The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bias opinion - Economics.

But it does depend on what interests you. See how it is through year 12 first, then take a look at both specifications during the summer before year 13 and make your choice then. Or you can wait for results day and drop the subject you did the worst in.
Reply 2
Do you not need maths for Med applications?
Reply 3
GGecko

You don't NEED it, but it's always good to have.
GGecko

No. Some Cambridge colleges prefer you to have 3 sciences, but that's only some of them and the rest of the universities don't have anything similar. UCL even states that preference will be given to those who have a contrasting arts subject! :yes:
GGecko
In a word, no.

Oh and OP, those subjects are fine for Medicine.
Reply 6
GGecko

No, no, no.

JayAyy
You don't NEED it, but it's always good to have.

Says who?

OP: Economics or Sociology, it doesn't matter, whichever one you like more and which you think you're capable of getting a better grade in.
Reply 7
Democracy

Says who?

http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses/medicine/requirements.html

For universities like Cambridge, if you don't want to do physics then maths is the way forward.
Reply 8
JayAyy
http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses/medicine/requirements.html

For universities like Cambridge, if you don't want to do physics then maths is the way forward.

That's only certain colleges though, your post made it seem like everywhere and anywhere prefer it :tongue:
Reply 9
Democracy
That's only certain colleges though, your post made it seem like everywhere and anywhere prefer it :tongue:

Oh my bad, sorry lol. I'll be more specific next time :smile:
Keep Economics, it would look better than keeping sociology.
Reply 11
Thanks everyone for replying. Was a bit worried b4 not now!
Reply 12
FinalFlash
Keep Economics, it would look better than keeping sociology.
It would? To you maybe...
Renal
It would? To you maybe...

:yes: You got me.
Reply 14
I did sociology and loved it. Didn't have a problem with admissions anywhere.
What's sociology? :confused:
<3 biology!
No. Some Cambridge colleges prefer you to have 3 sciences, but that's only some of them and the rest of the universities don't have anything similar. UCL even states that preference will be given to those who have a contrasting arts subject! :yes:

You need 3 sciences for all Cambridge colleges.
Jonty99
You need 3 sciences for all Cambridge colleges.

Ahh so you do. I think it's changed from last year.

"Passes in three of the following: Biology; Chemistry; Physics; Mathematics. One of the subjects must be Chemistry and at least one pass must be at A level."

Only need one at A Level though.
<3 biology!
Ahh so you do. I think it's changed from last year.

"Passes in three of the following: Biology; Chemistry; Physics; Mathematics. One of the subjects must be Chemistry and at least one pass must be at A level."

Only need one at A Level though.

Tbh I think if you applied with only one science A2 you'd have no chance of getting in. :p:
Jonty99
Tbh I think if you applied with only one science A2 you'd have no chance of getting in. :p:

Too true. :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending