Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

late of the pier too quiet? watch

ReputationRep:
    I love love love the band personally but their album is so quiet. Its either really poorly produced or i'm just downloading duds. I downloaded the album once from megadownload and then found it too quiet so downloaded the second (same album), which was the same volume. I dont mean it's rediculously quiet as in theres something wrong with it. But i have really powerful speakers and when i play most music, i usually have the volume set to about a quater of the way (half if theres no one to disturb :cool: ) but with LOTP i have to have it right near full volume. Also its very annoying when i'm listening on my ipod, i always have full vol on and i'll listen to a NORMAL volume track, and then LOTP comes on and feels so quiet. Very frustrating.

anyone else found this?

ReputationRep:
    i got the album on a cd for free and it was fine

ReputationRep:
    you dont think it's slightly quieter than other albums? If not can you send it me please! like upload onto torrent for me to download. The quietness of mine is really bugging me.

Do you have the metronomy nights out album, is it much quieter than that? I find it a lot quieter than metronomy

ReputationRep:
    Both Nights Out and Fantasy Black Channel sound fine to me

ReputationRep:
    Just buy the album? If you love it so much, it won't hurt you to part with £7, or thereabouts to hear it properly. Mine's fine.

ReputationRep:
    You can sort it out in itunes. Right click, press get info, then go to the options tab and increase the volume there.

ReputationRep:
    It's fine...

ReputationRep:
    If it's quieter than other albums it may be because you're used to condensed music. These days a lot of music is mixed to keep high levels (aka. brickwalling) because if the song is played in the club amongst other songs playing at the same volume the condensed song will sound louder. Obviously everyone wants their song to stand out more so they all do it. It's especially noticable if you listen to a song on an mp3 player, a lot of new albums will sound a lot louder than most albums from the 80s.

But then if you listen to another album that isn't as badly condensed then it can sound really quiet, usually it's from slightly geeky bands who care about sound tech.

...or you're just downloading duff copies.

ReputationRep:
    My copy of Fantasy Black Channel is just fine. You have dud copies. Buy the CD, problem solved, woohoo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rue the whirl)
    You can sort it out in itunes. Right click, press get info, then go to the options tab and increase the volume there.
    omg, it was only on half volume. Thanks!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.