Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Say someone gets an offer from Warwick of AAB, but then ABC/ACC... Would warwick still allow you? How is it done? What are the regulations?

Im a bit scared that i didnt meet my offer and might get rejected
    Someone help please.

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on the course your doing really. I means Engineering you need an AAB for MEng, although I know people who got in with ABC. But for Maths, they have so many applicants that they could only just take the people with AAAa.

I guess you'll just have to wait. Im sure you did find though.

~Amish

ReputationRep:
    What subject are you doing? As a rule, they are quite strict, but if your course is less competitive you might be able to sway them.

ReputationRep:
    what about biomedical chemistry..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sambo2)
    what about biomedical chemistry..?
    i think they're quite slack.

ReputationRep:
    what course?

ReputationRep:
    What about computer science?

ReputationRep:
    To be fair the only time their really strict are: Any Math Course. Anything to do with the business school. Law. Maybe some pure sciences. But the rest their pretty easy going about. But still, get the best you can of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shonak)
    What about computer science?
    not so much i don't think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kasdi6900)
    Say someone gets an offer from Warwick of AAB, but then ABC/ACC... Would warwick still allow you? How is it done? What are the regulations?

Im a bit scared that i didnt meet my offer and might get rejected
    Someone help please.
    They were strict for me. They asked for AABc, and I got ABBb missing the A mark by not too many marks. They said they'd only let me in if I got a remark and my mark went up making my grade an A. Alas, that didn't happen and I wasn't allowed in!

This was for History.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Totally Tom)
    i think they're quite slack.
    yeh thats how they came across, they basically said if you dont get the grades ring up anyway..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sambo2)
    yeh thats how they came across, they basically said if you dont get the grades ring up anyway..
    indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cityheadache)
    They were strict for me. They asked for AABc, and I got ABBb missing the A mark by not too many marks. They said they'd only let me in if I got a remark and my mark went up making my grade an A. Alas, that didn't happen and I wasn't allowed in!

This was for History.
    sux for you.

ReputationRep:
    Im doing Civil Enngineering BENG, Basically ive been offered BBB, and im afraid im gona get BCC.

ReputationRep:
    Im a BEng civil engineering student. Last year i got in with an ABC. I know people that got in with ABD and a friend did get in with BBC but he was ill during his A Levels. So thet could sway it. But yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kasdi6900)
    Im doing Civil Enngineering BENG, Basically ive been offered BBB, and im afraid im gona get BCC.
    this will be pushing it.

ReputationRep:
    how about discrete maths?

ReputationRep:
    Same as maths. Need pretty much AAA and a Step paper or AAAA i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amishb)
    Im a BEng civil engineering student. Last year i got in with an ABC. I know people that got in with ABD and a friend did get in with BBC but he was ill during his A Levels. So thet could sway it. But yeah.
    I see.
    Thanks for that, Well when i get my results, i will try to hustle a place
    I heard also that if you dont make the grades, they take into account your personal statement, any interview notes, your reference etc.
    Is this true? My PS is really good, and my reference from my teacher is literally top notch!
    Also the interviewer was really impressed with me and he was always writing things down on paper that i said to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tranhieu)
    how about discrete maths?
    not exactly the same because it's run by compsci department, you may even get some mathmos who missed the offer slightly coming in to do it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.