think she'd be fine considering we did see each other and she looked perfectly fine and I think she's gotten over me (considering she did dump me obviously it won't be as hard as it is for me I don't think).

Same problem here - we were really close friends before this so it sucks a lot and it puts me in a hard situation.
    Do it step by step then, as soon as you start feeling hurt/angry again then just stop talking (politely)/go over to some different people.

ReputationRep:

Being very close friends with him prior to being in a relationship with him, i trusted him...that trust grew during the relationship. Now - it feels like 'why break my heart, i trusted you' because i'm still in the 'Indenial' stage. Unfortunately, i still want to be with him & i know that's not going to happen, that makes it harder not to call him

(Original post by FrustratedHistorian)
    Being very close friends with him prior to being in a relationship with him, i trusted him...that trust grew during the relationship. Now - it feels like 'why break my heart, i trusted you' because i'm still in the 'Indenial' stage. Unfortunately, i still want to be with him & i know that's not going to happen, that makes it harder not to call him
    Such an identical situation to me then. The thing is I wanted to talk to her about trying to improve things (felt it was getting a bit one-sided) but then she suddenly came out and broke up with me saying she now realised how horrible she was. I think it was a weak reason which makes me doubt if she was even telling the truth or if it was for another reason.

That's the thing - I trusted her SO MUCH and, exactly like you, I'm feeling like "how could you just end it when it was so great and I trusted you so much?" I still want to be with her too but I know it's not gonna happen so obviously want to get over her as soon as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Such an identical situation to me then. The thing is I wanted to talk to her about trying to improve things (felt it was getting a bit one-sided) but then she suddenly came out and broke up with me saying she now realised how horrible she was. I think it was a weak reason which makes me doubt if she was even telling the truth or if it was for another reason.

That's the thing - I trusted her SO MUCH and, exactly like you, I'm feeling like "how could you just end it when it was so great and I trusted you so much?" I still want to be with her too but I know it's not gonna happen so obviously want to get over her as soon as possible.
    The situation was the relationship had some problems but i wanted to work things out because we went through alot. He said he doesn't feel the same way he did when he first initially liked me - his feelings changed...that's why he doesn't want to work things out because he feels that nothing will change. There are other reasons such as imitimacy; his jealousy of my close boy bestfriend (which is a stupid reason)
    It hurts alot because we had strong feelings for each other & i believe that i love him. Last sunday - i expected to work things out, so it was a major shock to my system because i physically felt my heart shattered.
    Sadly there's a conflict between what i feel (i still want him) and what i think (should move on).. its hard because one tends to replay everything in detail what of might gone wrong.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.